Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogthinker

Randy, Merciless, Flat temperate river, 233 days in. ~5 hours recently.

I like sending out caravans, but discovered recently that after approximately (I wasn't keeping track) a quadrum the nearby settlements haven't restocked (not even 1 silver.) This feels a bit awkward, as I really don't want to invest in the time and risk of sending out a caravan if I can't actually trade.

It'd be nice if there was some signal to the player when nearby colonies had restocked (or make it a gradual process.)

Quote from: Tass237 on August 09, 2018, 03:20:01 PM
Counterpoint, but unless you have Greedy, Jealous, or Ascetic colonists to worry about, why do the room assignments matter?

Lovers. It's pointless micromanagement having to reassign them to a double bed when one or both return.

It seems almost trivial to fix (just don't automatically unassign the bed in the first place. If the player urgent needed the bed for something, it's very easy to manually reassign it.)

Nynzal

Quote from: xion1088 on August 09, 2018, 11:39:49 PM
What's up with people talking about animals and meat? Did something about that? Haven't played recently so I'm worried about this meat talk, can somebody give me a quick resume or tell what's the matter? Thanks.

Check out the thread in this forum "getting a handle on the meat" ;)
Winter is coming

trezor

I think I found a bug in the most recent version 0.19.?

A gay pawn (Toni) successfully managed to romance a non-gay pawn (Guts). I found this to be funny (obviously I believe this could happen in RL ;-), so I took a look at the messages.

The messages are correct from the perspective of Toni
"Toni tried to romance Guys by..."

But from the perspective of Guts they look weird:
"Toni tried to romance Toni by..."

Attaching a screenshot

[attachment deleted due to age]

shentino

Big kudos for the wildlife tab.  This saved my ass when all my crops froze right before a raider torched my refrigerator.

cloudchild

It seems that unsmoothed stone floors don't generate dirt or trash from animals/colonists. I had a room in my colony that only had this floor type and I never had to clean it and the room had a cleanliness rating of 0. Made an excellent kitchen but seemed like it is unintended. Haven't tested it on multiple rooms yet so maybe I was just getting lucky.

Also on an unrelated note it seems that animals ai pathing is bugged when near walls. I shot some rhinos near my perimeter wall and they just kept running to north and south side of my wall taking an extremely long run, always going back to around where I shot them from, this happened until I finally was able to down them.

dogthinker

Randy, Merciless, Flat temperate river, 240 days in. ~10 hours recently.

A colonist was fatally shot in the heart while out raiding an outpost. Back home, his three bonded dogs instantly went beserk/manhunter (even though they're not even on the same map.)

This means I now have to try to play out two fights simultaneously, on completely different maps... While I enjoy the combat in this game, trying to keep track of two fights at the same time isn't really fun, to me. (Split screen might make it at least plausible... But it's probably better just to prevent it occurring in the first place.)

Razzoriel

Is anyone having a lot of corrupted saves? This is the third save I have corrupted because of shenanigans. Makes Commitment Mode kind of moot.

ticket

Quote from: cloudchild on August 10, 2018, 11:22:51 AM
It seems that unsmoothed stone floors don't generate dirt or trash from animals/colonists. I had a room in my colony that only had this floor type and I never had to clean it and the room had a cleanliness rating of 0. Made an excellent kitchen but seemed like it is unintended. Haven't tested it on multiple rooms yet so maybe I was just getting lucky.

I think you were just getting lucky. Trash/dirt definitely comes up on smoothed stone floors for me.

SchizoidCrow

Storyteller: Randy
Difficulty: Savage
Biome/hilliness: Temperate Forest/Mountainous
Commitment mode: Nope
Current colony age (days):  374
Hours played in the last 2 days: ~10
Complete mod list: Progress Renderer.

IEDs are fun.

I'm still waiting for a sapper raid to see how they react to my defenses, but no luck so far.

I'm afraid they might be too easily accessible though, perhaps increasing a tiny bit the chemfuel cost of the shells would be fair? The chemfuel has not been a limiting factor for me since it's easy to get and not used in many things. And speaking of chemfuel, I was thinking it would be cool if maybe the biofuel refinery, the crematorium, and the infinite chemreactor produced heat, like a torch lamp.

Aerial

Quote from: ticket on August 10, 2018, 12:23:18 PM
Quote from: cloudchild on August 10, 2018, 11:22:51 AM

I think you were just getting lucky. Trash/dirt definitely comes up on smoothed stone floors for me.

Smooth stone floors accumulate dirt.  I believe un-smoothed stone floors do not, which is what the original post was about.  I have used this as a way to keep a clean kitchen during the early game when food poisoning was tuned really high, but it feels cheaty.

SchizoidCrow

The 'Caravan ambushed (manhunters)' event does not pause the game when the 'Pause on urgent letter' option is on.

Broken Reality

Quote from: Razzoriel on August 10, 2018, 12:19:10 PM
Is anyone having a lot of corrupted saves? This is the third save I have corrupted because of shenanigans. Makes Commitment Mode kind of moot.

Not so far in 1.0 but save corruption is why I don't use commitment mode. Are you using any mods? Or running a colony over several patches? Both could be the cause of it.

bbqftw

Year 5 cas/merci/commit/noob biome

After a day of thinking, I realized that my primary problem with the crashes was occuring from letting tribals fire their weapons. Now normally we are taught in rimworld school that letting enemies fire (at least at our pawns) is unacceptable, so it came to mind that we had a "souvenirs pile" that might possibly be useful for executing this raid from the start.

Result was deliciously un-laggy:

And now instead of buying stuff like bionics that will increase my raid strength, I can wealth control by investing in weapons of mass destruction inc. Everyone wins.

Doomsday takes care of the corpses too. Its great, would highly recommend. Tribal overflow parking was getting a bit too full anyways:

Awe

Cassy/Savage/Cold bog/Flat/342

Just got 120 man pirate trash raid. And im only at 530k wealth with 15 pawns. :-\ Am i really supposed to beat this in a fair fight? :-\

[attachment deleted due to age]

warrri

Cassandra merciless naked brutality
First year
That seems a bit ridiculous op.
Then second year

Impossible one. Imho the rewards should be toned down a bit, but the requirements should be realistic..