[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerethi50

I wonder if its possible to make an assembly coded "hat" and "Jacket" that was invisible (all alpha texture ?) and removed itself / destroyed itself after like two ticks, name it "no hat" and "no jacket" to give your colonists the option of starting without a hat and jacket.

Argain

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 14, 2014, 01:36:49 PM
I wonder if its possible to make an assembly coded "hat" and "Jacket" that was invisible (all alpha texture ?) and removed itself / destroyed itself after like two ticks, name it "no hat" and "no jacket" to give your colonists the option of starting without a hat and jacket.

That I can do! :D

Jerethi50

Quote from: Argain on August 14, 2014, 02:09:35 PM

That I can do! :D

heck! maybe make a no shirt option to! there is a nudist trait now i believe hehe

Ruin

I like this mod so much, I really think it should be included in the vanilla game.

If you are not in the mood to just random it all, spending 15 minutes clicking the Randomize button to find a group of colonists you want to spend many hours (hopefully) with is not fun.  Playing RimWorld is fun.  This mod takes the not fun part out for me in some cases.

Ravebow

I looking forward for Alpha6 release :) I do not want to play with bunch of randoms! One of the best part of party creation in games is replace them with your friends :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Ravebow on August 14, 2014, 05:05:48 PM
I looking forward for Alpha6 release :) I do not want to play with bunch of randoms! One of the best part of party creation in games is replace them with your friends :D

And watch them all die the most horrible ways imaginable =P *Flashbacks to FTL and XCOM* *brr*

Argain

Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be able to update this to Alpha 6 :( Been trying all day with no success... the generation of the colonists is just too hard-coded now.

Gavinhawk

Noooo! Of all the mods this one is my absolute favorite and most wanted. Unfortunately it seems there's nothing that you can do. Thank you for trying.

Gabriel_Braun

Ivia

Quote from: Argain on August 15, 2014, 01:29:35 AM
Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be able to update this to Alpha 6 :( Been trying all day with no success... the generation of the colonists is just too hard-coded now.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, we need to find Tynan asap ;-;!

Ravebow

They really should add character creation asap in vanilla instead of pointless randomizer... Well, for now i need to re-download 5D and play on that release until someone add creator.

Ivia

Quote from: Ravebow on August 15, 2014, 04:55:46 AM
They really should add character creation asap in vanilla instead of pointless randomizer... Well, for now i need to re-download 5D and play on that release until someone add creator.
RNG character is fun part either, but I always like slightly options xD

RawCode

MapInitData.colonists is list of colonists.
MapGenerator.PlayerStartSpot is starting area.

Hooking to GameStartedEvent  (Rimgazer API) and altering colonists is simple and easy.

Argain

If something like this hasn't been implemented by the time the game is 'finished' and released, then I'll come back and re-create this mod for the game. It's a real pain to keep updating this for every new alpha... and [code-wise] I should have utilized the existing Pawn structure from the start instead of implementing my own Colonist objects. Next time around, I'll re-write the mod from scratch and drastically simplify the structure of it. If anyone wishes to update this themselves, they're welcome to do so, but I won't be touching it again until the game is released.

Rannzou

Please update to alpha 6!! nice mod by the way!