Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robno

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on July 15, 2018, 05:14:36 AM
This is a minuscule detail but..."Unhappy Nudity" when a pawn is changing clothes is unnecessary. It's a few seconds notification, but better if you give it some delay so it doesn't clog the envelope column at the right.
Yeah, this is the case for a lot of notifications, e.g. the break risk - they can change very fast leading to lots of sounds being played.

I agree that social relationships should be fleshed out a little bit - the friendly chat is a good start. Maybe a very good friend, or someone with very high social skill, could have an option to try and snap a colonist out of one of the milder mental breaks? There could be a backfire risk of turning it worse, depending on social skill.

SpaceDorf

Fueled Buildings are driving me crazy. I really wish there was an option to prevent refueling.

Don't get me wrong. It is great that fueled Tribal buildings no longer autodestruct once they are empty.
But having to destroy them, to prevent the waste of precious fuel in times of need is really a turn off.
Destroying and rebuilding my torches or campfires during a heatwave, or the same for coolers in winter is an unneeded hassle.

The same goes for other fueled production buildings, though suspending all bills at least prevents using more fuel.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Oblitus

A siege.
Friendly tribals are arriving to help. Three of them got downed, and I took them to hospital.
One got better and decided to leave, taking one of the downed with him.
Near the edge of the map carried one got better and returned to the hospital.

There probably should be some more consistency.

NagashUD

Dead by infection (instant death) glitch .

[attachment deleted due to age]

NagashUD

Also now pawns sleep in wrong direction on the sleeping post

[attachment deleted due to age]

Oblitus

Quote from: NagashUD on July 15, 2018, 10:28:24 AM
Not exactly a glitch. HP of the body is 10/40 which is 25%. Infection reduces efficiency by 30%, so effective efficiency is below 0. Still, it makes infections on vital parts much more dangerous - pawn usually dies way before it reaches 100%.

NagashUD

Quote from: Oblitus on July 15, 2018, 10:39:15 AM
Quote from: NagashUD on July 15, 2018, 10:28:24 AM
Not exactly a glitch. HP of the body is 10/40 which is 25%. Infection reduces efficiency by 30%, so effective efficiency is below 0. Still, it makes infections on vital parts much more dangerous - pawn usually dies way before it reaches 100%.

Oh ok thanks for the explaination, rough tho :p

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: Lori1979 on July 14, 2018, 09:22:52 PM
2 strange things I've noticed:

1. People are no longer becoming lovers, even after a long time

2. When you kill all the wildlife for food, nothing new comes in the map anymore, so it's just empty.
people are still becoming lovers. I just had my second favorite reason for becoming a lover. One complimented the others relationship status. I imagine it sounded like "hey baby, I can't help but notice you are single.  I can fix that for you."

Animals won't spawn into the map with temps outside their comfort range, generally. In 1.0 this has been changed somehow, and heat waves will leave the map empty. Cold will also empty your map, most of my winter is with no animals.

alfons100

I noticed the sneaky change that Uranium was buffed as a material for weapons! Now it has way superior blunt damage and the Cooldown isn't as painfully slow, also even matching damage with Plasteel. Now I have to play around with it some more to see if it is useful enough. Still a terrible armor material.

But blunt weapons still aren't super useful, despite their new stun ability. Since full covering Power armor isn't exactly a common threat where the mace actually really shines, and spears are seemingly better against Mechanoids (They hit the Artificial brain more often), blunt weapons can be good but the moments they are still remain limited since those moments rarely show. Power armor is outrageously rare in raids (as far as I have seen). I think there should be a raid variant where they come more armored than usual, or that their raider equipment budgets are raised, but the amount of raiders are less?

Also nice that you are reviewing the Opinion system, it feels a little barebones. The flavor when they chat is hilarious, same when they insult eachother, but I can't help but feel like more could be done. More reasons to why people hate or love eachother other than talking about stuff like Animal Sexuality or eating without tables.
Maybe there can be that they compliment peoples services they provide, like holding somebodies Excellent+ weapon, getting well tended by somebody (100% tend quality or something), these buffs are relatively small, but a doctor would be a little extra respected, don't you think, but an organ-harvesting doctor, not so much.

Oblitus

Pemmican is still better than survival meals. Nutrition efficiency of pemmican is 160%, of survival meals is 150%. Cooking pemmican is two times faster. In addition, pemmican is not atomic, so when you are taking small animals with you they would eat as much as they need without wasting nutrition. And current speed mechanics greatly encourages it - taking fast animals greatly boosts speed even if they can't carry. Sure, survival meals are a bit lighter per nutrition, but it is rarely critical. Survival meals are fine without refrigeration, but it is usually a minor concern.

Also, when you use hauling animals they would eat your meals a lot when allowed to storages. Again, since many of them are smaller than humans, when they eat meals they waste nutrition, but not with pemmican. In fact, letting carnivores eat pemmican is the optimal choice. Kibble is awful with 125% nutrition efficiency. Even if you use hay instead of corn it would be on par with pemmican, not better. The only reason to use kibble is when you use some rancid meat (human or insect) and don't want to mix it with your food, but this is more a workaround for lack of control.

Got an escape pod. Refugee, right in the middle of treatment, decided to stand up and self-tend instead of letting a good doctor to work with medicine and on a medical bed.

After healing he decided to leave and hit four traps on his way. I guess "incapable of intellectual" was well deserved.

alfons100

And another minor thing that'd be a nice change, yeah, we get that barracks do not allow for privacy but people *really* do not like Barracks except when in a prison, come on it's not that bad you dumb pawns. The least thing  theBarracks could do, is to give immunity to 'Disturbed sleep' to make it desirable sometime.

cactusmeat

Quote from: NagashUD on July 15, 2018, 10:31:30 AM
Also now pawns sleep in wrong direction on the sleeping post

sammy is in full health and that appears to be a medical prisoner sleeping spot. he just happened to fall asleep there.

Oblitus

Why is every enemy so set on destroying any building that belongs to my faction? Insects, pirates, tribals, mechanoids... Not that I really complain, though - it stretches their forces thin, and they usually don't even react when I come to take them down until it is too late. And allows setting up traps using furniture as bait.

Broken Reality

Quote from: Oblitus on July 15, 2018, 12:36:51 PM
Why is every enemy so set on destroying any building that belongs to my faction? Insects, pirates, tribals, mechanoids... Not that I really complain, though - it stretches their forces thin, and they usually don't even react when I come to take them down until it is too late. And allows setting up traps using furniture as bait.

I've noticed this a lot as well. I've had raiders walk past my base to attack a structure I built to take on a psychic ship. I think it is possibly due to the changes to make killboxes less viable. I've seen  raiders start attacking random parts of my wall and I have one side of my base left open so they can attack my crops (this is bait as the river slows them hugely it's like shooting fish in a barrel) I've gone back to building multiple doors spaced along my walls to deal with the random raiders makes breaking raids easier if you only fight raiders one or two at a time.

Oblitus

IEDs have "wild animals would avoid this" in the description, while deadfall traps don't. Yet it looks like there is no actual AI difference. Animals only trigger all of them when in manhunter state.