Emergent Gameplay, what's yours?

Started by Technical Ben, November 01, 2013, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technical Ben

I'll add mine to start... I have a pet Boomrat. :)
He get's fed 2 meals a day, and has kept safe, sane and clean all through the settlement. He's outlived most if not all the original settlers.

His home is in the brig. He must of wondered in there himself, and just made it home. Neither the warden or the prisoners have the heart to "remove" him. So he became a part of the furniture. I think as a bonus, he helps "persuade" the prisoners to become valid members of society.

No one's given him a name though... :P
Here is a vid of it:
http://youtu.be/ZC4NlVfZgFI
I'm also considering doing a narration to a settlers story. Would there be any interest? Give thoughts and conversations to the colonists events?

Zorbane

I captured two assassins who are useless at everything other than shooting stuff.  They spend all their waking (and non eating) hours wandering the perimeter of my base.

I like to think they are silently waiting for the next raider attack, cleaning their M-24s and giving a gruff nod to the construction worker fixing up the auto turrets.

Of course when a real attack comes they're sleeping or wandered off into a mine somewhere

nnescio

I have a comfy prison psychiatric health care center in my colony where people who see too many corpses PTSD sufferers get treated. Sadly, it's staffed by an urbworld entrepreneur businessman who took night classes in psychology instead of an actual shrink, but we'll have to manage with what we have.

Technical Ben

Brilliant idea, I'll have to try that.

Bedshaped

Technical Ben

Oh, I have some full time cleaners there now. All tidy. Raiders come less often it seems, else my defenses just make it seem like it.

Tynan

I never even thought of how the animals would eat your potted plants. Awesome.

It would be even better if that boomrat went insane one day.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SharpKris

Quote from: Tynan on November 02, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

OR! if he evolved into an intelligent Boomrat alien... and then went insane

Tynan

I wonder what a transboomrat would be like.

nnescio

Quote from: Tynan on November 02, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

Hmm... this gives me an idea for an indoor shooting range with live animals.

Having the animals being potentially explosive just makes it FUN.

Tynan

This really makes me want to just skip everything and do animal husbandry.

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: Tynan on November 02, 2013, 09:19:55 PM
This really makes me want to just skip everything and do animal husbandry.
Please do that, because if your adding the ability to eat animals, it'd make sense to add that not to far behind if not at the same time. And because ya know, bacon.

Kevlar

Tynan might be able to confirm this, but at the moment I swear the animals respawn, because I certainly made an extensive effort to shoot every boomrat on the map, but 5 minutes later there were a bunch of them.

I even think I saw a squirrel fly down from outer space. Although even I was like... Nah, that can't have been what I saw.

Tynan

Of course they respawn; the edge of your map isn't a barrier. New animals enter the area when the game detects that the ecosystem is emptying out. Which gets weird in some cases, but that's how it is for now.

Kevlar

I Knew It! Space Squirrel Invasion!

Dun-dun-DUN!