Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Am I only one with OCD who can't look at it?

Another caravan attempt. 2 pawns. One got plague, another got mechanites.

I have 5 pack animals and 44/347 kg, why carried pawn slows caravan down that much?

[attachment deleted due to age]

5thHorseman

Quote from: Oblitus on July 14, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
Probably.  I can't even see it.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Oblitus

Quote from: 5thHorseman on July 14, 2018, 10:44:25 PM
Probably.  I can't even see it.
Irremovable stone trash on smoothed floor and contrast between smoothed and brick walls.

dritter

Hey, are manhunter animals supposed to attack closed doors when colonists get close to them now?

Orange_Mushroom

I don't know why it is.
when it began to rain or snow. It's looks bad texture.
can i fix it?

Ser Kitteh

Quote from: dritter on July 14, 2018, 11:25:59 PM
Hey, are manhunter animals supposed to attack closed doors when colonists get close to them now?

They've always done that. If they see you going through the door, they'll try to break it down.

JohnLG

Another caravan attempt. 2 pawns. One got plague, another got mechanites.

I have 5 pack animals and 44/347 kg, why carried pawn slows caravan down that much?

Yeah, I hate those too.  Luckily I think there's a mod somewhere that gets rid of the little debris looking pieces on smoothed stone.

Oblitus

I have no idea what is it, but it looks ugly.

[attachment deleted due to age]

EvadableMoxie

Had an interesting series of events in my current play-through.  I sent 2 soldiers off to get an item stash supposedly unguarded.  It had an ambush of 2 mechanoids. What I didn't like was the 'ambush' consisted of the game just spawning units in the open right in front of me.  Not there one second, there the next, just popped into existence.  That's kind of bullshit.  Not that mattered much as they had no chance given the equipment they had.  A few quadrums later I got a crashed ship part that put me up against 3 mechanoids for a colony of 7, and somehow I was expected to defeat 2 mechs with 2 colonists out on the road with no defense?

So, that was annoying but it's not the end.  After the second pawn got downed, it immediately kicked me out of the map and told me the caravan was lost.  I had assumed this meant the pawns were dead.  I got mood impacts that said 2 colonists were 'banished in such a way that they'd never survive.'  One of my colonists had a mood debuff because their friend died.  So, I assumed even though the map despawned with them down but not dead, that they'd be dead.

But no, a few days later I get a prison camp request from one of the pawns who was downed.  It wasn't just a new pawn with the same pre-genned named, it say he was formerly part of my colony and after rescuing him, he had the exact same stats and skills. Interestingly, all of his social was reset and considered everyone strangers again.  Also, while resucing him, one of my pawns shot him in the face as soon as the door opened, as apparently prisoners of a faction count as members of that faction, and since the faction is hostile, your pawns will automatically shoot the people you're trying to rescue.  That should probably be fixed.

Much later, at least a couple of in game years, I got another rescue mission for the second pawn and successfully rescued her, too.

So it seems like if a pawn is downed on a caravan, and the caravan is wiped out and the map despawns with them alive, the pawn is considered dead by the colony, but actually still alive in game and can pop up again.  I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but it could probably be handled in a way that's more consistent.  If the pawn is dead it's social shouldn't reset and I shouldn't have pawns getting debuffs saying that pawn died.

Also, it would be nice if those neigh on unwinnable away missions didn't happen, especially ones that instantly spawn enemies out of the blue on top of you.

zizard

Hello, I found it annoying that insect meat was not separately counted in the butcher do until bills (at least I could not find any other way). Often I want to keep some stock of insect meat and some stock of regular meat, but rarely do I want to keep a combined stock number. This feature was already in the "Butchers Can Count Meat" mod. I presume it would also help to separate human meat.

Injured Muffalo

Quote from: Orange_Mushroom on July 14, 2018, 11:42:54 PM

I don't know why it is.
when it began to rain or snow. It's looks bad texture.
can i fix it?

Ah yeah, I saw that. Wasn't sure if it was extra zoom in 1.0 or if it was always like that or what, but it sure stands out, blurry and pixelated.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Sirinox

Quote from: zizard on July 15, 2018, 01:39:09 AM
Hello, I found it annoying that insect meat was not separately counted in the butcher do until bills (at least I could not find any other way). Often I want to keep some stock of insect meat and some stock of regular meat, but rarely do I want to keep a combined stock number. This feature was already in the "Butchers Can Count Meat" mod. I presume it would also help to separate human meat.

For now there is a workaround for it with different stockpiles for both types of meat and "count only in X stockpile" setting in butcher's bill.

But yes, it'd be great to have it the way you suggested.

zizard

Quote from: Sirinox on July 15, 2018, 03:39:22 AM
For now there is a workaround for it with different stockpiles for both types of meat and "count only in X stockpile" setting in butcher's bill.

But yes, it'd be great to have it the way you suggested.

Acutally I checked for "count only in X stockpile" and couldn't find it.

robno

When colonists have hypothermia, I think they should wait longer in the safe temperature. This saves having to manually keep them there until they're only shivering or better.

Also, there was a problem where the colonist went to the safe temperature, but when he opened the door it became unsafe as the room had cooled, so he went to another room, but the same kept happening. He should have waited in the room for a bit longer until it became safe again.

5thHorseman

Quote from: robno on July 15, 2018, 03:58:57 AM
When colonists have hypothermia, I think they should wait longer in the safe temperature.
Likewise when it's 130F outside take off your frickin' parka. The apparel tab is a list of allowed things, not a list of required things. I have to every summer remember (by being told someone has heat stroke) to remove parkas from outfits, and every winter (by being told colonists need warm clothing) to put them back in.

At least give us a "too warm clothing" warning for summer.

"Summer temperatures are expected to reach over 100 degrees. You may want to tell your moron colonists it's okay to stop wearing muffalo parkas."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.