[1.3] [KV] Change Dresser [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 14, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagaciousNJ

Sadly, its still happening. I was sure to delete the version of the mod I have now and reinstall. No difference at all.

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00072] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:385
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:343
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:254
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x000c5] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingMaker.cs:44
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00096] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Designators\Place\Designator_Build.cs:284
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x0006c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Designator\DesignatorManager.cs:71
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x0002d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MapInterface.cs:147
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00176] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:105
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0004f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:169)

Kiame

Honestly no idea about that error. I just started up RimWorld and I was able to create both a Dresser and Mirror w/o issue.

A few random quesitons:
Are you on Linux?
What materials are being used to make them?

Canute

SagaciousNJ,
what about the rimworld version ? The latest mod version need the latest Rimworld version too.
Maybe an error log (CTRL-F12 if you got hugslib installed).

Kiame

rawrfisher

Quote from: SagaciousNJ on August 09, 2018, 10:01:36 PM
Sadly, its still happening. I was sure to delete the version of the mod I have now and reinstall. No difference at all.

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00072] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:385
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:343
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Activator.cs:254
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x000c5] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingMaker.cs:44
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00096] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Designators\Place\Designator_Build.cs:284
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x0006c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Designator\DesignatorManager.cs:71
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x0002d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\MapInterface.cs:147
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00176] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\UIRoot_Play.cs:105
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x0004f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:169)

Load order?

I know that error like the back of my hand lol

If I am not mistaken you are trying to place either a change dresser or change mirror in god mode.

There is some obscure mod conflict that is causing this and moving the mod either up or down in your load order will fix it.
I recommend using a quick start map to do the testing and please click share logs button in the debug panel.  I would like to see what mods we have in common.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

Updated for the latest Mend & Recycle version

Kiame

Update:
Alien body attributes can be modified again

Kiame

Update:
"Do Until X" filtering works again with bills

Amnesiac

This mod is amazing. I had it for awhile and just finally figured out how it all works and wow. Took me a bit to understand it but I think I got it all set up. Thanks for saving me so much hassle with my outfits!

Kiame

There is a lot to it... kind of just kept adding up while i was making it.

Let me know if you can think of any way to make it more user-friendly. To a point i'm constrained by the UI but i'd like any feedback  :)

NankaDanka

[?] Need help.. ;-;
I am trying to change the appearance of the elf of my colony, however.. it limits me to only these five hair options and does not allow change of body attributes (on the shelf i can change the body but the hair options remain the same).

[?] Is there any way to make this work or take away the hair limitation?

(I'm not sure if the limitation is of the breed mod).

Mods: ChangeDresser || Lord of the Rims - Elves

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kiame

The hair limitations are dictated by the alien race

NankaDanka

I was able to remove the limitation by removing a few lines inside the file of the race that contained TAG in the name referring to the ELF type... I do not handle much of this hahaha

Thank you very much Kiame for helping me c:

Amnesiac

I have a question about how pawns prioritize which clothing to wear,

I've made two outfits for in-combat, one called Winter Soldier and another called Winter Soldier Quick which is the same as Winter Solder, just without armor for quickly moving or getting in position.

For some reason I have a pawn which decided that with Quick outfit, she'll wear a slightly damaged Tribal wear for her clothing:
https://i.imgur.com/aUIN3hP.png

But with Winter Soldier, She'll wear a button down shirt:
https://i.imgur.com/8GcIn3G.png

I assumed that it was because the tribal wear gave better armor, but it would actually be better for her to switch into plainleather pants and button down shirt:
https://i.imgur.com/opnr2VN.png

So for some reason, with the quick outfit, she's not switching to the best available clothing, but with the soldier outfit, she is. Kinda strange! Any Idea why?

Edit: possibly because the tribal wear gives her a slightly higher max temp?

Kiame

The apparel selection is all based on the base game's logic. It's been a while since I last looked at that code and don't remember how it exactly decides what is going g to be worn.