Coolers wont cool enough

Started by Qualle, October 25, 2018, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qualle

Hey, my coolers wont cool enough the room is between 0-5°C even though my coolers are on -70°C whats the problem, wrong battery placement?
Here is a picture of my base. https://imgur.com/a/aJnAorH

fritzgryphon

Looks like it should work.  Are the coolers facing the right way, and the chimneys are unroofed?

Canute

The hot output of the freezer are just 1x1 tiles and maybe not even unroofed ?
I bet at these 1x1 tiles is a very high temp.
Then the cooler can't cool because they can't get right of the hot air they generate.
(lies mal die bedienungsanleitung deines kühlschranks, da steht bestimmt auch das der hinten genug platz braucht damit die luft dort zirkulieren kann).
Best solution is that the hot output goes into some outdoor tile, or you can use it to heat your base.

Shurp

Yes, your "chimney" for the cooler is just not large enough.  2x2 will work; 1x1 will not.  (I assume the interior is unroofed; if roofed it won't work at all.)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

zizard

TiberianSun371AlexW

Quote from: Shurp on October 25, 2018, 08:34:32 PM
Yes, your "chimney" for the cooler is just not large enough.  2x2 will work; 1x1 will not.  (I assume the interior is unroofed; if roofed it won't work at all.)

Wait, what? I can have a dozen fires in a room and a chimney 1 by 1 will equalize it with the outside.

Shurp

Fires max out at 28'C.  A cooler can throw off a lot more heat.  I'm not sure exactly how much heat the hot side of the cooler generates, but I think it's more than the electric heater / campfire.  And in any case it doesn't have the temp limit.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Yoshida Keiji

Out of the three coolers, the one at the top is inverted to throw hot air inside your freezer, the blue arrow is pointing out and the red arrow is pointing inwards.

Shurp

LOL, *that* will do it every time!