[1.0] Zetrith's Multiplayer

Started by Zetrith, December 16, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0sTpWnEd

Quote from: VentusVero on March 16, 2019, 01:24:56 PM
Just wanted to chime in, since there seems to be a lack of general information regarding Zentrith's Multiplayer current state.
The following is 2 weeks of testing the mod with another player to see if we could get it working.

1) Zentrith's Multiplayer "1.0" points to a github that is actually version 0.4.4 and was last updated Jan 22, two months ago.
2) Connecting through steam (with and without arbiter forced ticker enabled) we experienced regular desync's with vanilla Rimworld.
3) Using the supported spreadsheet, we tried adding rank 4 mods (just 1.0 DE Surgeries, Mad Skills, and Ogrestacks) and still experienced regular Desyncs.
4) Hosting myself and playing with no other joiner (while my co-op was at work) I experienced Desyncs with arbiter during events like poison ship crash landing. This is just me (host) desyncing with arbiter (the bot that is supposed to help avoid desyncs).

Love the premise and all, but certainly no where near as complete as some other posts suggest. It could also be that the more mature the game and the more elevated the events, the worse the desync, but to date re-sync has never worked and even on joining a fresh save/hosting, the green/yellow bars just chase each other endlessly after simulating finishes and freezes.

Had to join this forum just to respond to your comment here. No idea what game you're playing but my wife and I have logged maybe 300 hours using Zetrith's multiplayer mod and we never desync more than around once per 3 hours or so. And we play with about 50 mods. So perhaps before blaming the modder you should look into exactly why you're experiencing so many desyncs and try to resolve the issue.

NoisomeHabits

Quote from: p0sTpWnEd on March 19, 2019, 09:54:22 AM
Quote from: VentusVero on March 16, 2019, 01:24:56 PM
Just wanted to chime in, since there seems to be a lack of general information regarding Zentrith's Multiplayer current state.
The following is 2 weeks of testing the mod with another player to see if we could get it working.

1) Zentrith's Multiplayer "1.0" points to a github that is actually version 0.4.4 and was last updated Jan 22, two months ago.
2) Connecting through steam (with and without arbiter forced ticker enabled) we experienced regular desync's with vanilla Rimworld.
3) Using the supported spreadsheet, we tried adding rank 4 mods (just 1.0 DE Surgeries, Mad Skills, and Ogrestacks) and still experienced regular Desyncs.
4) Hosting myself and playing with no other joiner (while my co-op was at work) I experienced Desyncs with arbiter during events like poison ship crash landing. This is just me (host) desyncing with arbiter (the bot that is supposed to help avoid desyncs).

Love the premise and all, but certainly no where near as complete as some other posts suggest. It could also be that the more mature the game and the more elevated the events, the worse the desync, but to date re-sync has never worked and even on joining a fresh save/hosting, the green/yellow bars just chase each other endlessly after simulating finishes and freezes.

Had to join this forum just to respond to your comment here. No idea what game you're playing but my wife and I have logged maybe 300 hours using Zetrith's multiplayer mod and we never desync more than around once per 3 hours or so. And we play with about 50 mods. So perhaps before blaming the modder you should look into exactly why you're experiencing so many desyncs and try to resolve the issue.

To add to this; mods that add some sort of RNG such as 'Fertile Fields' https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1539311500 chance to devolve rich soil to plain soil, etc, have caused desyncs every time for a friend and I. Setting these chances, where we could, to 0% (never happen) or 100% (always happen) cleared up the issue for those mods.

notfood

Fertile Fields uses System.Random instead of Verse.Rand on generating those chunks, it's my mistake that has carried over the years.

It needs to be fixed.

Steel Balls

Just found this mod and the idea is AWESOME, but i have to ask, why there is no update since 2 months?

velve

Now this is going to make my girlfriend even happier than I do!

centax2020

I have a save here that always crashes thought you might want to take a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0miuiz715v6lf6/Autosave-1.zip?dl=0

Canute

centax2020,
you should visit the discord channel and ask there. Link at the first posting.

wshGuy

I wanted to chime in and say that this Mod is great. Brought me back to the game after many months. I play with my brother. We have run into desynch issues once or twice, but for the most part no problems. But I must say, we just play the Vanilla game for now until there is more support. Edit: issue I was having was caused by something else.

Onasaki

While this mod is pretty cool. I'm having issues trying to get it to actually work. Me and a friend tried to connect, first with me hosting, and then with them hosting. Neither of us were connecting to the other, and would just sit there. Though I was using a steam version of Rimworld, they're using a non-steam version.

This is without any other mod active. The github page mentions port forwarding, but I've never needed to port forward before, when doing other kinds of things like this. Like the Phi Server never had any problems.

Any ideas?
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

Tunakaaan

Hey guys this mod looks really cool but when we try to connect with my friend through LAN none of our server's show up and it always keep searching anyone having this issue?

Onasaki

That's similar to the issue I'm having Tunakaaan. No one's responded yet. We've tried direct connection too, and it didn't work.
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

Canute

I just can repeat myself,
you should seek help at the multiplayer discord channel. Link at the first posting.

Tunakaaan

Quote from: Onasaki on April 21, 2019, 11:50:12 AM
That's similar to the issue I'm having Tunakaaan. No one's responded yet. We've tried direct connection too, and it didn't work.

when i try to create a LAN server it says cannot create Direct Server but creates the LAN server i believe issue is from my pc or game

Shootnik

Please, add possibility of using skills from mods, for example from rim of magic!!!

Tocato