Blog post: RimWorld 1.0 will be released October 17

Started by Tynan, October 06, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brynath

Grats Tynan, and crew.

It's been fun watching this game come to life since the Kickstarter.

ceofiofy

Huge thank you for all the work you've done so far!
Obsessed with fishing.

Lowkey1987

Congratulations to the Luedon Team.
You have done a wonderful Job. I have bought this gem on the 22.03.2016.
Later on, i added it to Steam which tells me: Most played game with 1097 hours played. This seems much, and Steam didn't know every time I played it. To be honest, sometimes I let Rimworld run, while cooking or doing other things.
Rimworld was the first game which connected me to Reddit. The first time I used a gaming forum to make a game a little bit better. And as I learned new things, Rimworld learned, too.
I think the team behind Rimworld have done a great job. You gave many players memories of interesting simulated events, which they tell other people, like a AAA cinematic film. When I think back to my first try, I will never forget one of my starting colonists, who was an old gunner, not very useful but very old. And the tale how he died defending the entrance to the spaceship. And there are many great tales like this out there.
It was a nice journey with Ludeon and I am happy, you have reached your goal.

Tl:dr Love it, would buy again, 10/10

homemdosgalos

mcdjfp

Not finding a feedback thread, this felt like the best place to ask a couple of questions.
1. Has the "fair play timer" delay on doors closing been changed at all? (I can't find anything positive to say about it, and I am tired of my cook leaving the freezer door open at least half of the time)
2. Are there any changes to the forced minimum range? (I could accept melee attacks reseting the aiming timer on ranged weapons (perhaps excluding pistols and other small weapons). Feburary

If not, are there any mods out there that change these back to how they used to be?

I had not checked the forums for a couple of days (I do play other games), and then on a trip the update e-mail came. I did not expect an update any time soon because there still seemed to be a number of things that needed fixing (like these two issues that felt more like temporary patches as opposed to permanent fixes. Both of these in particular break immersion for me and feel like a new player trap by operating differently than one would expect drawing on the real world (doors can be slammed, you don't have to back out of the melee only zone to shoot someone attacking the person next to you). I have never felt melee was particularly broken. It always sounded like a bad idea that should only be used (by the player) under controlled circumstances (ambushing an isolated enemy for instance). The only issue for me is that melee weapons felt a little weak.

I don't door cheese, I try to find ways to take advantage of brawlers (and high melee pawns) without excessive risk (and massive medical bills). I guess the biggest issue for me other than the doors looking stupid is that I feel like I am being punished because someone else couldn't control themselves.

zizard

Sadly the best use of a brawler is to sit in cover with a shield belt baiting bullets.

mcdjfp

True when using a killbox. They sit behind sandbags and draw fire (or beat up the mistake that got too close). In the open, however, I have had pretty good luck hiding them off to the side to pick off enemy pawns that fan out to the side looking for cover (or ignoring my colonists to go burn something).