Luciferium & Chemical Damage

Started by thermalx, May 01, 2019, 11:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thermalx

Does Luciferium heal chemical damage?
UFABET
If so, giving Luciferium to a chemically fascinated pawn seems like an excellent way to deal with the pawn's drug abuse.

Limdood

1) luciferium is permanently addictive.  Once you give it to them once, you need a supply on hand, one every 5 days, or they'll go berserk until they die.  No cure.

2) Luciferium does NOT cause chemical damage (unless you let them go into withdrawal and, you know, die).  In fact, it heals scars and gives a permanent boost to several pawn stats....BUT...

3) The chemical interest and chemical fascination traits will still cause the pawn to go on drug binges.  Like gourmand and pyromaniac, high mood can increase the time between their mental break binges, but they WILL still have them (i think at max mood they are only 1 every 50 days?  I'm not sure, just a bit of info floating in my brain i think i read on these forums).  The fact that they are already regularly taking drugs has no effect on their mental breaks.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Kirby23590

Chemical Damage is caused by Wake-Up and Go-Juice Addictions when they reach the highest point and other drugs not Luciferium and Yayo so Yayo is kinda safe...

But unlike Luciferium, You can remove the Chemical Damage with Mech Healer Serums in Vanilla... Or in my case in using More Faction Interactions Mod, By visiting a Mystical Shaman who does the same thing with Mech Healer Serums...

If you want to remove Luciferium from your guy, you're outta luck and the only thing you can do is give him more before he goes in a withdraw.

Unless you use mods and have a mod that has an item that can remove that,
And the mods that i have and i'm using is called Sparkling Worlds and it adds an Cherub mech injector which can remove the Luciferium addiction out of your guy...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

vzoxz0

So neither of the two above answers actually answers the person's question...

I'm reasonably confident luciferium treats chemical damage, but I could be wrong.

Kirby23590

Don't recommend it...

Luciferium is incurable and the withdraw isn't worth it... Just wait for some quest that gives you Mech Healer Serums as the rewards to remove the Chemical Damage...

I prefer selling Luciferium instead... Otherwise they will be in the Cyrosleep caskets for a while unless some sells you Luciferium or some pirate raider or junkie drops them...

EDIT: And no, I don't think Luciferium heals Chemical Damage. Only Scars...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

TheMeInTeam

Luciferium is incredible, not sure if it heals chemical damage.  My understanding is that it only heals things that the game treats as "scars".  This does include brain damage from trauma, but it won't regrow limbs.  I don't THINK it undoes chemical damage, usually that's attained by replacing the organ.

Its best use is on a pawn you can't afford to get disease + does tasks that benefit from its boosts.  A good doctor is a top candidate, once you have enough that you can keep a supply until the end of the game.  The immunity gain is so fast that even when a disease becomes known in them immunity is well ahead of the disease progress despite no treatments to that point.

Limdood

Quote from: vzoxz0 on May 02, 2019, 01:29:38 AM
So neither of the two above answers actually answers the person's question...

I'm reasonably confident luciferium treats chemical damage, but I could be wrong.

whoops, you're correct.  I misread the question as "does luciferium CAUSE chemical damage" - which caused me to answer how I did.

I honestly don't know if luciferium cures chemical damage, but like Kirby, I've only ever SEEN luciferium heal scars...never frail, bad back, dementia, asthma, or heart disease, which I would assume chemical damage matches more closely.