Version for 1.0
Latest Version (Dropbox)

Latest Version (Steam)

This mod requires a HugsLib

Your own religion tutorial

Discord:
Join

Description:
Mod adds a religion system in the game. For now it has some basic set of religions. It's fully customizable like a framework to make your own religions and put them together.

Features:

Religion
Religion is a trait that can be obtained by several ways:

• Through break-downs
  • Religion providence (an incident)
  • Chatting with religious colonist

Church:
If you have any religious colonists, It's necessary to build a church. Your colonists would be disappointed if they can't pray in an appropriate place.You have to build an altar in the room, select a religion on it and wait for colonists to place relic on it. Your church will not be active until you place a relic on it. Build it on sculptor table, assign religion on altar - pawns will do hauling.  When it's done – the church would be completed. You can place some benches and candelabras.

Pilgrims
Pilgrims is a group of religious persons who travels around the world to spread their religion. They can visit you and offer to buy a holy book of their faith. It might be a great deal if you want to upgrade your church with such a thing like Worship.

Worships
If you want to improve the mood of your characters, you can set worships in your church. You have to build a lectern, to buy a holy book, to set a preacher to this lectern and to schedule your worships and so on. Beware! If your preacher is not well qualified, colonist will gain bad thoughts about worships.
Notice, worships are tricky. There must also come kind of addiction to worships if ones are good. Your colonists will have a new need – religion. That need fills up while colonist attends a worship.

Relationship
Characters of one religion group will treat well to each other. Although there are some religions, which are hostile to each other and their relationships would be worse.
Colonists of same religion will be in a good relationship. On the other hand, if religions are conflict – there will be a bad relationship between colonists.

Antitheism
Colonists with Antitheist trait and religious colonists will have a bad opinion about each other.

Atheism:
Colonist with Atheist trait can't convert into religious. But will have no bad opinion about religious colonists.

Compability:
You dont have to make a new save
Should be working with any mods

Known issues:
If you are using EdBPrepareCarefully: religion traits doesn't shown as conflict traits, so beware of adding two or more religion traits to colonist

Credit:
Thanks to all my friends who helped me to make this mod.
jecrell - creator of the mod (Call of Cthulhu) which inspire me to make this one.

Translations
It would be great if you could translate this mod into your language. PM(forum, discord) me if want.

Polish - Giovanni
Japanese - Proxyer

License:
You are able to modify this mod in any way you want it to. If you want to use sources of the mod - PM me please and place a link to this mod and Call of Chtulhu mod.

Screenshots:
Here

Skynert

Any screenshots? And I never thought that I need this

SansMasterBudaa :3

Theres going to be an Agnostic Colonist in a future update??? ???

DiamondBorne

Contagious religions + Simulation games = disaster.  ;D

I remembered in Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville where there was this zombie worshipping religion and if it spread enough among your survivors you get a bad end where they throw themselves to zombies to liberate their souls or something. It's impossible to contain as the cultist will spread the idea everytime you let them work together and somehow my other survivors are so eager to eat up their shenanigans.

Anyway Jecrell did have cult worship mod, are these two compatible?

notfood

^ That sounds like Unitology

Altman be praised.

Basarab

Quote from: SansMasterBudaa :3 on February 03, 2019, 09:49:55 PM
Theres going to be an Agnostic Colonist in a future update??? ???
I'll think about it! ;)

Quote from: DiamondBorne on February 03, 2019, 11:10:34 PM
Contagious religions + Simulation games = disaster.  ;D

I remembered in Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville where there was this zombie worshipping religion and if it spread enough among your survivors you get a bad end where they throw themselves to zombies to liberate their souls or something. It's impossible to contain as the cultist will spread the idea everytime you let them work together and somehow my other survivors are so eager to eat up their shenanigans.

Anyway Jecrell did have cult worship mod, are these two compatible?

Chance to become religious is quite small. Religion as all vanilla traits have their own conflict traits. If colonist has a conflict trait of religion - he will not convert.
Yes, they are compatible.

RoboSpongie

Super curious, any plans of porting it to steam workshop one day ?

Basarab

Quote from: RoboSpongie on February 04, 2019, 03:35:41 AM
Super curious, any plans of porting it to steam workshop one day ?
Yes, very soon

Rust Cohle

I'll install this as soon as I get home !

forumgod

Sounds great and like part of the game, post some screenshots

RimManiax

Question :
is it compatible with the majority of the most popular mods (for exemple) :
- Psychology
- Hospitality
- Dubs Hygiene
- Fluffy Mods (all)
- Factions & Alien

Cause right now, I cant play with your mods because it generated some errors & warning

Basarab

Quote from: RimManiax on February 04, 2019, 11:24:54 AM
Question :
is it compatible with the majority of the most popular mods (for exemple) :
- Psychology
- Hospitality
- Dubs Hygiene
- Fluffy Mods (all)
- Factions & Alien

Cause right now, I cant play with your mods because it generated some errors & warning
I'm sure it works with Hospitality and Dubs Hygiene. Can you send me your log with errors and warning please?

Vehicular_Zombicide

How will this play with the Rim of Madness: Cults mod? Will it be possible to make a religious cult using both modes in tandem?

Basarab

Quote from: Vehicular_Zombicide on February 04, 2019, 03:58:27 PM
How will this play with the Rim of Madness: Cults mod? Will it be possible to make a religious cult using both modes in tandem?
This mod is compatible with Cults Mod. But no, it's not possible to make a religious cult at this moment. It's one of cool features I want to implement in next updates :)

Basarab

Update:

• Steam version
  • Polish translation