Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Yeah as someone said before, would be nice to have meats done same way leathers are now. Its essentially the same thing, save for human meat and insect meat which give moodlets. So it'd be good if we could just have 3 kinds - meat, human flesh and insect meat. That would hugely help freezer cluttering for sure.

Dashthechinchilla

I like the way armor completely deflects a shot now. I didn't notice if there was any knockback on an armor block but it might be a good balance. Even a blocked bullet imparts kinetic energy.

I got to experience the new scythers. I opened a vault and found a blade and lancer inside. The blade immediately tried to chase down my colonists and died. The lancer just hung out in the vault, even when I popped in and shot it. Eventually I sent my colonists to bed and dealt with it in the morning.

gillsminnow

I think stack sizes need to be bigger. 75 is way too low I think.

klun

Gotta play some more when Im back for work but so far

Im loving the armor reflection
Allys factions
graphics looks cleaner
Some mental debuff looks like they are stacking(im gonna double check )

Overall feels like a solid 1.0 update,  any plans for after you complete/launch ships going back to world selection or perhaps another random world generated for a  somekind of endless mode?

ZorbaTHut

Quote from: Nightinggale on June 17, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
Obvious solution: Move the loop to a new method.

Done. I've actually function-ized a lot of things in that function, both for readability reasons and for modability reasons. Let me know if this doesn't do the job, but I think it will.

Quote from: Nightinggale on June 17, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
To be completely honest, I kind of like the old approach better. Now all files are merged into one and then the patches are applied one by one. In B18, all patches are applied to each file and then the patched files are merged. While it may be slower, the file by file approach provides the modname and filename of the file being patched and ModCheck reads that with Harmony. Not only can this be included in error messages, it can also be used actively by PatchOperation.

In general, I think you might be the exception here; most modders weren't doing anything of that sort, and we kinda have to cater to the common case over the uncommon case.

However, as part of the unified XML generation, we also generate a big dictionary from XmlNode to mod information, and that can be used to figure out which XmlNodes are part of what mod or file. I've made sure this dictionary is passed into the new ApplyPatches() function; we're not using it for any of our own functionality, but it's available for any optimizations you want to make with it.

Edit: This will be in the next build, unless Tynan is doing a build right now (he might be), in which case it'll be in the build after the next build.

Revshawn

I think that it would be best for in the finished version for us to know the skills and traits of those we are taking in when an event like "Refugee chased" or "Call for help" hits and scale the colonists to be worth it. As a small colony you have to turn down everyone because it's just not worth the risk of getting someone with an addition, non-violent, or a wimp.

Vito1189

Greetings uncle Tynnan,i have 1 question:
Will i lose my unstable savegames when 1.0 will be done?
Call me Clap

ashaffee

** I'm gonna stop updating this post now *** It is probably way to buried now to be read.

3rd Attempt at Cassandra extreme naked. Temperate forest 40/60. Map type small hills, ancient asphalt roads and huge river. I'll list bugs on top, things that felt strange in the middle and story on bottom. I'll condense story a lot more this time. This post will be updated until they die.

Bugs:
(Maybe) Colonist will path through river water when hunting. They path around water when they already got the wet debuff even if there is a ridiculously shorter path.

Strange: Can't toggle off things that need refueling. Making me waste trips or deconstruct them.
-Watermill... I love it soo much but it is brokenly op. Constant 1400 volts in a very compact space. I see no reason to ever build a windmill. Maybe solar panels when I need to power turrets.
-Quality of escaped refugees way better. I extremely extremely approve.

Backstory

Huge river came with a nice bridge from the road. Goal is to use no kill box at all but walls in attempt to funnel them into the river to attack. Wander joined on 14th day, incapable of violence...

15th day in first raid vs a single guy with a gun. Turkey goes man hunter at same time. Resulting in an infection from wounds.

Second raid and a boar and alpaca self tamed between days 20-23.  Meteorite landed on my house after I finally got one built...

Day 43 Accepted a escaped prisoner, super good guy. Turned out to be 8 really well armed guys. 1 incendiary launcher. My machine gun pistols gave me the ability to fire a round and hide before getting shot. They hit 3 traps I laid in cover spots around corners eventually. That was the most fun fight I've ever had in rimworld. Shortly after the fight toxic fallout... Most annoying event in game.

Day 46 small weak raid of 7. Died before touching me.

Day 48 I did my first rescue colony caravan trip. 1 gun scyther. Got really lucky and scyther missed 4 shots before dieing. The person I rescued was good enough to be useful but gained two infections. That barely barely got ahead before getting home.  Personally I think the risk reward of the entire situation was perfect.

Day 55 Raid, I thought it was 5 but turns out to be like 10-14 people in 3 different groups (tribals). They came from two different corners of the map. Really threw me off but it was successful with very minor injuries.

Day 60(day my last attempt failed) All essentials to a productive base are built (hospital, prisoner, barn, dining/rec ect). 8 chickens joined randomly. Moods are through the roof and now I am just scrambling to think of improvements.

Day 65 - 20-30 boomrat manhunter pack attack. Able to kill them with minmal damage to base. Colonist sustained moderate damage. This event probably would of ended the campain for people not ready for extreme difficulty. It was also at least 3 times harder to deal with than raids.

Day 69 raiders very weak (4 with daggers and the 2 with guns were awful quality). Died so fast without even needing much strategy...

Day 77 Raider group of 8 very well armed. Shotguns, grenades, lauchers. 1 colonist went cadontonic prior because loosing her lover that died in a world quest I failed to complete >.>. I thought I was doomed but the grenader accidently injuried a lot of his men. Won it without any major injuries and captured my first prisoner.

AchooBlessYou

My temperate forest maps are having a hard time keeping grass around. I've also noticed that the grass is less dense at the start of the game. I reverted back to .18 and generated a temperate forest map and almost every tile had grass. In 1.0 grass is very sparse at the start and is quickly eaten.

Yoshida Keiji

Just got a "Chased Refugee" who is an "Exotic Chef"...only that he doesn't cook... ... ...

YoruOokami

I'd have to agree combining all meats together would be a good idea, though not in the same simplistic way others are saying of just meat, human flesh and insect meat.
Instead, I'd say that combining meat from rodents into rodent flesh, beast flesh (Warg, Wolf, Dog, Cat/Big cats etc) into one, Cattle flesh (Cows, Pigs, Muffalo etc) into one and Avian flesh (Chicken etc) into one is a better idea, I think that just having animal flesh is too simple and boring for a game like this but thats just my opinion.
(Thrumbo meat (Its own unique type, maybe with a unique texture?) could be a higher mood buff like +5 because its so hard and rare to get?)

Taking that further, you could attach different thoughts to eating each raw/cooked (Cattle flesh/Avian flesh giving a slight increase (+2), beast flesh being neutral (0) and rodent flesh giving a slight decrease (-2) to thoughts. Human flesh and Insect flesh could/would remain the same.

Hope that's of some use to you guys and girls on the dev team :)

(Editted to add something I just thought of after sending)

GabMSouza

Tynan, you're the best developer! I'm speechless

:) :)

Ser Kitteh

Healroot now takes 10 days instead of 15. I find this more reasonable, as those 30 meds would last a considerable time and allow herbal meds to be grown. I appreciate the change. :)

EDIT: Okay I just found out that Glitterworld meds have become Ultratech meds. I am not a fan. Glittertech meds, sure. Glitter meds, also fine. Just don't get rid of the Glitter! It's such a Rimworld thing! When I see Glitter, I think Rimworld because of its connotations. So please, keep the Glitter name.

EDIT2: Forbid command doesn't work on structures, so I can't build a ton of walls and use forbid to hold it off. Please allow not yet to build things be forbidable.

kraftwerkd

Similar to Yoshidas post, I recently got a "shooting frenzy" inspiration for a pawn who ironically has very little shooting skill.  That I find a little odd, shouldn't inspirations affect already established skills, i.e. 6 with a flame?  I feel like just ignoring the inspiration because the skill is so low.

Dargaron

Since Mr. Tynan asked for feedback on Recreation:

My colonist (I'm starting with one: although not the new scenario, because that's too rough!) doesn't want to do Solitary Relaxation after I build a Horseshoe Pin, even if his tolerance for Gaming is at 70%+ and his tolerance for Solitary Relaxation is at 20%. He'll still use the Horseshoe Pin, and if I uninstall the pin, he'd rather go work than meditate or pray, despite the fact that he's currently set to "Anything" and he's completely "Recreation-starved." I have a climate controlled bedroom for him, so temperature shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Even while his schedule is set to Recreation, my dude still refuses to pray/meditate.

Could we get a means to designate a spot for our colonists to pray/meditate? Maybe with an upgrade to a leather/cloth "Relaxation Mat"?