No Go Zones

Started by BetaSpectre, July 10, 2014, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

Simply zones that make only your colonists act as if there was a wall in the zone.

Mainly for sieges where angsty colonists won't walk out and die in the middle of a field of raiders.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Klaatu

I would also like no go zones. In Majesty, they had fear flags.

I would love to be able to zone an area, and hit a toggle for activating / suspending the zone/deactivating like stockpiles and production buildings do.

Shinzy

I would love to see this!
and maybe somekind of 'red alert' toggle, to disallow colonists to move outside home zone

I've lost many good people who've gone hunt or haul something near pirates preparing an assault =P or just prance right through their siege camp on their way back home from somewhere, It's too hard to keep track of all of them at once

Edit:
And Klaatu's idea, aswell. suspending stockpiles would be neat
especially if you have your main hauler stuck on endlessly hauling muffalo meat from the overflow stockpile to the main stockpile after every single meal the cook creates

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Klaatu on July 10, 2014, 06:59:52 AM
I would also like no go zones. In Majesty, they had fear flags.

I would love to be able to zone an area, and hit a toggle for activating / suspending the zone/deactivating like stockpiles and production buildings do.

Majesty one lacked fear flags (but all your heroes were pretty much unkillable anyway unless they got surrounded), majesty 2 had those though
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

_alphaBeta_

Agreed. I put some of my ideas down in this thread which originally mentioned the concept.

H4TD

I think it would be a good idea if there was some sort of button under the game speed, beside the " toggle zones" that was automatically turned on ( but turn-offable manually when you like) when raiders / danger arises that forbids your colonist to go outside of the home region that they are currently in unless told so by you

Luroshard

I support this idea, colonists would be able to march in a line to battle or avoid corpses to avoid lesser moods.  ;D