[1.0,1.1] Deep Storage (functional)

Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tocato

so whats the limit per container? i saw some of the steam previews had the numbers up to the 700s for food? What about weapons, or armor lockers how many can they hold? is there any way to tweak the limit via a mod settings option?

LWM

Quote from: sumghai on September 11, 2019, 04:23:36 AM
Unfortunately, coding Harmony patches to allow LWM.DS Lockers to automatically unload firearms as they are being stored inside the lockers is probably too far outside my ability, so I'm not gonna be of much help there.

The way I picture it is this (It would need to be built by someone doing Combat Extended):
Combat Extended has a class Building_WeaponStorage : Building_Storage

The only thing it does is override Notify_Recieved(Thing thing) to unload the gun (you could probably spawn the unloaded ammo right on the same Position as the weapon, and pawns would eventually clean it up).  (This is why it would need to be built on the CombatExtended side: to handle unloading the gun.  If you try to spawn the ammo on top of the gun, my Deep Storage changes should make sure it worked okay)

Then the CombatExtended Patch for weapon lockers (and cabinets) would also replace the <thingClass>CombatExtended.Building_WeaponStorage</thingClass>.

Does that sound reasonable?

We could probably put in a mod setting somehow to turn on or off the behavior?  If anyone wanted to store half-loaded guns or whatever?

Quote from: sumghai on September 11, 2019, 04:23:36 AM
Speaking of CE:FT, an upcoming update will include some new and very large caliber ammunition such as missiles. I'm thinking of making a new 1x2 LWM.DS building specifically for storing mortar/tank shells and missiles, while leaving the current cabinets and lockers for weapons and smaller ammo.

That sounds pretty darn reasonable.  "Heavy Ordinance Storage"  I'm hoping in a future update to make some sort of shielded storage that protects the stored items from damage....that might end up being useful here  :D  (But it'll probably be a few month out)

--LWM

LWM

Quote from: Tocato on September 11, 2019, 06:07:41 AM
so whats the limit per container? i saw some of the steam previews had the numbers up to the 700s for food? What about weapons, or armor lockers how many can they hold? is there any way to tweak the limit via a mod settings option?

I'm hoping to get a change out next week that adds settings so players can set their own limits on things.  No promises.  But if I do, that will open up a lot of options.  As it were.

Very high numbers are probably a mix of Deep Storage with one of the stack count changing mods (OgreStack, XXL Stack ..?)  They mix just fine if you want to go that route.

Edit: Oh, right, once you install the mod, the [ i ] info tab for all the buildings lists what they can store and how many things they can hold.

--LWM

Tocato

Quote from: LWM on September 11, 2019, 04:04:54 PM
Quote from: Tocato on September 11, 2019, 06:07:41 AM

I'm hoping to get a change out next week that adds settings so players can set their own limits on things.  No promises.  But if I do, that will open up a lot of options.  As it were.

Very high numbers are probably a mix of Deep Storage with one of the stack count changing mods (OgreStack, XXL Stack ..?)  They mix just fine if you want to go that route.

Edit: Oh, right, once you install the mod, the [ i ] info tab for all the buildings lists what they can store and how many things they can hold.

--LWM
excellent. i also would like a hard limit on my storage. Even my weaponry, as with this mod allowing different types of weapons in one storage its an absolute game changer. I just don't want to hold like all of my inventory in one storage unit. Otherwise my bunkers wont have a purpose anymore

LWM

UPDATE!  Players may now use a mod option to specify what items can be stored in each type of Deep Storage building.  So now you can store hay in Medicine Cabinets (or whatever) while you wait for me to make haylofts.  Note that I don't use this setting at all (of course), so y'all will have to let me know if anything breaks.

Future updates will include settings for modifying storage speed and adding keys so it's not all english-only.  But I wanted to get this out there, as I think a lot of people have been hoping for it.

Next big changes will probably be some way to access items you want to right-click on.  Or haylofts.  Per unit or per item limits are a bigger project, and are farther down the line, but I think I have a handle on how to do them.

Pictures:  Anyone want to share awesome storage room pictures?

--LWM

sumghai

Quote from: LWM on September 17, 2019, 09:53:54 PM
Pictures:  Anyone want to share awesome storage room pictures?

I've got a few from my NERV Odawara savegame:

Quartermasters room
- Big Shelves for NERV MREs, medical and first aid kits
- Clothing Racks for combat gear, cold weather gear and spare ACS shirts, plus a temporary holding area for garments to be repaired
- Lab counters repurposed as an issue desk/window
- Laundry with washing machines from Dubs Bad Hygiene

Main armory
- Weapons Lockers containing various small arms and non-explosive ammunition, enough to arm an entire platoon of soldiers
- Weapons repair bench

Base Defense Ammo Storage (Left)
- Weapons Lockers containing 7.62×51mm NATO cartridges and 40x53mm grenades for base defenses (M134 Minigun and Mk 19 Grenade Launcher Sentry Turrets, from my Defensive Machine Gun Turrets Pack mod)
Explosives Storage (Right)
- Weapons Lockers containing assorted grenades, rocket launcher ammo and C4 demolition charges

Cold Stores for vegetables and grains (Top), and Freezer for meat and unbutchered animal carcasses

Annotated layout of the entire base for context

Tocato

ooooo whats the combat information center

JaJe

I have to report an incompatibility with Dinosauria mod.
Everytime I haul a dino my pawn start hauling that dino in a loop between stockpile and meat hook. Also it haul a dino that exceed maximum weight. Maybe a fix soon?
I ate without a table and I liked it.

Tocato

Just waiting for the customizable storage limit update :)

Pichu0102

Items in storage containers appear to be invisible to "Make until X" bills. I have well over 50 pairs of pants in storage.

LWM

Quote from: Pichu0102 on November 01, 2019, 12:51:51 PM
Items in storage containers appear to be invisible to "Make until X" bills. I have well over 50 pairs of pants in storage.

And the pants you have in storage are all the correct materials etc?  If you were to build shelves and put the pants in shelves, does the problem go away?  (I recommend god mode for a bit of quick testing, if you can do that)

That's an irritating problem and it shouldn't happen.

Coolrah

Seen ya mod on a youtube video and it made me want to try rim again with it but was having an issue with the mod not being compatible with my current version but I have the most current version of the game and at least the mod I think (downloaded from ya github link) was hoping you could help.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/228843cf471b04fb263bd85b6d91692c

LWM

How *****y odd.

I'm uploading a new version shortly anyway; check back tomorrow evening, and hopefully it'll work fine for you then.

--LWM

LWM

Update!
Haylofts.
Better handling of storage buildings' Beauty.  Expect skips to be uglier but various cabinets, shelves, etc to be prettier.
(This also means a pawn in a storage room filled with covered pallets will be happier than one filled with skips...)
Pallets slightly more useful, but also ugly.

I'm still planning to tweak Quality for some units, probably to make them have no quality.

If you are having problems with the filter settings (letting colonists put rifles in skips for example) not saving: I have no idea what's going on. It works for me. :/ If you have any idea what may be causing it, feel free to let me know. I have a debug version of the mod on the GitHub page that logs how settings are changed; if someone wants to get those logs to me (both before and after changing the settings and reloading) I can take a look at them? If someone already has and I haven't read your comments yet, thank you :)

Coolrah: Try the latest version.  I have no idea what was happening with yours, but someone else had a similar problem.  Very odd.

Coolrah

appreciate the quick response but unfortunately the issue still persist. Even tried redownloading rim again but still the same issue. So weird cause this is the first time ive ever had this problem too.