I have a dream: Building my slice of Rimworld

Started by dogui, August 10, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogui

Hi guys!
I am playing Rimworld since two years and wish to share with you this dream of mine. I hope Rimworld would a day in the future make us build up the planet, creating new roads connecting colonies and outposts. Or, whynot, huge walls or dams/channels/bridges.
In other words, in your opinion in the future how many maps will the game manage in the same time?
Imagine you have 2 colonies, 2 trade/militar/mining outposts and a dam. How would you set the interface? I suppose the actual way to play, manager your colony or manage your crew on the planet, should be abandoned. Maybe showing more boxes by which manage your buildings?

Any idea? I think map modification would be the future, approaching a little Rimworld to Civilization saga. If anyone out there reading my post is a bit older, I am thirty... well Rimworld could be the first, great "welding" between two different managing game. The first is simcity/theme Hospital/Ceasar o other Sierra games where you build your city on a square. The second is Civilization or even Paradox Entertainment games, like Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings where you build your empire on the planet.

dogui

Anyone has same wish?
Anyone comment?
I m an italian Rimplayer, I hope my english level is comprehensible to all.
My best greetings from Italy.

Skryabin

I think most of the people will not like the idea, because Rimworld is more like a micromanagement game. And if you move to a much bigger scale you will loose this unique feel. That would be some other game already  :-\

5thHorseman

I would like to be able to build/improve roads and I wish a wandering tribe was a bit more feasible, but I don't want to colonize the whole planet or even have 2 settlements. Except for the above-mentioned wandering tribe, the only way I've found to make it feasible is to keep the old settlement until you've set up a workable new one, which is a huge pain.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

fieldarchy

Quote from: dogui on August 13, 2018, 03:43:25 PM
Anyone has same wish?
Anyone comment?
I m an italian Rimplayer, I hope my english level is comprehensible to all.
My best greetings from Italy.

Your English is very good. Never worry :)

I also think something like this would be interesting. You can already manage up to 6 colonies (if I am recalling the right number) but it would be nice to be able to build or expand on roads in the game.

dogui

For a moment I read YOU are able to manage six colonies in a while.
Is there anyone which can manage so many colonies at the same time?

Toggle

Quote from: Skryabin on August 13, 2018, 06:48:22 PM
I think most of the people will not like the idea, because Rimworld is more like a micromanagement game. And if you move to a much bigger scale you will loose this unique feel. That would be some other game already  :-\

Yeah I'd have to agree with Skyrabin. You're usually supposed to be invested in the colony, you're checking their needs and dislikes, managing peoples body parts, operations, moods, fine tuning the colony. Running multiple colonies across the map just doesn't seem feasible, the game focuses too much on personal interaction with your colonists and they'd go crazy if you weren't watching them. Plus try managing multiple red alert events from across the map, you're gonna have a bad time when pushing time forward in 1 pirate fight does the same time forward in a different colonies tribal fight.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.