Game runs smooth, then something happends and it gets 1 fps.

Started by Atom, December 23, 2018, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atom

Mod's list is here: https://justpaste.it/5yqfj
Log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestItemStash.GetLetterText (RimWorld.Faction alliedFaction, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, Int32 days,

RimWorld.Planet.Site site, RimWorld.Planet.SitePart sitePart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestItemStash.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

Hi,
since you post this at mod/help i think you seek help to fix it self ? :-)
You shouldn't only look at the last error, you should look more at possible error's that appear early, before you even load a safegame.

The error it self don't give a hint on a mod, so any mod that modify incident's or a combination could cause this.
You can try to edit the safegame, search for <incidentQueue> and delete the first one.
But the same problem can happen with the next similar incident.

Atom

Hey i spotted that, when game start to lags, only this error shows up and on the map are starting showing quest item stash places that you can explore, but there are showing many of them..
There only 1 error before that one:
Exception while generating thing set: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type) <0x00095>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x00027>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x0001e>
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x0035e>
at RimWorld.ThingStuffPairWithQuality.MakeThing () <0x00026>
at RimWorld.ThingSetMaker_MarketValue.Generate (RimWorld.ThingSetMakerParams,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x0018b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThingSetMaker.Generate_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.ThingSetMakerParams) <0x00173>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.ThingSetMaker:Generate_Patch1(Object, ThingSetMakerParams)
RimWorld.ThingSetMaker_RandomOption:Generate(ThingSetMakerParams, List`1)
RimWorld.ThingSetMaker:Generate_Patch1(Object, ThingSetMakerParams)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestItemStash:GenerateItems(Faction, Single)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestItemStash:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.Storyteller:TryFire(FiringIncident)
RimWorld.IncidentQueue:IncidentQueueTick()
RimWorld.Storyteller:StorytellerTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I have 2 colonies on the map, when i abandoned the second one , game stopped spamming quest stash places on the map and stopped lagging. Any ideas?

Atom

I even removed everything on the map using dev tools but it didn't work, only abandoning map is helping. Shi.ttt

Atom

Quote from: Canute on December 23, 2018, 07:12:42 AM
Hi,
since you post this at mod/help i think you seek help to fix it self ? :-)
You shouldn't only look at the last error, you should look more at possible error's that appear early, before you even load a safegame.

The error it self don't give a hint on a mod, so any mod that modify incident's or a combination could cause this.
You can try to edit the safegame, search for <incidentQueue> and delete the first one.
But the same problem can happen with the next similar incident.

It helped ,thanks! I noticed it only 1 time per game, so maybe it won't repeat. thanks but still don't know what is causing it.

LWM

You might, as a hail mary attempt, search for "incidentQueue" in all files (including .dlls) in the Mod folders.  If it shows up, then it's very likely that mod at least touches the incident queue?

--LWM