Call for Alpha 5 testers (closed)

Started by Tynan, June 23, 2014, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niccoli00

I'd love to help out.  Just picked up the game, so I have a fresh perspective that may catch things that is old hat to others.

DarkGhost

Up to it over here.

Alpha and Beta tested several other games that I won't name to avoid advertising. Let's just say some were parts of large companies, and some weren't.

_alphaBeta_

Probably a little late for this Alpha release, but I'm willing to assist with this or future testing. I have an engineering background with extensive experience finding/reporting/testing/resolving software issues, have used/moderated/administered several bug trackers (including Mantis) and collaboration suites, and participated in alpha/beta testing of other games.

I own the game, and am always happy to help.

Moriarty

I'd like to put my name forward as a tester. I'm very eager to see the new content. I have 2-4 hours a day to play (more on weekends), and lately it seems like all I play is RimWorld anyways, so... As for experience, I've been playing video games for 28 years if that counts for anything, lol.

profit

I would be willing to be a tester.   I have been in many commercial beta's and alpha's and would probably be useful to have on the team.   I also have purchased the game already.

Tynan

Okay! A bunch more have been added as public testers, I hope you can test today's build.

Ty
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kalrirr

Quote from: Tynan on June 27, 2014, 12:15:31 PM
Okay! A bunch more have been added as public testers, I hope you can test today's build.

Ty

Have to say, it's rather de-morallising that someone who posts that they're under house arrest with no mention of previous experience and they are allowed in to public test but I'm not. :/

It would be awesome if you could be a bit more detailed about who exactly you are looking for Tiy! :)
My mind rebels in stagnation...

Tynan

It's Ty; Tiy is the guy who makes Starbound.

But, well, I've just decided to open it up for now, so I'll definitely bring you on.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

esotericist

If you still need more people, I've been working as a hobbyist programmer for the last 15 years, and have been involved with alpha through beta tests in various segments of the industry. I'm new to Rimworld, but it's already grabbed my interest far more firmly than anything else in its category of gameplay.

If you aren't, then I want to throw words of encouragement to everyone who did get involved. Testing for a game in development -- especially one in an alpha stage of completion -- can be frustrating, but for independent developers without a large staff volunteer testers are lifeblood.

Kalrirr

Quote from: Tynan on June 27, 2014, 03:00:08 PM
It's Ty; Tiy is the guy who makes Starbound.

But, well, I've just decided to open it up for now, so I'll definitely bring you on.

I feel like a derp now. Sorry Ty :(   But thanks! Time to no-life your game again with the intention of trying to break it ! :D
My mind rebels in stagnation...

theapolaustic1

So, full disclosure... Don't own the game yet myself. Money's too tight right now to be able to justify spending it on video games, sadly. But I've turned a couple of people onto the game and gotten them to buy it so... Doing my part there.

If you're willing despite that though, I would love to be able to help you bug squash. I almost never get into alphas unless I'm actually going to try to report bugs as I see them (and reproduce them ahead of time to report that as well, when possible), defeats the purpose of it being an alpha otherwise (betas at this point in the game industry are pre-release marketing, but back when they actually were betas I had the same policy :P ). I really like what you've been doing with the game so far (particularly how you've been focusing on making almost everything about it easy for modders), would love to be able to help you make it better.

Fully understand if you don't want to give a pre-release version of an update to someone who hasn't shelled out for the game proper yet, though, lol.

FailingGamer1

Id love to test alpha five for you Tynan, ive just got on my summer break so im free most days and will be on the forums almost all the time, I'll play the game for hours and report back what i like and dislike aswell as any problems if i find any