[MODPACK] (Alpha 5) All In One Mod Pack (ON HOLD)

Started by Jerethi50, July 16, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakata

@Bog:

Main reason I fought off all those raids - burrowed into mountain, rushed sniper turret then artillery research while I made a long tunnel kill zone, and once I had 4 artillery turrets it was... game over for most invasion types.
Only ones that gave me issue were the ones that don't seem to respect roofs and spawn all over the map, or when the artifact thing would fall right on top of my front door (favorite landing site of that), usually I'd lose 1-2 colonists while a MAI with something crazy like chaingun would be my main attacker (rush her in the middle of em and watch em kill themselves with her explosion)

Biggest thing int he start for me is power management.  Once I have auto switches researched turrets don't drain, and lights in rooms are no problem.  Biggest annoyance power-wise is that tables/crematory takes so much power while not in use.

Iwillbenicetou

@Jerethi50 (or just the creator) or @anyone who can help. I'm going to create a mod pack, and I need help to get it started. Anyone who can help me?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Sakata

Hey Jerethi, (or anyone else that might know)
Do you know if the mod "Workplaces"  can be added to the pack with no problems?  There is a version that is compatible with armory...
Since A6 is kinda bumpkis with the powerswitches not working and waiting for A7 so hopefully everything can get updated I'm pretty much stuck with A5 for now.

Jerethi50

I hate to say it guys but due to various things This mod is on hold for now,
1. I have lost two essential mods to the mod pack, better power and colonist creation mods, without those mods I just don't feel the pack is as complete as i prefer it to be
2. The amount of work involved in creating, updating, and maintaining this mod pack was more than i bargained for, and while it isn't an impossible task, with frequent alpha updates it is a bit more work than i wish to do at the time.
3. There is another mod out there, Superior crafting mod, which i feel offers a strong viable alternative to this mod pack anyhow, It has tons of features and seems to be growing rapidly, and I have thrown my lot in with them, providing a few ideas, and play testing the mod to try and catch bugs before the releases.
4. Ultimately, as each alpha and then beta version is released major aspects of the game seem to change, or are added / removed. this means lots of mods will become outdated/ irrelevant as time goes on, so building and rebuilding the mod pack over and over again will just become redundant / annoying / repetitive and make me hate modding for this game, I don't want that to happen, so i am nipping it in the bud here.

I figure, that on release, if there is still demand for a large all encompassing mod pack i may pick this back up at that time. I am however not making any promises. for now i suggest you guys give superior crafting a try, it is what I'm playing with at the moment and I'm loving it.

2rok

Did alpha 6 make it harder to create new stuff? I used to check the release page every day when the game was still alpha 5 and there would be new mods and tweaks to existing ones daily. Maybe it's just me but things seem to have slowed down a bit.

kutch

I must say Thank you as, with this ModPack, you enhanced my gameplay dramatically.  You've done an amazing job combining everything and am truly saddened you're hanging it up for now, but truly understand why.

I know nothing about modding, but do programming myself, would it be possible to make some sort of script to combine the mods easier?  Just asking, but again, a sincere THANK YOU!

Jerethi50

even what has to be done to combine mods correctly can change from alpha release to alpha release, not saying it definitely will, but it can, so even a script or program designed to "combine mods" would itself need frequent updating most likely, bust aside from that, there are a lot of custom little touches i put into the modpack, based on personal judgements, to make the various mods play more intuitively together. make a bit more sense together, and so on, I really dont see any way of automating that.

zelldot

I hear you man its why I originally stopped :p but this time i will release an alpha 7 version and then will release a alpha 8 ect i will not update it everyday because a mod changed slightly.... its the only way to keep it a hobby and not an unpaid job :D

chris84567