[0.19][WIP] ED-Excalibur_1.0.0.8 (2018-09-27)

Started by Jaxxa, July 10, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

1 such method I saw used to address somthing like this was have the research unlocked by using an item.  A example of this would be using a doomsday rocket launcher as the key to unlock the tech for crafting the doomsday launcher

You could have the initial communication with the Excalibur result in a drop pod with an item to activate to unlock the relevant tech.

B-18 mod Polaris block uses this method for its shield tech
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Jaxxa

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 24, 2018, 05:00:32 AM
1 such method I saw used to address somthing like this was have the research unlocked by using an item.  A example of this would be using a doomsday rocket launcher as the key to unlock the tech for crafting the doomsday launcher

You could have the initial communication with the Excalibur result in a drop pod with an item to activate to unlock the relevant tech.

B-18 mod Polaris block uses this method for its shield tech

Thanks I was initially using an item, I might have to gave another look at it.

Jaxxa

Just released a new update.

Main changes are Updates to Dialog, Research and Building Deployment systems, Stop OmniGel causing high wealth

Diedel

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 29, 2018, 01:58:51 AM
Just released a new update.

Main changes are Updates to Dialog, Research and Building Deployment systems, Stop OmniGel causing high wealth

Nice, giving it a try again.

Do i need to start a new colony with it or does the quest trigger at some point, as i am now a few hours in and nothing really has happened so far.

rawrfisher

You can add it to exsisting saves at any point.  The quest triggers when you get a coms console
Professional jerk

Diedel

Quote from: rawrfisher on July 29, 2018, 06:49:34 AM
You can add it to exsisting saves at any point.  The quest triggers when you get a coms console

I can only get the analyze signal to unlock, neither the quest nor fabrication will and i researched everything and build most stuff.

rawrfisher

I noticed that as well.  Not sure why its working that way tho
Professional jerk

Jaxxa

Thanks guys, It looks like there was an issue with the Transponder not unlocking correctly. I just put up version 1.0.0.2 that should work correctly now. After the research you should now unlock the Transponder building in the Security tab.

rawrfisher

Could you give me a rundown on how you changed the way sheilds work in here compaired to the ED sheilds mod?  Also can you make the heal sheild part of the main mod instead of waiting for it to be released as an addon?
Professional jerk

Jaxxa

What do you mean exactly by the Heal Shields and as an addon?

Mostly the basic idea of the shields is the same.
It works differently technically, but that part should not be noticeable except in better performance.

All the stats are still a work in progress but the idea is that you will only build one type of shield generator and then can build upgrades that you place next to it to enhance it. And then allow things like range to be modified from the tab panel.

Let me know what you think of it.

Diedel

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 29, 2018, 06:46:36 PM
Thanks guys, It looks like there was an issue with the Transponder not unlocking correctly. I just put up version 1.0.0.2 that should work correctly now. After the research you should now unlock the Transponder building in the Security tab.

Nice, trying that new one now. Just as a small thing, you named the last 2 versions ED-Embrasures_1.0.0.2.zip ;)

rawrfisher

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 29, 2018, 11:14:12 PM
What do you mean exactly by the Heal Shields and as an addon?

Mostly the basic idea of the shields is the same.
It works differently technically, but that part should not be noticeable except in better performance.

All the stats are still a work in progress but the idea is that you will only build one type of shield generator and then can build upgrades that you place next to it to enhance it. And then allow things like range to be modified from the tab panel.

Let me know what you think of it.

Compaired to the versions from 15 16 and 17 this one seems to be far less optimized.  I might be missing some details but I notice a massive CPU load increase as well as the constant log spam.  I keep log active at all times to watch for errors that crop up but I miss em in the spam of white text lines such as  Buildings: 0 and created projectile.

As for the healing sheild.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766186894&searchtext=Heal

This mod
Professional jerk

Jaxxa

Thanks, I will look into the log spam, sounds like I have some in progress logging left on accidentally. That is usually what tanks the framerate.
I also have some other various ideas for performance that I have not gotten around to implementing yet.

As far as HealShields go,I will think about adding something like that, but that mod specifically was made by someone else and just required my mod. Although with the personal shields that are included in the mod, healing fields might not be needed

Jaxxa

Quote from: Diedel on July 30, 2018, 01:10:03 AM

Nice, trying that new one now. Just as a small thing, you named the last 2 versions ED-Embrasures_1.0.0.2.zip ;)

Thanks, will fix that when I get Home.

Diedel

Quote from: Jaxxa on July 30, 2018, 01:43:41 AM
Quote from: Diedel on July 30, 2018, 01:10:03 AM

Thanks, will fix that when I get Home.

Ok, seem to work now, the transponder unlocks and is place able. I just got confused with the buttons on the transponders as i thought those are debug functions, due to the missing icon, but i guess i am supposed to click on them to progress, maybe another quest text after placing the transponder might help.

Update: Ok, the power worked, now i seem to be stuck on the metal part. I says to modify the transponder, no idea if that is flavor text as i can't seem to do anything. It also says to use the bill tab, but that is empty. I also checked the research and nothing new can be done, the quest is still locked and fabrication needs a bench i don't have as far as i can see. I tried just putting steel next to the transponder, but even though i can actually teleport that away, the counter never updates.