[MODPACK] (Alpha 5) All In One Mod Pack (ON HOLD)

Started by Jerethi50, July 16, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

I notice an issue with colonist creation mod.

You are able to save a set of colonists for use, however when choosing "Normal" and 3 colonists (I haven't tried other settings) - The 2nd colonist's Adulthood trait is not saving correctly.

Which means changing it, which means the points reset - kinda nullifies the reasons for saving it in the first place.

I'm guessing this is an issue with that mod and not yours. However, I know if I tell him about it and state I'm using your mod - well that kind of thing gets blown off in most places ;)

Perhaps you could mention it or perhaps it actually is an issue with the interaction with your compilation?

Great mod anyhow, thanks.

Argain

Quote from: thefinn on August 05, 2014, 10:44:47 PM
However, I know if I tell him about it and state I'm using your mod - well that kind of thing gets blown off in most places ;)

lol tiny bugs aren't always easy to catch, especially in a complex system... some happen seemingly at random and continue to baffle me. For example: I just tried starting a new colony with a group of 3 on 'Hard' and all of their names came up as 'ErrorName' or something of the sort... first time I ever saw that happen and haven't seen it since.

As far as your 2nd colonist's Adulthood Backstory not exporting... *shrugs* try giving it another whirl while I check out what might be the issue.

MrHohenheim

hey  aio 1.4.0 working fine for me and i downloaded 1.4.1 and here the problem http://puu.sh/aGXDu/0bd4f72d08.jpg  missing textures or something else?

bobucles

I had that problem the first time I loaded up 1.3(.1?).

It's just a glitch with the way Rimworld handles mods. Try reloading the mod, that seemed to do it for me.

Looptrooper

What an amazing modpack. I'm just into my first game ~8 hours but as you know the alpha is still somewhat "raw". Now this modpack is an amazing addition! Please keep it up-to-date and thank you! :) 

MrHohenheim

Quote from: bobucles on August 06, 2014, 08:50:35 AM
I had that problem the first time I loaded up 1.3(.1?).

It's just a glitch with the way Rimworld handles mods. Try reloading the mod, that seemed to do it for me.

i try but not works ..

Edit: 4times reload and now works fine thx

TheLunatic889

Hey i just wanted to know if This mod is up to date, since Colonist Creation Mod is at 2.3a while the one here is at 1.4...

Bog

Quote from: TheLunatic889 on August 06, 2014, 04:50:29 PM
Hey i just wanted to know if This mod is up to date, since Colonist Creation Mod is at 2.3a while the one here is at 1.4...
Well it was last updated 4 days ago, and Apparello is included and it's a very new mod.

Whether or not all the sub-mods are totally up to date I have no idea.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Shinzy

Quote from: TheLunatic889 on August 06, 2014, 04:50:29 PM

Quote from: Jerethi50V 1.4 : Added two new mods Apparello and Machine Gun Nests, Updated Colonist Creation mod to latest version Which adds the ability to use default colonist generation
Should be the newest
and as far as I've seen Jerry here has been updating his mod whenever there's been new meaningful update to the included mods

TheLunatic889

Okay the problems might be on my side...

When i click new Colony

Instead of "Gender" Human Colonist

I get "Gender" Colonist Colonist...

Jerethi50

Sorry guys, I have been a bit busy, Thank you everyone who is answering questions and such, Please let me know if any super important mods need updating in my pack or anything, I'm not really able to be as involved in the forums as usual. hopefully ill be more free soon.

thefinn

Quote from: Argain on August 05, 2014, 11:57:36 PM
Quote from: thefinn on August 05, 2014, 10:44:47 PM
However, I know if I tell him about it and state I'm using your mod - well that kind of thing gets blown off in most places ;)

lol tiny bugs aren't always easy to catch, especially in a complex system... some happen seemingly at random and continue to baffle me. For example: I just tried starting a new colony with a group of 3 on 'Hard' and all of their names came up as 'ErrorName' or something of the sort... first time I ever saw that happen and haven't seen it since.

As far as your 2nd colonist's Adulthood Backstory not exporting... *shrugs* try giving it another whirl while I check out what might be the issue.

lol, no worries I wasn't aware of quite how buggy it all is - funny that even with "all the weird" it's still a really addictive game.

captainradish

Having a great time so far with your bundle of mods. Most of them I already had been using on their own, but some did not like to play well together. One mod I like to play alongside is the K9 mod. I am unaware of any problems so far, but I may suggest it be officially included. The mod author doesn't seem to have updated it in a little while, but minami26 updated it for alpha 5 and it works well (despite the doggies stealing everything that's not nailed down).

About the only real criticism I have is that you kind-of get a little too much too quickly. I really like Minami's tech tree (despite it being rather brutally difficult and too overly dependant on crafting), and would like to see something similar here.

captainradish

Also (I just thought of this), is there a mod that allows for preset positions for when your colony is under attack? I seem to remember having one at one point for an earlier version of Rimworld, but I can't find anything that works with 5.

Basically, I would like to build bunkers using a combination of the manned turrets and the walls you can shoot through, but I would also like to have colonists who drop what their doing and man the turrets at the push of a button. Any suggestions?

EmmaWayne

hi :)

first... sry for my bad english^^

i like this pack but is there a possibility to turn one of the mods off?
because i have a big problem with the meteor mod.
everytime a meteor crashes in to something than it will be there forever... cant remove it. the pawn just stands at her place and does nothing.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!