Started by Jaxe, September 29, 2018, 11:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxe

Interaction Bubbles
Version 2.9

Built for RimWorld 1.4
Powered by Harmony
Available on Steam Workshop

Wouldn't it be great if you could read character interactions? Well you can, in the social log... or with

Interaction Bubbles

Shows bubbles when characters perform a social interaction with the text that would normally only be found in the log. This allows you to watch Tynan's wonderful interaction system in action as you go about your business without having to open up a tab.

Bubbles will fade away after a short time but they are linked to the game time so pausing the game will halt the bubble from fading. Hovering over a bubble will make it nearly transparent and they can be clicked through to objects underneath. There is a toggle button in the play settings area to disable bubbles from being shown.

Customization options are available through RimHUD for now. Check out that mod for a new UI. This mod was originally intended to be part of RimHUD but does not require it.

STEAM INSTALLATION
Go to the Steam Workshop page and subscribe to the mod.

NON-STEAM INSTALLATION
Download the latest release and unzip it into your RimWorld\Mods folder.

This mod may be added or removed from an existing game at any time without issue.

temple_wing

Very, very, very, excellent.

One little tiny touch, make the whole system totally different.

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Jaxe

Thanks for the feedback so far. Combat log is planned for a future update but most likely will be disabled by default.

Kaaven

This is surprisingly fun - it's nice to actually see this part of the game, which is othewise completely hidden. I was worried it might be getting in a way of gameplay, but it really does not.

One request would be to color-code the bubbles, depending if the interaction was friendly or not.

Jaxe

Updated to v1.5
- Built for RimWorld 1.0
- Fix for bubble accumulation when not shown

This will be uploaded to Steam closer to the 1.0 release date.

Link to latest release

ambivalence

It would be great to have a compatibility with the Real Fog of War. Currently, you're able to see bubbles even if you can't see pawns, and it makes easier to locate raiders. Also, it's a bit strange to see raiders' discussions about this and that when they're actually going to kill or to get killed in a moment. I understand it's a core problem which generates such an irrelevant discussions, but...

Mosart

Jaxe

Jaxe

Updated to v1.6.2:
- Added support for RimWorld 1.2
- Removed support for RimWorld 1.0

Jaxe

Updated to v1.7:
- Now has its own config in mod settings
- Added new option "Show when drafted" (default: ON)
- Added new option "Show combat interactions" (default: OFF)
- Supports custom fonts

Sepon

Hi Jaxe, thank you for you mod.
Is it possible to implement cursive text in the bubbles? I am using SpeakUp mod which uses your mod and implements direct speech dialogs between pawns, and I thought it would be nice to make direct speech different from 3rd person text, and here I am =)

vandal

do tribals use the bubbles too? would be cool if you couldnt understand them. or if certain factions had indeicipherable communications

Jaxe