[B19] Items carried back in caravan are not making it back to my colony

Started by goode2shus, August 29, 2018, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goode2shus

Maybe I'm missing a step or something, but the items I select to take back with me when I do a return caravan are not in my inventories when I get back to my colony.

I select them and I can see the items before I leave and even while I am traveling, but I can't find them when I actually get back into the colony. 

????

5thHorseman

Quote from: goode2shus on August 29, 2018, 03:26:35 AM
Maybe I'm missing a step or something, but the items I select to take back with me when I do a return caravan are not in my inventories when I get back to my colony.

I select them and I can see the items before I leave and even while I am traveling, but I can't find them when I actually get back into the colony. 

????

Did you have a pack animal in the caravan? Look for it in your animals tab and see if it still has the pack on its back. I noticed in a recent build that the pack animals can keep their stuff for quite some time.

I think unloading them is just a generic hauling job and not the job of the caravan members anymore.

I further think this was done to keep people from going on mental breaks after arriving home from a caravan because even though they have gut worms and the plague and have been walking in the rain for 8 days, they unload before doing anything else.

I further think this is a good change, if in fact it was done.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

goode2shus

I do not have any pack animals.  This is the first time I played with the caravan part of the game and not sure I'm doing it right. 

5thHorseman

Maybe (MAYBE) your people still have it in their inventory then? Check the GEAR tab on each colonist.

Or, make a 1x1 stockpile with Critical priority and just that item in the filter, see if it shows up. If not that then I have no clue.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

goode2shus

Nevermind.  I finally noticed that the colonists automatically take what they are hauling directly to the stockpiles when they return.  My pack animals are still wandering around trying to find their way back to the main buildings where the stockpiles are.

Filo

I've ended up making a small Area within my stockpile called 'returning caravans'.   Assign my pack animals to the Area and then quickly dump their gear and reassign them to their normal spots.  Not too much of a chore.

MegaDeth

Quote from: Filo on August 29, 2018, 11:21:55 AM
I've ended up making a small Area within my stockpile called 'returning caravans'.   Assign my pack animals to the Area and then quickly dump their gear and reassign them to their normal spots.  Not too much of a chore.

I do the same thing actually , it feels a little explotey since the pack animals instantly drop whatever they are carrying even during pause.

5thHorseman

Quote from: MegaDeth on August 29, 2018, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: Filo on August 29, 2018, 11:21:55 AM

I do the same thing actually , it feels a little explotey since the pack animals instantly drop whatever they are carrying even during pause.

Naaw it's a bugfix IMO :D