Make bedrooms with multiple doors viable

Started by Modinstaller, December 01, 2018, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modinstaller

Right now if you make a bedroom with several doors for convenience, there's a good chance that your colonists are going to move through them when someone's sleeping.

It'd be nice if colonists were smart enough not to disturb someone's sleep just to get 2 seconds faster to their objective, but another solution would be to allow the player to draw out areas that colonists should avoid if possible while moving, while still being allowed to move there when something needs to be done (repairing, firefighting, cleaning ...). Not perfect though since your cleaner might disturb someone's sleep, but better than nothing.

XeoNovaDan

You could just forbid the second door and only unforbid when necessary, though that could be micro-intensive.

Modinstaller

Since both doors could be used every day (like, one leads to the dining room, the other to the crops area and the wilderness), with 10 colonists with 10 bedrooms, it would become unmanageable very quickly.

5thHorseman

I would like this too. And based on that video they made where they explained how pathing works, it even sounds simple to implement. Any room with a bed in it, make the pathing penalty the maximum. Then suddenly nobody would go through there unless it was ridiculously long to go the other way, or they had an actual reason to be in the room. Which should generally mean sleep, cleaning, or doctoring.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Kiame

You could use Path Avoid - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33027.0

Mark bedrooms as strong avoid and pawns will not go through the rooms unless they are going to sleep there