How to deal with late game centipedes invasion?

Started by BlackHunter, November 03, 2018, 05:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limdood

don't forget to take individual shot damage into account.  Centipedes have a sizable armor rating, and no worn armor to deteriorate, so that armor rating isn't going anywhere no matter how many shots you pour in.  High damage bullets will hit more consistently, so charge rifles still have a niche (assault rifles really got indirectly nerfed with the armor change)

walleras

You could build all your silver into the floor so that doesn't add to your wealth, but to stop the invasion itself I am out of ideas.

BLACK_FR

Quote from: walleras on November 07, 2018, 11:17:16 AM
You could build all your silver into the floor so that doesn't add to your wealth, but to stop the invasion itself I am out of ideas.

Floors do count to your wealth.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

walleras

Well then nevermind what I said, guess I better go rip up my floors. Did they patch that, I swear it used to be true.

zizard

Storytelling evasion loopholes are continually being closed.

5thHorseman

Quote from: zizard on November 09, 2018, 11:47:08 AM
Storytelling evasion loopholes are continually being closed.
Yes, hiding tens of thousands of silver from the wealth calculator, digging it up again whenever a trader showed up, was superfun. I hope they don't patch out intricately zoning your home area around art pieces so nobody will repair them, and then throwing grenades at them because that's the only fun left in this game.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

walleras

zizard

It's more fun than endlessly processing centipedes

BLACK_FR

Quote from: 5thHorseman on November 09, 2018, 03:10:52 PM
Yes, hiding tens of thousands of silver from the wealth calculator, digging it up again whenever a trader showed up, was superfun. I hope they don't patch out intricately zoning your home area around art pieces so nobody will repair them, and then throwing grenades at them because that's the only fun left in this game.

It's good that they closed that exploit. And current mechanic of wealth is ridiculous. But you don't even need that to keep raids reasonably low. In my current game I don't only keep all buildings at full health, I treat all non-resource items as if health affect their efficiency. And it didn't really change much, raids are still so low that they are no danger. Only spike will be when I will be finishing and launching ship.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me