[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

Ah yup - no need to be sorry, it's good to know what was happening. :)

Thanks for the update!

erisiah

I keep getting these errors in my log:

Config error in TCupboard: TCupboard has null thingClass.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Config error in TCupboard: TCupboard has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Config error in TCupboard: TCupboard has null thingClass.

Config error in TCupboard: TCupboard has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

Also, when I try to build one of these cupboards, the game throws an error as the work completes, and the object disappears (losing the 200 steel that the worker placed).

I'm using the latest update (as of this post).

Telkir

Hmm. Can't replicate this problem in debug mode; are you using any other mods that somehow change the Core "BuildingBase" def?

{ Begin technical gobbledegook! :P }

In A12 and before, you had to duplicate the Core "BuildingBase" def in each XML where you defined buildings that inherited it (such as the kitchen cabinet in this case).

While updating to A13 I noticed that this is no longer necessary. You can still inherit BuildingBase (or any other abstract def) even though it's not defined in that same XML - it just has to be present somewhere in the Core XMLs.

{ End gobbledegook 8) }

The error in your log is suggesting that something might be changing the Core def, perhaps another mod that didn't realise that the above was now possible. All I can say is that with no other mods except TMods activated, I can build the kitchen cupboard just fine.

erisiah

It turns out I needed to rearrange the mod load order. Thanks for the help, and the mod! :)

Nanao-kun

I'm posting this here because the scrap metal wall seems to be the only wall functioning normally.

I tested putting in other walls, but they all end up with dirt under them like that unless there's a tile under it. Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

Telkir

That's extremely odd. :o I'm scratching my head furiously as to what would even cause that in the first place...

Once again, I don't like putting the cause elsewhere, but in my own colony I'm running with only TMods enabled, I'm not getting that problem:

Could you let me know what other mods you are using, and maybe (like erisiah) try fiddling with your mod load order to see if anything changes? Put TMods earliest in the order, check, then try latest in the order, check again, and see if there's a difference.

Noobk

I'm just a lurker, but you pulled me out of my hole to say great set of mods. Thanks for the work!  8)

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Telkir on April 20, 2016, 03:17:47 AM
Could you let me know what other mods you are using, and maybe (like erisiah) try fiddling with your mod load order to see if anything changes? Put TMods earliest in the order, check, then try latest in the order, check again, and see if there's a difference.

Honestly, it's probably some mod and/or load order conflict. Copied from the ModsConfig.xml file.

<li>Core</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>CheaperComponents</li>
    <li>ED-ClosableVent</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-Plant24H</li>
    <li>ED-PoweredVent</li>
    <li>ED-Shields</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>FloorLights</li>
    <li>GlitterTech</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>M&amp;Co. ForceField</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Objects</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Modular Tables</li>
    <li>More Factions Spawn</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>PackMuffalo</li>
    <li>Pawn State Icons</li>
    <li>PowerCell-PowerCell1.3</li>
    <li>Rimfire 2.0</li>
    <li>Rimsenal</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Federation</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Feral</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_hair</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Security</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Storyteller</li>
    <li>RT Fusebox</li>
    <li>RT Storage</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>RTGs</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_MedicalInfo-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>RW_PawnBar-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>Storage Crates</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCloth</li>
    <li>T-MiscStuff</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>TilledSoil</li>
    <li>Turrets Pack</li>

I should probably put new walls higher up, now that I think about it.

Raccoon

Do you working on Language Addon or do we have to do this ourself?
€dit: Did it myself, you can take a look over it, and maybe if you like it add it. Like your Mod but 2 Languages in 1 Game is to much.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Astasia

Is 20 gold, 40 silver and 10 jade for 35 geoform crystals intentional? And 50 geoform crystals for 1 soil tile? That's like 60000 silver for a 10x10 farm that grows at normal speed.

I think I might drop it down to 1 geoform crystal per soil tile on my end...

Nanao-kun

I messed around with the load order a bit, put in and removed some mods, and started a new game. Walls are working normally now.

EDIT: Oh right, and unlike regular walls, you can't order a vent or cooler to be made over the scrap wall. Need to remove the wall first.

Telkir

Quote from: Raccoon on April 20, 2016, 07:12:57 PM
Do you working on Language Addon or do we have to do this ourself?
€dit: Did it myself, you can take a look over it, and maybe if you like it add it. Like your Mod but 2 Languages in 1 Game is to much.

Thanks for taking the time to attach your German translation of ExpandedCloth! I'll add this into the next update of TMods.

Unfortunately I can't work on translating myself because English is my only language. I could possibly try to throw stuff at Google Translate and see what sticks, but to be honest I wouldn't have any confidence in the quality of the results.

Quote from: Astasia on April 21, 2016, 12:55:04 PM
Is 20 gold, 40 silver and 10 jade for 35 geoform crystals intentional? And 50 geoform crystals for 1 soil tile? That's like 60000 silver for a 10x10 farm that grows at normal speed.

Y'know... yes, now you put it like that, that's a fair point :P I do want it to be a moderately expensive path to follow, but not that crazy. I'll change the costs for soil / rich soil tiles to 5 crystals in the next update.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 21, 2016, 04:16:52 PM
I messed around with the load order a bit, put in and removed some mods, and started a new game. Walls are working normally now.

EDIT: Oh right, and unlike regular walls, you can't order a vent or cooler to be made over the scrap wall. Need to remove the wall first.
Aha, good catch, I'm seeing that too. Will get this fixed ASAP.

Astasia

Quote from: Telkir on April 22, 2016, 03:31:14 PM

Y'know... yes, now you put it like that, that's a fair point :P I do want it to be a moderately expensive path to follow, but not that crazy. I'll change the costs for soil / rich soil tiles to 5 crystals in the next update.

The concern I have with it, even when I set it to 1 crystal per tile for myself, is there's very little reason to even bother. Gravel grows at like 85% rate, spending any significant cost to make it a 100% or 120% rate doesn't seem worthwhile. One also has to consider hydroponics, which besides their power cost are really cheap to build, like 30 silver per tile. I like the idea of the crystals and the cost for the process, but I don't think the benefit is there.

I think the bigger issue after playing A13 for a while, is jade is also almost impossible to get. I've only ever found like 1-3 tiles of compacted jade on a map, and no trader is setup to specifically sell it. There's a chance I think of some traders having it, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I'm also playing with orbital traders modded to 12% chance instead of the A13 default of 3%. I think you have to hope for a raider to drop a jade melee weapon to get any real amount of the stuff. Or I've just been having really bad luck with it.

25wes25

Quote from: Astasia on April 23, 2016, 06:23:10 AM
I think the bigger issue after playing A13 for a while, is jade is also almost impossible to get. I've only ever found like 1-3 tiles of compacted jade on a map, and no trader is setup to specifically sell it. There's a chance I think of some traders having it, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I'm also playing with orbital traders modded to 12% chance instead of the A13 default of 3%. I think you have to hope for a raider to drop a jade melee weapon to get any real amount of the stuff. Or I've just been having really bad luck with it.
If I can remember correctly on the 400x400 map I played upon release I found several small clusters of Jade and a few trade caravans had some. I'm not sure about the trade ships though, never got around to building that before we all got slaughtered.

hoochy

Quote from: Astasia on April 23, 2016, 06:23:10 AM
Quote from: Telkir on April 22, 2016, 03:31:14 PM

The concern I have with it, even when I set it to 1 crystal per tile for myself, is there's very little reason to even bother. Gravel grows at like 85% rate, spending any significant cost to make it a 100% or 120% rate doesn't seem worthwhile. One also has to consider hydroponics, which besides their power cost are really cheap to build, like 30 silver per tile. I like the idea of the crystals and the cost for the process, but I don't think the benefit is there.

Good points. I think the need for jade should be removed. Also when you think about what it is "doing" you should require 1 of a few things to upgrade soil. In real life soil is made up of a number of nutrients, so making it require say 1 gravel, 1 vegetable/meat and 5 silver to upgrade 1 tile makes more sense for me at least. As there is the time done "working" to get the ingredients, and to make, and then to put it down, which are all cost factors in making it "not easy".

I also wish the terraforming could upgrade soil even higher than "rich", so that you could get some 200-400% fertility ground. After having played with terraforming pumps I think this mods idea is a bit better in approaching this topic.