Workaholic pawns?

Started by Shurp, December 13, 2018, 07:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Why won't my pawns engage in recreation even when I order them to and forbid them from doing anything else?

I have a pawn at poor mood and 50% recreation.  I've set her to "Joy" activity on the restrictions tab, zoned her into a room with tables, a horseshoe pin, and artwork, but she just stands there "Wandering" idle instead of relaxing and enjoying herself.  Oh, and her boredom levels are all below 40% so that shouldn't be stopping her.  Unless pawns lose interest in an activity faster than that? 

But even if I release the zone restriction she won't go to her room and meditate or go outside for a walk, she insists on dutifully cleaning and hauling and all sorts of other work... right until she snaps and loses her mind.  What is going on here?

--------

Edit: I just remembered, I have the "Pawns are capable!" mod installed which could affect work priorities and mood behavior.  Has anyone seen something like this before with it?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

I use "Pawns are capable!" mosttimes too, and didn't notice any problems.
Is that the only mod you use ? I don't think so.
So i would blame another mod, but mosttimes you would notice an error at the log window.

But when you have no errors i have no clue.

Shurp

No, the only other mod I'm running is my "house" mod -- I increase the sell factor to 1.0 for clothing and the range on charge rifles to 35 so they're worth building.  I can't imagine either would affect pawn behavior.

OK, I had another look at my save game and maybe boredom is a factor.  Relaxation is at 39%, Social is 49%, and Dexterity is 47%.  What determines if a pawn is willing to engage in an activity?  How high does boredom have to go before a pawn loses interest?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

mebe

I've sen this in vanilla and not been able to work out why my suspicion is that even though the game *says* they are not bored they are really. I've also ended up scheduling joy at the start and the end of work schedules until the little buggers start playing - it's not obvious what made them go back to joy but they did.

Shurp

Maybe I'm just overloading how often they engage in recreation... when they get cranky I often schedule them for 8 hrs sleep / 16 hours recreation.  They play until they peg their bar, then work for a bit, then play for a bit, etc... the +10 mood bonus is great, but I guess they're wearing themselves out at play.  Sounds like I need to stick to drugging them for temporary mood issues instead.