[Mod] (Alpha 5/6) The Pyromaniac Modpack

Started by Dr. Z, July 09, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Description
The first mod I made in my life. I'm so exited :D

The developement of this mod gets a little confusing by now, even for me, so I will recap it in chronological order:
- At first I wanted to make a mod to "Get rid of Clothing", adding a bill to burn it at a crematorium and a trader to sell it.
- It turned out that clothing isn't tradeable in Alpha 5, so you could just "Burn Clothing".
- Then a few people asked for another bill to burn tribal weapons, so I added it alongside with the option to burn wood itself, becasue I don't do half things. Now you were able to "Burn Clothing and Wood".
- With Alpha 6, burn clothing is included in Vanilla, but considering that there where people asking for it, I seperated the bill to burn Wood and reuploaded it alongside the old mod for those of you still finishing Alpha 5 colonies (and a more catchier title ;)). Trading clothing is still not possible, I'm afraid.

You are always welcome to suggest more things you would like to be able to burn.

Features
- (Alpha 6) Burn Wood, short bows, long bows and pila at a crematorium
- (Alpha 5) In addition: Burn clothing at a crematorium (included in vanilla Alpha 6)
- German translation is included in both download files

Known Issues
- (only assumed, needs testing) This mod actually replaces the original Crematorium with a new one able to burn those things, so if you're already running mods changing the crematorium they might cause trouble. If that's the case just text me and I will contact the developer, because a compability mod wouldn't be a problem at all.
- At the moment you have to burn wood one by one, because I can only set one fixed count for burnable stacks. Example: If I set count to 20, you're only able to burn a stack of 20 of any allowed ingredient. This means a) you can't burn wood if you have less then 20 of it and b) you can't burn the weapons at all because their stack is limited to one. If someone knows how to code this smarter, please tell me.

How to install
- Unzip the content in [YouRimWorldFolder]\Mods
- Activate the version you would like to use in the Mod Menu and delete the other one
- I don't know what happens when you activate both versions at the same time but I guess it has to do with error messages, so I suggest you don't try it out
- For the record: You don't need to start a new colony when installing/activating/deactivating this mod

Legal Notice
You are allowed to use this mod in your own mod or modpack, but I require a message and credit.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Prasie the Squirrel!

murlocdummy

I've tried to find a way to sell clothes to traders, but to no avail.  Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Dr. Z

Unfortunatly it hasn't to do anything with luck, it's just not possible^^
Prasie the Squirrel!

Puch22

Maybe you could make a all new trader xml that over-rides the original with one for clothes along for the others?
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

Dr. Z

No, clothes are just not tradeable at all.

Quote from: Tynan on July 10, 2014, 03:08:58 PM
Unfortunately there is no code to trade anything besides commodities, pawns, and weapons.

Sorry guys :(

I have it on my list soon to rewrite the trade interface so it supports any item. The current code was written before apparel existed.
Prasie the Squirrel!

murlocdummy

He's currently working on World gen, so I don't know if "soon" is really the correct choice of words.

Personally, I do the same thing with clothes that I do with other unwanted items.  I create a stockpile for them, then I blow them up with grenades.  It's more fun that way, too.

ghandhi_rules

Quote from: murlocdummy on July 11, 2014, 02:39:46 AM
Personally, I do the same thing with clothes that I do with other unwanted items.  I create a stockpile for them, then I blow them up with grenades.  It's more fun that way, too.

Finally a use for blasting charges.

forsaken1111

Quote from: ghandhi_rules on July 11, 2014, 03:21:56 AM
Quote from: murlocdummy on July 11, 2014, 02:39:46 AM

Finally a use for blasting charges.
Grenades are free though...

axenn

Perfect ! I will try.. tired to explose it with grenades.
Could you burn bow too ?

Dr. Z

If demanded, I could add a recipe for burning tribal weapons.
Prasie the Squirrel!

axenn

I think this is a good idea to have the possibility to burn everything that can burn. I don't said pistol because that can't .
And this possibility must be integrate to the game as the possibility to sell combat vest to combat ship.

Dr. Z

Ok, I will add it, but personally I would wait until a trader arrives and sell the weapons to it, but do as you like.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

New version is online, you are now able to burn wood, short bows, long bows and pila. There's a little issue with burning wood so I recommend reading the "known issues". You're welcome to suggest other thinks you would like to be able to burn.
Prasie the Squirrel!

PunisheR007

Hey peoples, i just figured out how to get clothing to be bought and sold thru traders, atm i think it's not possible to make your own trader without .dll (assemblies). but to add things to be sold and bought is possible. I will be releasing a new mod called, "Traders have Clothing", so no need to burn your clothing anymore, sell them :).

PunisheR007

Well i did get 1 piece of clothing to be bought and sold thru traders, but anymore that 1 extra resource defined, it won't let you start a new game, so this mod will be on hold until it can be done thru xml fully, cheers :).