Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifnor

awesome!! i don't need random button anymore

xyz100

thanks for good mod!
but it doesn't work in some languages.

i tested this and that.
i thought, languages which have 'DefInjected' or 'DefLinked' folder like pt-PT, fr-FR, nl-NL...don't work this mod.
but languages which have only 'Keyed' folder work perfectly.

can you fix this?
(sorry for poor english)

JKTD1919

Soo, sounds like this is REALLY buggy, but it's soo good, I can't resist. Doing it anyway!

I'll get back to you to see if I have positive results.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Argain

Quote from: xyz100 on July 07, 2014, 12:24:14 AM
thanks for good mod!
but it doesn't work in some languages.

i tested this and that.
i thought, languages which have 'DefInjected' or 'DefLinked' folder like pt-PT, fr-FR, nl-NL...don't work this mod.
but languages which have only 'Keyed' folder work perfectly.

can you fix this?
(sorry for poor english)

There's a lot of stuff I hardcoded as English that I didn't need to, so I'll switch those to translated versions in v1.2

Kumai0214

So... Using English language while having no mods active except for this and of course core. I can't seem to generate the 5 colonists that I could (I didn't change anything. Just made map and started.) However, I did start a large 325x325 world, and I also did it on a 275x275 world just to see if the world size would affect the mod. So far it isn't working.

Attempt #5: Going to spawn 1 colonist. Seems successful.

Attempt #6: Going to spawn 2 colonist. Not successful.

Attempt #7: Going to try and spawn 1 colonist. Failed again.

Attempt #8: Going to use the 40 stat points and try for 1 colonist. If it succeeds I'll proceed to making 2 and so on.

Edit: Attempt 8 has failed. For now I shall play without this mod but I really wished it worked. Oh well. I'll just wait until some of these things are fixed or someone tells me the correct way of using the mod.. Heh.

Edit #2: Excuse me while I face desk 5 times. After reading past comments. I tried redownloading the mod and it seemed to work. Sorry for all of that. Heh.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

vagineer1

I'm not sure if this is a bug but after I selected my character's gender (Male) and went to edit his clothes, his body and face and hair were still female.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Argain

Quote from: mrofa on July 07, 2014, 02:52:52 AM
Gratz mate on finally releasing it :)

Thanks! I wasn't gonna release it until I migrated all the clothing/hair stuff to the menu, but decided not to wait lol Still a few bugs to work out, but it's definitely functional  ;D

BetaSpectre

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 07, 2014, 06:46:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug but after I selected my character's gender (Male) and went to edit his clothes, his body and face and hair were still female.

You can edit anything, appearances are changed elsewhere. Not sure about body though.

Lovin the Mod So far. It conflicts with the meteorite mod. Its a lil OP but considering the challanges My colonists keep facing its rather balanced IMO.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Argain

Interesting thing about that... it turns out that the body is dependent on the Adulthood backstory. I'm sure Ty has his reasons for it, but when I went to check for some sort of 'Gender' variable for the backstory (to determine which gender graphics it would spit out) I couldn't find one. Soooo... we just gotta guess-and-check to see which backstory gives which gender graphics lol It should at least update the body/face when you change the Adulthood backstory.

The Clothing/Hair however, can be changed in the menus that pop-up when clicking "Change Clothing" or "Change Hair". I'd like to eventually add in buttons for changing the Skin Color and selecting a specific Head, too.

Edit: The Adulthood backstory only updates the Body graphic. I think. lol

vagineer1

Quote from: Argain on July 07, 2014, 07:08:36 AM

Interesting thing about that... it turns out that the body is dependent on the Adulthood backstory. I'm sure Ty has his reasons for it, but when I went to check for some sort of 'Gender' variable for the backstory (to determine which gender graphics it would spit out) I couldn't find one. Soooo... we just gotta guess-and-check to see which backstory gives which gender graphics lol It should at least update the body/face when you change the Adulthood backstory.

The Clothing/Hair however, can be changed in the menus that pop-up when clicking "Change Clothing" or "Change Hair". I'd like to eventually add in buttons for changing the Skin Color and selecting a specific Body/Face, too.

That is good to know. I selected male based back stories. Child: Mercenary Adult: Frontier Marshal. My colonist lives on his own.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Argain

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 07, 2014, 07:07:02 AM
Lovin the Mod So far. It conflicts with the meteorite mod. Its a lil OP but considering the challanges My colonists keep facing its rather balanced IMO.

If you want, you might be able to make this compatible by opening the BaseMapGenerators.xml in the meteorite mod and changing this:

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="Genstep_Colonists">
        <startingItems>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_Pistol</thingDef>
          </li>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_LeeEnfield</thingDef>
          </li>
          <li>
          </li>
        </startingItems>
      </li>

to this:

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="ColonistCreationMod.Genstep_ColonistCreationMod">
        <startingItems>
          <li>
          </li>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_LeeEnfield</thingDef>
          </li>
        </startingItems>
      </li>

Not 100% certain it'll work, but it's the only thing telling the game to use my mod when it starts up.

Prodenswe

This mod dont show up att all when pressing New Colony. Still same Vanilla when chosing colonists, Enabled the mod in Mods tab, and not the zip/rar file in mods folder.. Dunno whats wrong

JorDash

Quote from: Prodenswe on July 07, 2014, 06:22:46 PM
This mod dont show up att all when pressing New Colony. Still same Vanilla when chosing colonists, Enabled the mod in Mods tab, and not the zip/rar file in mods folder.. Dunno whats wrong

You have to actually start a new game with it activated. After the screen that tells you you have crashed on a planet. Click ok and then it will show up.

On a side note. Doesn't work with Itchys Map generator pack. :( Maybe you two can get together and work something out again? Otherwise this is one of my must haves now. Keep up the good work.

Argain

Quote from: Prodenswe on July 07, 2014, 06:22:46 PM

"This mod opens an additional colonist creation menu upon map generation (after the crash landing message)" <-- as JorDash pointed out