Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Some colonists just don't do praying/meditation, but going for walks and cloudwatching fulfill the same recreation type.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dargaron

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Is there an easy way to tell beforehand that a colonist won't meditate/pray? Because that's a pretty severe debuff: it's a lot easier to heat an indoor space than to get better clothing.

Lech

I saw that monkeys have advanced trainability, but can't haul. Could we get another line, that would tell us about usefulness of animal, instead of it's intelligence? And still can't set all pawns to area 1 with one click.

Ser Kitteh

There has always been an issue with Colonists preferring horseshoes (or hoopstones for tribals) instead of chest, TV or poker. I think this is a long time bug instead of a new thing. I think it would be best if Colonists preferred or are able to time chess/poker sessions more accurately.

Oblitus

Quote from: YoruOokami on June 18, 2018, 09:10:58 PM
I'd have to agree combining all meats together would be a good idea, though not in the same simplistic way others are saying of just meat, human flesh and insect meat.
Instead, I'd say that combining meat from rodents into rodent flesh, beast flesh (Warg, Wolf, Dog, Cat/Big cats etc) into one, Cattle flesh (Cows, Pigs, Muffalo etc) into one and Avian flesh (Chicken etc) into one is a better idea, I think that just having animal flesh is too simple and boring for a game like this but thats just my opinion.
(Thrumbo meat (Its own unique type, maybe with a unique texture?) could be a higher mood buff like +5 because its so hard and rare to get?)

Taking that further, you could attach different thoughts to eating each raw/cooked (Cattle flesh/Avian flesh giving a slight increase (+2), beast flesh being neutral (0) and rodent flesh giving a slight decrease (-2) to thoughts. Human flesh and Insect flesh could/would remain the same.

Hope that's of some use to you guys and girls on the dev team :)

(Editted to add something I just thought of after sending)
Overcomplication does not necessarily make something better. There are three meat categories already (neutral meat, rancid/insect meat and tabooed/human meat) and that is enough. Merging them changes nothing except saving storage space.

Ser Kitteh

Winter rolls around.

My Freezer is filled with potatoes.

And every. single. creature. came inside and ate almost half of it.

Before they just left, but seeing every boomalope laser running to my freezer? That's bad.

Mihsan

Number of falling ship chunks feels off.

I wanted to keep my tribal colony on medieval tech level... it is day #108 and I got 145 components just from dismantling ship chunks (not counting ~20 components that I lost in some incident). Isn't it too much?
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Mehni

Quote--Rice, strawberries, healroot, corn, cotton min fertility 50% -> 100%.

This doesn't accurately reflect the current state. PlantBase has a fertilityMin of 70% (as does Corn, explicitly and redundantly), but no plant has a minimum fertility requirement higher than that.

Minor nitpick aside, this is a good release! My favourite QoL enhancements include the re-ordering of colonists portraits, paintables and cycling through alerts. I've wanted that last one since forever!

EDIT:

What's up with pawns using their ranged weapons in fist fights? They actively fire their guns, even when told to melee attack. Intentional or bug?

Syrchalis

Quote from: Mehni on June 19, 2018, 05:23:24 AM
Quote--Rice, strawberries, healroot, corn, cotton min fertility 50% -> 100%.

This doesn't accurately reflect the current state. PlantBase has a fertilityMin of 70% (as does Corn, explicitly and redundantly), but no plant has a minimum fertility requirement higher than that.
I was already wondering about that one, it seemed odd.

In general what is written in the patch notes seems really good. The bigger changes I cannot really judge yet, but the QoL stuff includes many things I have in my game via mods in B18, or things that annoyed me because there is no mod for it. Examples: Smoothing walls (mod exists), Opportunistic hauling (mod exists, but I used different ones), doctors draw medicine from the same stack (GOD WAS THAT ANNOYING).
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

ashaffee

Quote from: Mihsan on June 19, 2018, 05:16:11 AM
Number of falling ship chunks feels off.

I wanted to keep my tribal colony on medieval tech level... it is day #108 and I got 145 components just from dismantling ship chunks (not counting ~20 components that I lost in some incident). Isn't it too much?

For the rest of us that want to be the bionic overlords components don't come fast enough. I think the chunks are fair atm and for your type of gameplay they should just be seen as a thing to sell for wealth.

Soggy Noodle

While trying to update one of my mods i came across the fact TexPath was changed to TexturePath so i did a solution wide swap for those 2 nodes. now it tells me some texpaths are empty or null, which is true because i changed them all. is there a reason that not all Defs use TexturePath now or is it an actuall bug because you forgot to take out some of the texpaths?
me heathen

Tekuki

Quote from: Tynan
--Shield belt cost (3x component, 60x plasteel, 5x uranium ) -> (2x component, 50x steel, 10x plasteel). Production time to 50% of current.

If it doesn't need uranium anymore why does it now require 10 uranium to build now, was there a typo /bugor was this part unintended. The recipe for it rn is 2 component, 50steel, 20 platsteel and 10uranium

eleniatari

I have two problems with the new build playing without any mods. I forgot the second because it must not be important, the first though has been severely bothering me.

It takes freaking forever to smooth a wall now. Two pawns with 6 construction, one smoothing walls and one smoothing the floor. The floor of a 6x6 room is done before the second, SECOND wall is 1/3 of the way done. I love smoothing walls and making bases in mountains and hills but this is obscene, when it is faster to remove it all and rebuild it.

Edit* I remembered the second, it took me 4 days to build a wood door to a base because an ibex kept walking through it.

Flacwby

Is there a section with the 1.0 unstable patch notes? I see we're on 1.0.1939 and it's helpful to verify items on the patch notes are indeed fixed or working as desired.

Dolphinizer

Just lost a playthrough on Cassandra rough, lost a colony in a temperate plains biome.

From the very beginning I had a colonist with a high animals skill so I figured i'd try to build an army of animals to defend myself. Unfortunately having one colonist out of three tied up managing animals constantly caused a massive labour shortage in my colony. There were constantly things needing to be done and never enough hands to do them. Eventually this labour shortage led to serious morale problems, after a harsh raid in which every colonist was wounded one of my pawns snapped and decided to murder my best pawn, we grouped up by the doorway and beat her when she came in, but unfortunately the scuffle ended up with two of my pawns developing infections, effectively putting them both out of play as they had to bed rest in hopes of surviving the infection. This further compounded the labour storage and soon my potatoes were ready to harvest, but there was no one to harvest them, no one was cutting wood to build anything because everyone was busy with other vital tasks and my beastmaster seemed to prioritize taming wild animals over tame ones so I simply ended up with an army of untrained useless muffalo, alpaca and boar. Eventually a raid came, about 6 raiders armed to the teeth with SMGs and the like. My colonists, comparatively were armed with nothing but survival rifles, pistols and knives. My best fighter was out of play due to food poisoning so it was up to my brawler and another colonist to repel the army. Needless to say it went horribly, my brawler positioned herself behind the herd of sleeping animals and attempted to use them as a distraction, when the firing started they ran in every direction, and while they did successfully manage to draw some fire the herd never attacked as my beastmaster never trained any of them. The raiders were simply too well equipped for my colonists to fight, especially with our best fighter unconscious in bed. They downed every animal in the colony and kidnapped 2 colonists, leaving only one colonist, sick in bed and starving because of his gut worms.