1.0 fixes in testing on unstable branch

Started by Tynan, November 10, 2018, 02:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

This thread is for the related blog post.

Thanks to all who give it a try. Please let us know if it works, or doesn't work, in this thread.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ser Kitteh

So, if it's only a Mac thing, should Windows users give it a try anyway?

Kirby23590

I would love to know these fixes and if it's also for windows as well... :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Scavenger

List please!

And will you be addressing some of the other things that were dropped from the 1.0 update in the future?

Primarily animal and taming related things, such as issues listed in this thread-
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43914.0

And the new taming mechanics making it very hard to train or even keep the harder creatures like megasloth or thrumbo? I know it's designed to balance animal hordes, but that seems like an unintentional side effect I haven't seen any comment on.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

jpinard

Quote from: Tynan on November 10, 2018, 02:30:12 AM
This thread is for the related blog post.

Thanks to all who give it a try. Please let us know if it works, or doesn't work, in this thread.

Tynan - any chance you might re-visit the wealth formula for mechanoid attacks?  Right now it is getting annoying having to do "wealth mitigation" to try and keep from accidentally rolling over into high powered mech assaults.

Or if you don't want to, maybe give me a pointer on how I could mod this?  The mechs born from ships and of course mech raids.  I'd like to tone it down by ~20%.  Not cheaty, but more reasonable.

Tynan

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on November 10, 2018, 09:47:25 AM

Yes please, the goal is to confirm that everything is still compatible.

I'm not looking to make design changes with this update, it's just about technical fixes.

James009

QuoteI encourage anyone who is willing to give the unstable branch a try with any combination of mods. If you're willing to take the time, please report compatibility problems in the forum thread below. Thanks very much.
So, I am apparently subscribed to the unstable version of the game and once it updated to the unstable version my pawns now unequip all clothing and armor once I am done with drafting them; they keep their weapons.

I've double checked the apparel load-outs and everything is in order. I suspected it was a mod update but it seems to be happening even after unloading a number of (but not all) mods. It appears to be effecting everyone from soldiers to workers to farmers. This wasn't occurring before this update.

Hope this helps!

v1.0.2083

EDIT: Disregard. I downgraded the game back to the public version and it's still doing it. Looks like it was the "change dresser" mod and incorrectly assigning loadouts which explains why it still persisted after disabling the mods.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Scavenger

Quote from: Tynan on November 10, 2018, 10:50:38 PM
Quote from: Ser Kitteh on November 10, 2018, 09:47:25 AM

Yes please, the goal is to confirm that everything is still compatible.

I'm not looking to make design changes with this update, it's just about technical fixes.

I didn't think you were, I'm more asking if they will be coming? At some point.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Tynan

Ya'll know I never promise things until they're already done :) Same policy since 2013.

For the build, can anyone confirm that it works for them? Ideally with a mega-modlist active.

Just a post saying, "I tried with X mod list and it worked" from a few people would be great.

AileTheAlien

Playing on Ubuntu 16.04 (yes, I need to upgrade to 18.04...), modlist attached. Seems to work fine, after re-anabling all the mods from the save-game? Haven't found any bugs after playing for five minutes, and the dev-logs don't show anything. Not a tonne of mods (only like, a dozen), and they're half XML-only mods.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Crow_T

Playing Rimworld unstable, ubuntu 16.04, changing screen settings now works (I can get to full screen again yay!), just played for a bit, re-enabling a crap-ton of mods from the save load pop-up seems to have worked fine.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Tynan

Thanks! Glad to hear the bugfixes are working too.

Love to hear more!

Tynan

I split some off-topic posts to another thread. Please stay on-topic. In this thread I'm really just looking for play reports with the 1.0 hotfixed build, not open-ended suggestions (there's an entire board for those).

Can anyone just try the unstable version with some mods active and post to say how it goes?

wobarch

Hey, I tried the unstable Version 3 days ago and it wasn't working with my modlist anymore (I don't know, if you did another unstable branch after that)

I got a list of errors (most of them caused by the Clan of Cthulhu Mod) and after loading my savegame startet but there were  no people left in my colony. I tried to fix that (also with the same modorder as before) but I could'nt figure out a solution so I turned unstable branch off and now its working fine again as before... Sorry that I can't give you more informations (I put my Modlist as attachment)
(By the way: Tynan, thank you for the best game since years!)

[attachment deleted due to age]

lux3y

7yrs old colony loaded up in unstable with 97 mods active: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562335939
so far 2-3hrs playing and everything running fine so far.