[1.0] Archotech Expanded

Started by teok25, July 17, 2018, 12:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teok25

Expands on the Archotech technologies introduced in 1.0
Direct Download: https://github.com/Teok25/Archotech-Expanded/releases/download/1.3/Archotech.Expanded.zip

Since the attatchments are now too big for the forum, here is the link to the Github releases page for the mod.
https://github.com/Teok25/Archotech-Expanded/releases
Steam Page:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442734859
Here's also the link to the normal Github Page.
https://github.com/Teok25/Archotech-Expanded
If there are any problems or suggestions that you would like to add, just comment below and I'll try to get around to it

What does this add specifically?
Adds these new implants into the game, randomly generated the same way any archotech item is:
Archotech Ears
Archotech Stomach
Archotech Liver
Archotech Kidneys
Archotech Lungs
Archotech Heart
Advanced Archotech Legs (See below)
Advanced Archotech Arms (See below)
Archotech Death Claw (See below)
Archotech Obliterator (See Below
Archotech Brain Melder (See below)

It also adds 3 new materials:

• Nanomachines: The nanomachines are the lowest tier of all the new materials, but are considerably stronger than the strongest material currently in the game. It will be used in future recipes along with the other two materials. It can currently be used as both a fabric and a material, being able to be used as clothing as well as walls or flooring. Even longswords or clubs can be made out of this material, and recieve a boost to their melee stats as such.
  • Picomachines: Picomachines are smaller than nanomachines, and thus in the lore of this game are better than nanomachines. They also can be used for all sorts of recipes, like flooring, walls, weapons or clothing. Picomachines will be used for intermediate archotech products.
  • Attomachines: These are the smallest material, and are the most expensive. It also can be used for everything. It will be used for all advanced products and most extremely late game items, when I add them.

The bionics increase each part to it's archotech equivelant. I won't be adding noses or fingers and things like that, as I think Vanilla Bionics Expansion does a great job of doing that already, and I don't want to step on too many toes.

The Advanced Archotech Legs are a highly advanced version of the already highly advanced archotech legs. They are 4 times more expensive than regular ones, but also give a much higher mobility boost compared to the normal archotech legs.

The Advanced Archotech Arms do the same thing as the advanced legs do, but for arms.

While the Archotech Obliterator stat wise is lower in power and manipulation, it more than makes up for it in shear speed. The fist on this artificial arm is able to move at lightning quick speeds, allowing for a swift takedown of any enemy with a better chance of keeping them alive.

The Archotech Death Claw is a high powered Power claw, basically. For the Archotech. It's much more expensive than any other Archotech item as it serves as an archotech arm and a power claw simultaneosly.

The Archotech Brain Melder is a better pain stopper and joy giver. It increases conciousness, removes pain, gives joy and heals scars on the brain. It's incredibly useful for any situation. Have fun!

Also, these new materials can only be found in exotic traders and rewards from quests at the moment. I'll be adding ways of aquiring the materials without having to wait for the chance to find an exotic trader, but for now it's fine. It shouldn't affect your game in any major way, unless you cheat them in.

Resurak

Splendid mod, i'll give a try soon.

If later on you want to create a research and a method to produce these items... well it should not be easy to produce, at least 10x more difficult to produce bionics.

I don't know if there is already in the game but it would be nice to have a trader specialized in bionics/arcotech, in my opinion this is better than the research

P.s: Why there isn't a download link? xD

Very_Svensk

Hoy! Great mod but could you write out what each of these items Cost; E.G. Do you create an archotech leg from a bionic leg + materials or is it standalone

WereCat88

Am i retarded or is there no download link?
I am The Primal Mammelon

thisbloke

I must also be retarded. Because I can't find any download link.

Resurak

Guys how can you all be so retarded??

Just kidding xD there isn't a download link, no one is insane, @teok25 just forget to give us the HOLY download link.

If you see, it's his first post so keep calm and wait for him to fix THIS MADNESS THAT IS COMPLETELY SPREADING IN THIS... in this... oh wait, my demons... i should try to implement a beautiful *Archotech Brain Melder* soon!

So, dear @teok25, as you can see the people of rimworld are waiting for your HOLY download link!

Galvenox

just so you all know, it's available in steam workshop :P

Resurak

Quote from: Galvenox on July 17, 2018, 06:27:28 PM
just so you all know, it's available in steam workshop :P
Steam is for plebs, we want it here

teok25

Quote from: Resurak on July 17, 2018, 02:43:01 AM
Splendid mod, i'll give a try soon.

If later on you want to create a research and a method to produce these items... well it should not be easy to produce, at least 10x more difficult to produce bionics.

I don't know if there is already in the game but it would be nice to have a trader specialized in bionics/arcotech, in my opinion this is better than the research

P.s: Why there isn't a download link? xD
That's true! I was planning on having research be higher than spacer or at least on par with it, and the components to making even 1 archotech limb would be insanely difficult to get considering their strength. Also I have realized I forgot to add the actual mod so I've put it in as an attachment now. I'm very new to the forums so I don't know my way around yet :).

teok25

Quote from: Resurak on July 17, 2018, 03:19:02 PM
Guys how can you all be so retarded??

Just kidding xD there isn't a download link, no one is insane, @teok25 just forget to give us the HOLY download link.

If you see, it's his first post so keep calm and wait for him to fix THIS MADNESS THAT IS COMPLETELY SPREADING IN THIS... in this... oh wait, my demons... i should try to implement a beautiful *Archotech Brain Melder* soon!

So, dear @teok25, as you can see the people of rimworld are waiting for your HOLY download link!
Thanks for being so understanding. There's a download link now!

teok25

Quote from: Very_Svensk on July 17, 2018, 03:00:44 AM
Hoy! Great mod but could you write out what each of these items Cost; E.G. Do you create an archotech leg from a bionic leg + materials or is it standalone
Hi, at this point in time there is no way to create any of the archotech bionics. They are rewards from quests, and I'm hoping to add a trading caravan which houses these bionics. They are too powerful to create recipes for them, and I feel it also removes a level of lore from the game, since archotech is meant to be beyond the minds of humans. Eventually I'll make a separate mod that allows you to research and build archotech technologies, but at this point its not that high on my list. Thanks for commenting!

Resurak

...and they all lived happily forever!!

I will try this mod soon, gotta know how much powerful a pawn can be. Time to raid those raiders!

Resurak

QuoteThat's true! I was planning on having research be higher than spacer or at least on par with it, and the components to making even 1 archotech limb would be insanely difficult to get considering their strength.
Well, i've got an idea. Why not creating a new era, the Archotech era. Yeah yeah, i know that the balance have to be perfectly in line with the vanilla, but still it's a good idea.

For producing these items well, we could use the bionics/archotech counterparts plus plasteel, uranium or wait... why not an archotech alloy?? A sort of plasteel+uranium, very durable and strong but very difficult to make.

In my opinion, this can be a great addition to the game. Tell me if you like this idea, maybe i can help you. I've done some amateur mods for me, nothing special, but if it doesn't need C coding well I can do it

teok25

Quote from: Resurak on July 18, 2018, 08:01:36 AM
Well, i've got an idea. Why not creating a new era, the Archotech era. Yeah yeah, i know that the balance have to be perfectly in line with the vanilla, but still it's a good idea.

For producing these items well, we could use the bionics/archotech counterparts plus plasteel, uranium or wait... why not an archotech alloy?? A sort of plasteel+uranium, very durable and strong but very difficult to make.

In my opinion, this can be a great addition to the game. Tell me if you like this idea, maybe i can help you. I've done some amateur mods for me, nothing special, but if it doesn't need C coding well I can do it
I like the idea! I've been wanting to create a new material and researches for it, as I think it could be useful to also create archotech items outside of bionics, such as the vanometric power cell or infinite chemfuel generator. Maybe a set of weapons and armor, building material and the such? Obviously it would have to be an extremely late game thing but it would be useful. As for working together, I'm still trying to figure out how github and all that works at the moment so maybe in a week or two when I have some time off work

Resurak

Yes. Yes! YES!!!

That's what I have in mind, a whole new material, that can be used for construction, art, weapon and why not, fiber? Archotech fiber, damn that sounds so good right? Archotech flak vests, Archotech cannon, Archotech plants! Ok maybe not the plants xD

But, to keep it semi-balanced, we need to make it so hard to find, and when you find some core... thing/s, you can proceed (Ancient Archotech Core Fragment/s?). Like, for example, in order to research these Archotech items you need an item like the AI persona core and then when you have it make an archotech research bench. Yes I think there is a lot of work to do but for me these ideas are promising.

Yep getting a repository working on github the first time it's a little bit tricky, but it's very convenient to have it