[Mod Request] Exercise/Rehabilitation

Started by Ruisuki, March 31, 2018, 06:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Requesting an exercise mod that adds a needs like bar similar to dubs hygiene called 'conditioning'

1. Build slight (very slight) bonuses to move speed and other physical attributes such as deflection, dodge, block, and most importantly carry weight.

2. Instead of adding a ton of negative moods it could primarily lower your attributes if you are dangerously out of shape. Though maybe sore and arenaline esque moods might be nice too.

3. Tie exercise "need" to my colonist rehabilitation mod idea. Colonists who get  new limbs have to have their proficiency with it climb gradually over multiple days instead of from 0 to 100 (real quick). With canes wheelchairs and walkers used until fully rehabilitated.

4. Add exercising equipment, like dumbbells, treadmills, benches to speed up the rehab process as well as build the exercise need fits well i think.

5. Add room with equipment in it as a new room role similar to dining rec and bedrooms. So 'extremely impressive training facility'  would apply

Avius

good idea actually, maybe if I'll finish some of mine

Tomasdav

New working program RimFit now on DVD. Yeah I had simmilar idea it would be great if you can change your fat colonist body shape into broad muscular one. Also movement and carrying bonuses would be great, but IMO I would make colonist either faster but lighter or slower but able to carry more stuff otherwise it will be too OP

Ruisuki

Quote from: Avius on May 08, 2018, 09:03:06 AM
good idea actually, maybe if I'll finish some of mine
!!!
Quote from: Tomasdav on May 09, 2018, 05:17:45 AM
New working program RimFit now on DVD. Yeah I had simmilar idea it would be great if you can change your fat colonist body shape into broad muscular one. Also movement and carrying bonuses would be great, but IMO I would make colonist either faster but lighter or slower but able to carry more stuff otherwise it will be too OP
yeah thatd be pretty good

Bolty

Good ideas all. A couple of suggestions I have are:

When the exercise meter is full or nearly full, colonists recover from injury and disease more quickly and more efficiently than when the meter is low.

A few new traits: Sporty - colonists with this trait actually gain joy and a positive mood buff when exercising. Hates exercise - these colonists lose joy and gain a mood debuff whilst exercising. Naturally fit - these colonists have naturally fit bodies and therefore need a lot less exercise than other people.

As well as exercise objects, working can also improve exercise. For example jobs such as hauling and construction seem rather strenuous and so these could keep colonists fit.

Ruisuki

Ruisuki