[Mod Request] Rescuing Kidnapped Colonists/Escaping as Kidnapped Colonists

Started by AtonicX, August 07, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtonicX

So, recently I had a solo colonist get kidnapped, and I was kinda disappointed as I was just starting out and I lost within a few days. I wish there was a mod for scenarios like this where

A: Your colonist(s) can be rescued by surviving colonists, instead of just paying a ransom.

B: Your colonist(s) can be rescued by friendly factions, as a random chance, or maybe they get sold to another faction, and released.

C: Your colonist(s) can facilitate their own escapes, either as a random event or where you load into the map and stage your own prison break with other captured pawns.

Maybe it could be made harder by having a random chance for your colonist to be persuaded to join the faction that captured them?
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

Bolty

Yes this is something I've always wanted to do. You can already go and attack other colonies at it is, so it's quite surprising that you can't mount a daring effort to rescue kidnapped colonists.

5thHorseman

Quote from: AtonicX on August 07, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
A: Your colonist(s) can be rescued by surviving colonists, instead of just paying a ransom.
This is in the game. They get ahold of a radio and notify you of where they are and roughly how many enemies and turrets there are. Then you get x days to save them.

B: Your colonist(s) can be rescued by friendly factions, as a random chance, or maybe they get sold to another faction, and released.
This would be cool. Also cool, your old colonist just shows up one day in a trade caravan 'Oh hey these guys saved me and I joined them. Later!'
Or if you had several chances to save them and dind't bother, they're in the next raid as an enemy.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Bolty

Quote from: 5thHorseman on August 10, 2018, 10:12:46 PM
Quote from: AtonicX on August 07, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
This is in the game. They get ahold of a radio and notify you of where they are and roughly how many enemies and turrets there are. Then you get x days to save them.

This would be cool. Also cool, your old colonist just shows up one day in a trade caravan 'Oh hey these guys saved me and I joined them. Later!'
Or if you had several chances to save them and dind't bother, they're in the next raid as an enemy.

I actually didn't know that. I've never encountered it whilst I've been playing.