[MOD] (Alpha 6) Jaxxa Shields 0.08 - 2014-09-07 - Announcement

Started by Jaxxa, July 12, 2014, 12:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Jaxxa, can I use your mod in a updoming mod pack?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Jaxxa

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 21, 2014, 12:52:12 PM
Jaxxa, can I use your mod in a updoming mod pack?

Yeap, no problem, go for it.
Let me know if you have any issues.

Jaxxa

Zeta Omega

welcomeHub

The forum download link doesn't work. Could you please use an uploader? really appreciate that!

Jaxxa

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 21, 2014, 09:00:36 PM
No pictures of a Jaxxa shield in action?

Not yet, at some stage I will make some more varied textures and put up some screenshots, probably for Alpha7.

Quote from: welcomeHub on August 21, 2014, 11:30:42 PM
The forum download link doesn't work. Could you please use an uploader? really appreciate that!

Added Mediafire Mirror to First post.

FireFly

Couldn't see it mentioned here, but I'm having a problem where the shield charge will reset when I load a save. It'll go back into it's warmup phase and start right at 0. Slightly annoying in a raid, compromising my entire defense. Is this a bug or an intended feature to counter save scumming?

Tarenty

I also discovered a bug.  Where the shields' range display intersects a mountain, it flickers between being visible and invisible, and starts to cause my entire screen to flicker bright and dim.

Jaxxa

Thanks Tarenty and FireFly.
I will look into both of those things when I have time.

Jaxxa

Thanks FireFly, I have fixed up the shield not being powered when loading a save game and will have that in the next version.

I have not been able to reproduce the flickering screen bug, can you give me some more details on how to reproduce it please.

Tarenty

I think I found the cause.  I had accidentally adjusted a value in the small shield while peeking at the code. Sorry for the false alarm.

Jaxxa

Glad you figured it out  :)

Uploaded a new version.
It should fix the issue FireFly reported on loading.

Timber

Quote from: jaxxa on September 07, 2014, 12:09:02 AM
Glad you figured it out  :)

Uploaded a new version.
It should fix the issue FireFly reported on loading.
Maybe it's time to throw in some screenshots too?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

IWannaChaos

Would a shield that blocks psychic attacks (the psychic drone, the crashed ship part) be outside the scope of this mod? I imagine it would be fundamentally different because those aren't projectiles. I'm only asking because I had a colony that was impervious to all physical threats succumb to mass hysteria.

Coenmcj

I suppose since it applies to the whole map, you could have a CRAM apply a mood boost when it detects a psychic drone that directly counteracts the drone. For those of us that don't have psychically deaf colonists of course.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Jaxxa

I have just put up a poll with some of the ideas that I have / have been suggested to add that you can vote on. I wont necessarily follow the results and they may not be possible, but I would like to get an idea of the interest.

Coenmcj you will notice that psychic shielding is one of the options :)