Jakadasnake

почему прогулка, когда вы можете meatspace

Yarkista

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 25, 2013, 05:17:03 PM
почему прогулка, когда вы можете meatspace

Well fuck.

Hypolite

Quote from: Tynan on September 25, 2013, 04:50:44 PM
Along with RimWorld, we're two for two with subtle sexual connotations in our product and company titles! I think maybe I'll make this a theme. I did want to make a hacking game called Meatspace some day....

Breaking news: Along with hosting colonists and prisoners, beds will have an extra special option to further ease colonists' mood.

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Hypolite on September 25, 2013, 05:48:34 PM
Along with RimWorld, we're two for two with subtle sexual connotations in our product and company titles! I think maybe I'll make this a theme. I did want to make a hacking game called Meatspace some day....

Breaking news: Along with hosting colonists and prisoners, beds will have an extra special option to further ease colonists' mood.
Oooh, bunk beds! There will be so much room for activities!

Yarkista

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 25, 2013, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: Hypolite on September 25, 2013, 05:48:34 PM

Oooh, bunk beds! There will be so much room for activities!

Yoga!?

Hypolite

Yarkista

:'(

Hmm while were on that train of thaught, will procreation and/or kids be in the game?

Hypolite

I was thinking about it, but the time scale of the game based on days makes it very boring to include them in the story. They wouldn't be anything but a hindrance on your resources until you played 6570 days (18 years). In Tropico, the time scale based on months makes it much more interesting, with an aging population that needs fresh blood every now and then.

Yarkista

Fair point, but perhaps a month based system wouldn't be the best thing for the game, the pace may become too fast.

Jakadasnake

Totally unrelated but I just had an awesome cringe moment with one of my younger coworkers.

Him: Hey have you seen Clerks 2?
Me: Nah.
Him: Damn! You're missing out!
Me: Well have you seen Clerks 1?
Him: No, I downloaded it but it was in black and white so I deleted it from my hard drive.
Me: First of all, that movie is in black and white. Second, you can't seriously be recommending the sequel to a movie you haven't seen... Right?

Whippersnappers these days man

Tynan

Kids could definitely be in the game. They wouldn't grow up though. I think that works. I mean, it's about stories, right? And there are lots of stories where a kid begins and ends the story as a kid. Nothing wrong with having a character who is just a child.

As for whether they're "useful", sure, you could kill or banish them if not. But what does that say about you? And how might your colonists react to this policy? I think these are interesting questions in a survival situation like in RW.

Babies fall into basically the same category.

Procreation is less likely just because it takes a long time.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Jakadasnake

Quote from: Tynan on September 25, 2013, 10:16:27 PM
Kids could definitely be in the game. They wouldn't grow up though. I think that works. I mean, it's about stories, right? And there are lots of stories where a kid begins and ends the story as a kid. Nothing wrong with having a character who is just a child.

As for whether they're "useful", sure, you could kill or banish them if not. But what does that say about you? And how might your colonists react to this policy? I think these are interesting questions in a survival situation like in RW.

Step 1: have kids
Step 2: beat the game
Step 3: the surviving children carry on their parents' legacy in the next game

Yarkista

Quote from: Jakadasnake on September 25, 2013, 10:31:28 PM
Quote from: Tynan on September 25, 2013, 10:16:27 PM

Step 1: have kids
Step 2: beat kids
Step 3: the surviving children carry on their emotional scars in the next game

Fixed!

Yarkista

So, anyone else heard about this government shutdown?