Furniture: Dresser & End table

Started by Yoshida Keiji, April 06, 2018, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Since B18, so far I never had the need to build any of these "Dressers" neither the "End table", that is because a bed already provides full comfort bar to the assigned pawn. Does anybody here actually use these?

In my current game with Randy storyteller Extreme difficulty, I'm on day 84. First growing season was severely slowdown due to Volcanic winter and the second growing season with a Cold snap, I also had Yorkshire terriers join, so there's plenty of mouthes to feed (I know I could have just butchered them but just waiting for the first trader to come and sell them). So I had no cotton plantation to place carpets, which I often do to improve beauty by always skipping stone flooring in bedrooms.

I want to improve Beauty.

But sculptures and flower pots always cause sleep disruption. And I cant stop thinking the functionality of these two furnitures should be swapped from "Comfort" to "Beauty" instead. Opinions?

Canute

Remove the floor, and add a growing zones.
Put light at the room and plant the best beatiful flower.
Good training for your low skilled pawn's too.

Build bed's out of jade/silver.

Design bigger sleeping rooms, less sleep disruption.

sick puppy

Quote from: Canute on April 06, 2018, 04:04:01 PM
Remove the floor, and add a growing zones.
Put light at the room and plant the best beatiful flower.
Good training for your low skilled pawn's too.

Build bed's out of jade/silver.

Design bigger sleeping rooms, less sleep disruption.
this and:
if you put sculptures in the corner piece of wall of rooms you have hey wont be accessible for pawns to look at so they wont disturb any pawn's sleep, but the sculptures will still add their beauty bonus to all four rooms. i'll try to make an ascii picture of it. here's the legend:
_ wall
| wall
(in the crossection of all walls would be the sculpture)

room1|room2
_____|_____
room3|room4
room3|room4

no wait i'll give it another try:
O is space in rooms.
M is walls
$ is the sculpture

OOOMOOO
OOOMOOO
OOOMOOO
MMM$MMM
OOOMOOO
OOOMOOO
OOOMOOO

wait this all sucks, not everyone is as big of a nerd as i am. here, i am sure this is understandable:
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🇺🇸🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🇺🇸🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🇺🇸🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🇺🇸🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🇺🇸🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🚪🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🚪
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢🌫🌫🌫🌫🏢
🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢🏢
(with special thanks to copy and paste)
i think everybody will get what i mean now except real robots.

Yoshida Keiji

To both Canute and Sick Puppy:

Yeah, by now I'm aware of these methods and I appreciate your responses, specially the one by SP with all the graphic representations. But of course, we are clearly talking about methods to counter the game mechanics in a way that is unnatural to inhabitants. I have seen other people place 5+ flower pots, which somehow looks more realistic than living "over" a garden. And while placing a sculpture in the intersection of walls does also help, we know that's not the way "we" humans position art pieces.

One of the most recurrent topics as of late have to do with "Balancing" and I was aiming to address in this topic how "Furniture" could be adjusted in a "way", again that actually feels "right" and logical. Placing sculptures at intersections is a good trick but then that also limits architectural layouts. Of course, SP is maximizing the benefits x4. I think making a corridor between two separate room rows and placing the sculptures facing the corridor "looks" more "correct". The sculpture benefit would be x2 for each room and all multipliers to the corridor.

Back to topic, I guess none of you two actually build "Dressers" or "End tables", right?

I wander if theres any mods that had added more furniture to bedrooms which could potentially replace the dressers and end tables for other items that could actually be of more use like:

* Wallpapers
* Windows
* Posters of favorite musicians or celebrities.

Any kind of decorative items. Maybe even teddy bears for our gamerchicks, or repurpose "Colored Lights" so that the change of interior color actually adds more beauty... That is really another Research I never work on because it has no use at all.

Does anybody here actually build Colored lights either? Electric cremation...another research I always ignore in all my games, same for Autodoors... So now I am counting on three useless researches that could be swapped for something else...

If not Balancing, lets just talk out of the box...

Canute

QuoteBack to topic, I guess none of you two actually build "Dressers" or "End tables", right?
i do most of the time, if i can afford the resources.

[attachment deleted due to age]