[MOD REQUEST] Vehicles! Cars, Trucks, Technicals, Tanks and ATVs

Started by Kirby23590, November 06, 2018, 08:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Aloha Rimworlders! ;D

We go in caravans while in foot don't we? Kind of weird to say that, but something is missing besides riding animals in their backs. We got anicent highways and asphalt roads but there is no wreckage of a Four Wheeled Thing that was burned or just left in the road.

You know that Four Wheeled Thing that i was trying to say... They are called Vehicles, and oddly they are missing in the game since they are said to be hard to program in Tynan's words, but don't tell why they are no wreckages of cars in the roads because they all got deconstructed by some people for some steel & components before we crashlanded in the rims...

Yes i'm talking about Cars here, They can be driven by your pawns and drive around in it doing nothing or ramming into stuff, they need the respective Research and must be built in it's Workshop (Garage?) with tons of components and steel, but they also need to be refueled & filled with Chemfuel otherwise when they run out, they don't do anything but stand there doing nothing. They good in caravans and perform well in the roads but are slow in open or rocky & hilly terrain. EMP Grenades are good against vehicles since they can disable them for a while.

The good old' Cars are unarmed & don't serve any purpose outside of caravans they are good for transporting people and helping out in caravans for traveling faster but can only carry a limited amount of space & passengers, otherwise the people who can't fit have to travel in foot and slow the caravan down, unless there is a second or more vehicles that they can drive.

Pickup Trucks are slightly slower than the Cars, but they have more purpose in the colony in terms of defense & offense, They can become Technicals by building a turret for a manned gunner or a automated turret in the back. They also serve a purpose of being good in caravans as well, able to carry more storage as normal Pickup Trucks and Technicals can harass enemies by driving around them while the gunner or auto-turret takes care of them. Raiders will appear using Technicals and use them to attack your colony.

Tanks would be the ones that will serve the purpose of defending your colony or attacking a raider base with them. They are slower than any other vehicles but they are heavily armored and most firearms and melee weapons will have a hard time destroying one. But are tough things to fight against without another tank or with explosives. They can appear with or use Machine Guns to take care off raiders or manhunter packs or Tank Cannons to fight against other Tanks or Mechanoid Centipedes. Not for good caravan missions or quests except for attacking bandit outposts or enemy faction bases. They are also Expensive to build as well!
Raiders will also appear using Tanks as well in late-game and their Tank Cannons could easily destroy your base if you don't take them out quickly or when you're not being careful!

ATVs or All-Terrain Vehicles fill the niche and are unarmed and can only be driven by one single person only. But they are not slowed down in the world map in the terrain without roads and hills effect them less since they are Off-Road Vechiles. They are good for traveling around in the world map alone or with a small group (Also in their own ATVs) to do quests around such as bandit camps or item stashes and other smaller quests.

I know that i'm missing some other vehicles & cars such as Dirt Bikes, Jeeps, Vans, Police cars, Hooverbikes, Armored personal carriers, Mechas and more. But since there aren't much mods that add Vehicles or even Tanks!

And since getting an official vehicles from Tynan & Ludeon studios is so very low. I really want to get a mod that adds them, or even have them that even gives the raiders using them to raid with them so you can either destroy them for free components & scrap including materials for building your own vehicles or get their vehicles or their tanks if you're lucky!

EDIT: Made some changes and made some things clearer

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Kirby23590

Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 07, 2018, 12:24:45 AM
https://github.com/mason3ck/Yes-Vehicles

Sorry... That mod is for A17 and still hasn't been updated yet for 1.0, so this mod would make tons of Hiccups if i try playing in the incorrect version.

Jiro

My bad, wrong link: https://github.com/TupiNUMBooR/yes-vehicles
Not updated for 1.0 yet because of JecsTools issues, but will be around soon enough.

Kirby23590

Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 07, 2018, 01:54:37 AM
My bad, wrong link: https://github.com/TupiNUMBooR/yes-vehicles
Not updated for 1.0 yet because of JecsTools issues, but will be around soon enough.

Well i already saw that already in the Steam Workshop but didn't download back since i heard incompatibilities with Hospitality Mod. But i'm hoping that he will update for 1.0 someday since the original author stopped making the mod...

I don't know why people don't even think highly about the vehicles and cars since the very beginning in the game, it was even in the highly suggested things in the suggestion forums back in the days...

NinjaSiren

[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!