Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mndfreeze

I just had lightning hit my brand new field of devilstrand, and half my colony get burned because they wont fight the fire, just stand in it.  This is an alt-f4 kind of moment. lulz.

Sirsir

In the 5th option in the dev commands, select Explosion (extinguisher)

Issues like this, and the 9999 scar thing, are why dev mode exists!

mndfreeze

Quote from: Sirsir on July 13, 2018, 10:24:26 AM
In the 5th option in the dev commands, select Explosion (extinguisher)

Issues like this, and the 9999 scar thing, are why dev mode exists!

I've only used the dev mode once, just the other day, to see how healing worked.  I didn't think to look for one to put out a fire.  Tynan made a comment a little bit back in response to someone reporting this same issue but wih combat and said he's looking at it so hopefully a bugfix will pop out shortly.  If not I guess I'll be devmoding it up for a bit to play.

Tynan

Looks like build is bugged, Ison is fixing it. I'm reverting for now and will push a fixed build as soon as it's ready. ETA 30-120 minutes.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Tynan on July 13, 2018, 10:41:02 AM
Looks like build is bugged, Ison is fixing it. I'm reverting for now and will push a fixed build as soon as it's ready. ETA 30-120 minutes.

Is that fixing the firefighting bug?

Tynan

Yeah.

Should be faster than I thought, done in 5-10 (was already fixed, just had to include the fix).

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Tynan on July 13, 2018, 10:50:53 AM
Yeah.

Should be faster than I thought, done in 5-10 (was already fixed, just had to include the fix).

Awesome, thanks!

SpaceDorf

I have my first Toxic Fallout 1.0 and the animals being rotten as soon as they die from toxic fallout is an interesting change.

So I rescued some animals to kill them inside, before they die of toxic fallout. Still the body of the animal  startet rotting right away.
Is this supposed to happen because of the toxic buildup ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Tynan

[quote author=mndfreeze link=topic=41766.msg418288#msg418288
Tynan I'm still having issues with people dying from things before it hits 100 when I'm beating it and treatment is occuring. First it was the infection I posted a few pages back, now its plague.
[/quote]

I need a savegame from just before this happens, can you or anyone else supply one?

Thanks.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 13, 2018, 10:51:42 AM
I have my first Toxic Fallout 1.0 and the animals being rotten as soon as they die from toxic fallout is an interesting change.

So I rescued some animals to kill them inside, before they die of toxic fallout. Still the body of the animal  startet rotting right away.
Is this supposed to happen because of the toxic buildup ?

If so, I think that is a great change. The toxic fallout event was almost a boon rather than a hindrance with the free meat supply.

fecalfrown

Quote from: Tynan on July 13, 2018, 06:49:16 AM

I reworked adaptation system (formerly known as ramp-up) completely; it largely revolves around giving some breathing room after heavy losses to make recovery possible. Trying not to make the effect too extreme though. It should nudge, not dominate the numbers. Anyway, the raw data graph is available and I'd love to see any that anyone can post (ideally started from a new game after this build). There's also a "fun points" :D graph that goes with it.

At work and unable to play right now, so I guess this goes against the rules of 'no theorycrafting' - but the wording here is a little concerning to me. I was under the impression that 'breathing room' should be governed by the storyteller, not the ramp-up/adaptation factor. I typically play Randy extreme permadeath, and the fun is managing the insanity: My current game had a sapper raid that broke through the outer wall, downed 1-2 of my pawns, and THEN a scyther group dropped directly on my base. It was a 3 way battle royale I somehow came away from victorious.

My question would be: If every story teller will now gives me breathing room, would that scyther raid never have happened? Would it have been neutered?

Namsan

Small feedback.

Why I can't just use drop pods when I send things that needed in trade request quest?
I just wanted to send things with drop pods, But I can only "gift" things to them, and it only increases friendship, so it's not trade.
It seems I must send pawns(with things) to complete trade request quest.
It's bit weird.

EDIT:Grammar fix
Hello

cactusmeat

tribal camps couldn't send their half the trade back with drop pods, but others should be able to

Lanilor

Quote from: Tynan on July 13, 2018, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: mndfreeze link=topic=41766.msg418288#msg418288
Tynan I'm still having issues with people dying from things before it hits 100 when I'm beating it and treatment is occuring. First it was the infection I posted a few pages back, now its plague.

I need a savegame from just before this happens, can you or anyone else supply one?

Thanks.

I had to deal with people having this problem a few times on the discord. It's usually that a vital body part efficiency hits 0% and they die because of that. Maybe a better message to make this clearer would help people understanding the death reason.
I obviously can't say there is no bug, just that it often is a normal gameplay effect.

jchavezriva

Is it intended for insects to attack the colony if a deadfall trap is triggered? Because i left plenty of those around the map but insects have gone far away from their original hive and now they are getting aggroed for this...

Changing their behaviour so that they wont attack us anymore because of roof colapse was a great move, but it should also apply to deadfall traps since no human is around and they cant figure that the colony is involved.

They are already too strong with the rework of bullets drastically reducing bleed chance. If they also have an excuse to assault the colony all the time then they will always be game breaking.