[MOD] (Alpha 6) Meteorite ModA6 1.0

Started by Jerethi50, June 20, 2014, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerethi50

Meteorite Mod

This mod takes Ominous's Quarry mod (OUTDATED) found here and changes it into something else entirely, At the start of a new game your map will generate with Mineable Meteorite of various types scattered across the map, Stone, Mineral, Silver, and Uranium, There will be more stone and mineral than silver or uranium. There is also a chance for an incident to occur that sends a meteorite crashing down from space, with a random chance for what type it will be, 40% for stone, 30% for mineral 20% for silver and 10% for Uranium. This meteorite may start a small fire from crashing into the ground after reentry. I have changed all Id's and names about this mod, so it should be compatible with Ominus's Quarry mod if he ever brings it up to date.

Nexus Download Link!
Download A6 1.0

CHANGELOG:
A6 1.0: Updated to Alpha 6, Fixed meteors not being mine able after falling.
1.2: New Textures, Animated meteor strikes, Nasty but rare meteor showers, nuff said.
1.1: Updated to Alpha 5, Renamed to Meteorite Mod, Renamed boulders to meteorite
1.0: Released

MrDecay

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Jerethi50

1.1: Updated to Alpha 5, Renamed to Meteorite Mod, Renamed boulders to meteorite

Orreborreman

Sorry for dumb question, I'm quite sure it's that way, but, does these meteorites destroy your buildings if hit?
(I'm not looking for more ways to die, pirates are more than enough for me)

Jerethi50

Quote from: Orreborreman on July 12, 2014, 08:35:54 AM
Sorry for dumb question, I'm quite sure it's that way, but, does these meteorites destroy your buildings if hit?
(I'm not looking for more ways to die, pirates are more than enough for me)
hah, I don't know honestly, I have never had one directly hit any buildings, I imagine it may destroy the one tile it hits, and it may set fire to a few tiles around it, but your colonists should be able to put it out assuming it isn't somewhere very inconvenient

Ominus

WTF MAN!? YOU TAKE MY QUARRY SPRITES JUST LIKE THAT!?  >:(
IM GOING TO SUE YOU! CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!  >:(

nah but seriusly, those look horrible as meteorites so here are some sprites that might fit better.  :P

Also you should be a bit more catious with just taking content from another mod without asking. Someone else might cause lots of noise over it. Personally I dont mind, especially if you ask, its not like my sprites are good lol. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ncraiders

I have had one land on a power conduit and destroy it but so far none have hit my buildings.

Killaim

suggestion :3

Meteor rain storm - random smack down everywhere! cause destruction! mayhem! gnashing of teeth! wailing of colonists

and of course the sudden influx of materials is nice to sooth the pain.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Killaim on July 22, 2014, 03:57:13 PM
suggestion :3

Meteor rain storm - random smack down everywhere! cause destruction! mayhem! gnashing of teeth! wailing of colonists

and of course the sudden influx of materials is nice to sooth the pain.

Interesting idea! I will consider it, Let your voices be heard guys, anyone who uses this mod should sound off on the idea, I dont wanna put something in thats going to make people quit using it.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Ominus on July 22, 2014, 01:17:06 PM
WTF MAN!? YOU TAKE MY QUARRY SPRITES JUST LIKE THAT!?  >:(
IM GOING TO SUE YOU! CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!  >:(

nah but seriusly, those look horrible as meteorites so here are some sprites that might fit better.  :P

Also you should be a bit more catious with just taking content from another mod without asking. Someone else might cause lots of noise over it. Personally I dont mind, especially if you ask, its not like my sprites are good lol. ;D

Holy crap I'm sorry man, I didn't know you were still active on the forums or i would have asked, I used your quarry mod as a base for this one, I hope that is OK.

Jerethi50

A little something i have been working on, Will be in the next release. LINK!!!

Jerethi50

The above is a youtube link showing a video of new meteore events, I have added (and will soon release) this version, meteors do more damage now, have a falling animation and sound (somewhat like droppods) and there is a new ultrarare event of a nasty meteor shower occuring, depicted in the video, Keep in mind that i may tweak things a bit before release.

forsaken1111

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 24, 2014, 07:27:47 PM
The above is a youtube link showing a video of new meteore events, I have added (and will soon release) this version, meteors do more damage now, have a falling animation and sound (somewhat like droppods) and there is a new ultrarare event of a nasty meteor shower occuring, depicted in the video, Keep in mind that i may tweak things a bit before release.
Pretty impressive! I would be in full on panic mode.

Now how about a meteor defense laser or something? :P

Jerethi50

1.2: New Textures, Animated meteor strikes, Nasty but rare meteor showers, nuff said.

RKumono

One issue. I've been noticing my colonists standing around, then they try to move and snap back to where they were, going to "Standing" status. They only give up on this when it's time to eat or sleep, or when I assign them high priority jobs nearby. I've traced this to the Meteorites--when one is in the queue to be mined. If it is a meteorite that was on the map at the map generation, they mine it just fine. However, any meteorite that 'fell' in gives this glitch. One fell into the center of my camp, and after they put out the fires, I set it to be mined to get it out of the way--and my miner just stands two squares away and wiggles--refusing to move as if he's stuck. As soon as I cancel the mine request on the meteorite, he heads off to the next closest job. Put the mine request back on, and when it's the closest job, he'll "wiggle" in place until it's time to sleep or eat.

Simply put--fallen meteorites cannot be mined--you've got a bug.
Using the latest All-in-One Mod Pack