[B19] Rainbeau's Mods

Started by dburgdorf, September 15, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2018, 10:49:49 AMMarsch -> Shallow water, result stony soil !!!

You're the second to report that. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it's almost certainly a bug. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

WolfgangPolska

As of B19 rotten food items dont leave rotten mush, is it bug, or may it be mod incompatibility? Vanilla stuff also doesnt become mush either,
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Madman666

Leaves it properly for me. So it must be some incompatible mod you're having.

WolfgangPolska

https://git.io/fxLQ5
Well, here is the error log, in case Rainbeau wants to look at It, beacuse I have no idea what the cause is.

dburgdorf

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 03, 2018, 01:57:57 PMWell, here is the error log, in case Rainbeau wants to look at It, beacuse I have no idea what the cause is.

It looks like you've got over a hundred mods loaded, any of which might be the cause of the problem. (You also seem to have quite a few different errors in your log, not even considering the issue of rotting material in FF.) If you can narrow down *which* mod is conflicting with FF, I'll be happy to see if I can figure out the reason and fix it. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not really much I can do.  Vague "the mod conflicts with something" reports aren't of much use.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

WolfgangPolska

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 03, 2018, 02:42:28 PM
Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 03, 2018, 01:57:57 PMWell, here is the error log, in case Rainbeau wants to look at It, beacuse I have no idea what the cause is.

It looks like you've got over a hundred mods loaded, any of which might be the cause of the problem. (You also seem to have quite a few different errors in your log, not even considering the issue of rotting material in FF.) If you can narrow down *which* mod is conflicting with FF, I'll be happy to see if I can figure out the reason and fix it. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's not really much I can do.  Vague "the mod conflicts with something" reports aren't of much use.
The issue was  fixed, by moving FF to the top of  modlist, so no need for fix I guess.

dburgdorf

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 03, 2018, 05:46:45 PMThe issue was  fixed, by moving FF to the top of  modlist, so no need for fix I guess.

If at some point you can track down which mod FF is conflicting with, I'd still appreciate knowing about it. Except in the case of dependencies, mod order shouldn't matter. Rearranging mods in a situation like this one is merely a workaround; it's not an actual fix. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 10/05/2018

Blur the lines between wild and cultivated plants! "Wild Cultivation" allows you to cultivate a variety of plants formerly found only in the wild, and adds wild generation of most of the plants that previously could only be cultivated.

Plants which can now be found naturally include corn, haygrass and smokeleaf (most commonly, but not exclusively, found in arid shrubland biomes), daylilies, devilstrand and hops (most easily found in boreal forests), psychoid plants (least uncommon in deserts), cotton, potatoes and roses (most readily discovered in temperate forests), and rice (most easily obtained from tropical rainforests and swamps).

The ability to find these plants in the wild provides a few extra resource options in the early game, and also allows those using the "Seeds Please!" mod a chance to obtain seeds for plants they might otherwise not be able to grow.

"Wild Cultivation" also allows you to cultivate cacti (both pincushion and saguaro), agave, astragalus, clivia, brambles, bushes, low shrubs and grass, all of which could formerly only be found in the wild, as well as glowstools, agarilux mushrooms and bryolux, which otherwise can only be found naturally within caves.

You can also now create growing zones on any terrain that's not completely infertile. This doesn't allow you to grow plants on ground that's not fertile enough to support them, of course. The change is primarily intended to allow you to create growing zones on sand for cacti.

The mod also adds a very small chance of finding raspberries or wild healroot in tropical rainforests and swamps, where otherwise they don't exist.

Finally, "Wild Cultivation" adds one new type of flower, the geranium. Geraniums are functionally identical to daylilies, and in fact the geranium graphic is simply a recolored version of the daylily graphic. I just wanted a purple flower in the game, to add a bit more variety to garden colors.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Cultivated Plant Notes:

Agave grows more slowly and has a lower yield than in vanilla, to prevent it becoming a "superplant" when cultivated. It also takes a bit more work to sow and to harvest than most other plants.

Cultivated saguaro cacti grow more slowly and yield less wood than wild cacti, in order to put their wood production capability on a par with that of other trees.

Glowstools, agarilux mushrooms and bryolux will all die if exposed to light, so be sure to grow them in enclosed spaces. Cultivated fungi mature faster than their natural counterparts. Additionally, agarilux mushrooms, due to their large size, require extra space, just as do trees and saguaro cacti.

Cultivated brambles are denser than natural brambles, and thus slow movement more, nearly as much as does chokevine.

Compatibility:

You should be able to add "Wild Cultivation" to an existing saved game without trouble, but removing it from a game in progress will almost certainly cause problems.

"Wild Cultivation" changes a few vanilla plant definitions, but mostly just adds new definitions. So while it might conflict with other mods that alter vanilla plants, it also might not. And generally speaking, any such conflicts which do arise probably won't even be noticeable. For the record, it should be fully compatible with "Vegetable Garden."

If you're using "Vegetable Garden," "[T] Expanded Cloth," or another mod that alters the harvest of cotton, "Wild Cultivation" will automatically adjust the harvest of wild cotton to match it.

"Wild Cultivation" is fully compatible with "Seeds Please!" If you have that mod installed, the wild versions of various plants will drop seeds which can be used to grow their cultivated counterparts.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 10/03/2018

This mod adds a new storyteller, Rainbeau Flambe.

Rain shares Randy's love of the unpredictable, but tempers that love with a bit of Cassandra's storytelling flair. Still, he'll send big threats nearly as often as small ones. He seems to have a bit of a sadistic streak, and in any event, he has to keep his cat, Sabre, amused. He also likes to have a slightly larger cast of characters to work with than Cassandra does, and so will subtly encourage you to have more colonists.

The mod also slightly increases the base chance of orbital traders arriving, though the actual frequency of their arrival is not altered.

Some player testimonials:

"[Rainbeau is] real good on providing a constant supply of traders and challenges."

"Yep. Three events after one minute. And after that I had some time for my colonist. I like that challenge."

"I have to say I'm really satisfied with this storyteller.... Rain (on some challenge and later on rough) is heavy handed, but fair. The good flows in rapid succession just like challenges. I feel like if you survive the onslaught, he rewards you with a reasonable term of prosperity, and loves big colonies. He basically fits exactly how I like to play."

"Not sure if I just had bad luck.... But it feels like the game now spams bad events on me."

"Just into my second year in my current game using Rainbeau and I can say, 100%, that he is very fun, even on Some Challenge. XD Very fast paced and intent on being very kind or very brutal to my tiny colony. A+ Storyteller!"

"I've taken to calling this storyteller 'WHAT NOW?!'"

"He looks kinda like Shia Labeouf."

-- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf) - the modder, not the storyteller ;)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

A Note on Difficulty Levels:

Technically, Rain can be used at any difficulty setting, if only because there's no way to disable any of those settings. But as a matter of practicality, I wouldn't recommend trying to use him with "base builder" difficulty. Rain utilizes big threats as often as small ones, and tries to keep things going at a fair clip, while the "base builder" setting disables most big threats, and is intended to keep the game moving at a more leisurely pace. The inconsistency should be obvious.

Compatibility:

"Rainbeau Flambe - Storyteller" adds a new storyteller, but doesn't really change anything already in the game, so it should be compatible with pretty much any other mod, and you should be able to add it to an existing saved game without trouble. You should also be able to safely remove it from a game in progress, at least so long as Rain's not the currently active storyteller.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 10/12/2018

In ancient times, a fabled colonist by the name of RimRue taught her people the art of packing meals to eat on the go, and all was well in the universe. But during the era of Beta 18, that skill was lost, and pawns had no choice but to moan and cry whenever they had to eat without a table. But rejoice, for now, the stars have aligned, and the technology of packing bagged lunches has been rediscovered!

(Tired of your pawns being in a bad mood because they ate without a table? Now they can turn meals into packed lunches, and eat happily wherever they happen to be.)

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Credits:

Obviously, credit is due to RimRue, the creator of the original a17 version of the mod!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Interesting... Can any meal type be packed, including modded ones? Or just vanilla rimworld simple-fine-lavish meals?

dburgdorf

Anything that's defined as part of category "FoodMeals" ought to work, except for survival meals and (for obvious reasons) packed lunches themselves, which are specifically excluded from the recipe. But all packed lunches are the same, regardless of what sort of meal they're made from.

("What'd my spouse pack in my lunch today? Hmm. A bologna sandwich, just like *every* day. Which is kind of weird, because I'm sure I saw him putting leftover lobster thermidore in the bag this morning....")

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Ah, now i get!) So you basically turn anything regardless of its contents and nutrition amount\mood buff into a packaged lunch bags. Well thats nice. You d still wanna have a proper dining room for people to enjoy their fine-lavish meals, but you won't get quite as much idiotic mental states from people eating from the ground from across half map. Nice. I ll be subbing to this! Big thanks for your time @dburgdorf!

dburgdorf

Quote from: Madman666 on October 05, 2018, 07:58:15 AMBig thanks for your time @dburgdorf!

Honestly, this one was quick and easy. Rue created it for a17, but it had never been updated since then. Turned out to be a *very* simple update to b19.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Still you used your free time for it. As one who did some temporary updates for mods, i know time can be really hard to come by. And of course big thanks to RimRue for creating it in a first place.