please change "rimworld" to "jim's world"

Started by Swarx, October 04, 2018, 01:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Jim's World?

Nah too generic. Rim Planet or just Rimworld Sounds better in my ears.

Quote from: lancar on October 05, 2018, 04:14:46 AM
Edgy World
What about Edgeworld or Edge of the Universe? I'm not that good with making up titles :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

khun_poo

Shurp

If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

vzoxz0

WorldWorldWorld II: Electric World Subarashii!

dburgdorf

"ZimWorld."  With, obviously, GIR, Dib and Gaz as replacement storytellers.

(Is it sad that I really want to reskin the storytellers, now?)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Razzoriel

A high amount of sexual innuendo correlations in things which have zero sexual innuendos is a signal of anxiety. I'd say this can be safely related to pathological levels.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Razzoriel on October 05, 2018, 03:30:32 PM
A high amount of sexual innuendo correlations in things which have zero sexual innuendos is a signal of anxiety. I'd say this can be safely related to pathological levels.

Heh heh. You said "In Your Endo."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Limdood

Seriously, of all of the MANY reasons this game is "inappropriate for children," the NAME is the one you settle on complaining about?

I'm just sitting here in my human leather clothes, hanging out in my torture/part-harvest prison snorting flake in awe of your decision.

lowdegger

Quote from: Razzoriel on October 05, 2018, 03:30:32 PM

Says the person with a confederate flag for an avatar...

lowdegger

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 05, 2018, 04:10:00 AM
I say we just call it Star Craft 3 and crowd-fund the money needed for legal fees.

+1

Chicken Plucker

But nobody thinks about Tim. What if Tim plays Rimworld, and it's called Jim's world, not Tim's world?

Think about the moral implications before you suggest things

Swarx

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 06, 2018, 06:45:32 PM
But nobody thinks about Tim. What if Tim plays Rimworld, and it's called Jim's world, not Tim's world?

Think about the moral implications before you suggest things

tims are not people

jims are the master race

Nainara

Quote from: Swarx on October 04, 2018, 01:04:34 PM
hello there i think that "rimworld" should be changed to "jim's world" as there are many people in the world named "jim" and the word "rim" has sexual connotations that thus make this game inappropriate for children. the fact that it is not "jim's world" is very discriminatory towards people that are named jim or james.
This is a well reasoned proposal.

Shurp

Quote from: Limdood on October 05, 2018, 08:31:55 PM
Seriously, of all of the MANY reasons this game is "inappropriate for children," the NAME is the one you settle on complaining about?

I'm just sitting here in my human leather clothes, hanging out in my torture/part-harvest prison snorting flake in awe of your decision.

Quote from: B@R5uk on October 08, 2018, 03:10:05 AM
I like how game allows me to butcher gays, then turn them into fuel, then into energy. But my colonies never execute prisoners even if some turns out to be gays. I train surgery on prisoners by installing/removing peg legs but only if a man already has a peg leg or got his leg shoot off during fight. If a man got into my cell it's a guaranty to be alive, he'll end up as a colonist or will be sold.

And I thought I was plumbing the depths of depravity by raising dogs on frozen human corpses and then butchering them for meat...
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.