Post your swag

Started by shaw357, August 13, 2019, 01:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaw357

Self Tamed Thrumbo

Thanks Randy

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pangaea

That's pretty cool. I've had a megasloth self-tame a few times, but that's hardly the same.

Don't know about "swag", but the game does have a tendency to throw weird crap at us -- "stories".

Took on a 12 person chasing pack. As usual the refugee was horrible, so I left him in the attack path and he died. The same moment these chaps showed up, a muffalo turned manhunter. They all went after him. No injuries to speak of, but it bought some time at least.

Then another raid. This time a 9-person drop-pod attack. So now there is a savage tribe and the pirates. Expected to have to take on a massive 20-ish unit force. But they actually started killing each other. Some died, and eventually the drop-podders made a run for it. Still had to take on the full 12-person chasing pack, and it was very brutal, but we survived. Really not sure if we could have survived a 20-person attack. That is a lot in year 1, armed with mostly bows.

Three of them survived long enough to become prisoners, although one was incredibly close to dying with blood loss at 99%, and all three are now accepted into the colony as half-decent pawns. One other was released with a missing lung. Not sure what happened there...

Maybe some payback for having the very first raider die. They're not supposed to be able to die, or so I thought. But a few visitors happened to be in the colony at the time, and they decided to blow his brains out.

Pangaea

Canute

You forget to build your chemfuel generators at these room ! :-)

Pangaea

First time ever getting the Wanderer joins event -- and it happened with 12 people on Cassandra Savage. I'm guessing the chances for that is on the low side.

Good grief. That's a terrifying sight. The map border is right there. No time to run anywhere.

Am I glad it worked to quickly build some steel walls? Yes, a little! Not too confident she could have taken on 20 bears by herself.

Shurp

That's actually an interesting strategy for dealing with Manhunter packs... it would work at your main base too.  Suppose a colonist has just ducked in through a door that a dozen caribou are pounding on... and only one colonist can repair at a time, so you *know* they'll break through.  Instead, have your builder construct a wall behind the door while they're bashing.  If he builds it fast enough, that entrance can be blocked!

(Repeat with all the others and wait out the Manhunters... if you can't trust them to not bash down doors)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Yep, that work's very well.
And wood wall's are build very fast. And since animals don't attack wall's it doesn't matter if they are wood.