[Request] Variety/Lack of Variety affects happiness

Started by nuschler22, June 29, 2014, 02:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Personally, I think this should be in the Vanilla portion of the game and I'm surprised it isn't.  Maybe it is, and I just haven't noticed it.

Variety - Affects mood/happiness positively, variety of foods available should have an effect.  Even eating a great meal of nothing but potatoes and muffalo each day would become bothersome.

Lack of Variety - eating only one or two types of food could send people insane. 

Just an idea. :)

nuschler22

I'm kind of surprised this doesn't interest people.   I think it's a great idea. :)

Jathomas

Yeah I mean at the moment the contens of the food isnt really considered so i think this is a good idea. To encourage people to grow all sorts and hunt often- I believe this will become part of the game! that may be why it is not recieving as much attention
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!

nuschler22

Probably so.  I hope so at least.

I like having a lot of variety and found that there are great mods out there that do this, but like the post says, it would be nice for it to affect people. :)

mrofa

Its not that its not a good idea, the thing is that it reqire rewriting entire thougs class and prapobly few others that are strictly dependant. Its just ton and ton of work :P
All i do is clutter all around.

nuschler22

Interesting. 

Seems like they could add lack of variety as a negative impact (such as ugly environment or sleeping outside).  I would imagine they have left that area open to add and remove impacts (such as sleeping outside, hungry, tired, etc).

mrofa

Well you can do a mod that give thought per item, like ate potato or ate agave. This can be done i think even in xml only.
But the varient you diescribed, i did understand that a colonist would in example get a possitive thought from eating diffrent food each time, this means that the data of what colonist did eat prev would need to be sotred and linked with the data what colonist is eating now and then linked again with thoughs.
Making them individual per item is not hard but making them link together is preety hard.
All i do is clutter all around.

nuschler22

I don't know how to mod.  And don't care to learn.

This section is also for requests.  Hence, my request.

:)

Jathomas

hahha brilliant... well im sure this is possible and hope it either gets implemented or made!
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!