[B18-1.0] Monster Mash (v4.0.4) (Changed Frameworks and Dependancies)

Started by ilikegoodfood, February 01, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikegoodfood

Attempts to reconfigure the Thermal Lance seem to be leading me inexorably towards a massive side-project to create the necessary functionality to support those changes. You can follow my project on that in the help section. I should be fairly obvious... Although I'm not sure I'll be undertaking the project, I am trying to at least get a simple prototype, just so that I have a better grasp of the scale of the changes I'd need to make.

As for updating this mod to 1.0, that is something that I will when 1.0 is pushed out to everyone as the primary version. Now that I'm familiar with the update process, it should be much faster than the B19 update, probably only a few days, maybe less, maybe more.

On-top of that, I'm still looking for an artist to touch-up my textures. If and when that is done, I'll be updating the gallery and trying to get screen-shots with standardized dimensions.

Hope you all continue to enjoy my mod and thank you for your support, comments and ratings.

ilikegoodfood

Update for RimWorld 1.0 is now out!

The mods that I have compatibility for have not yet updated, so I cannot test to see if the compatibility patches cause any errors. They shouldn't, but there is a small chance that they may. I'll check those mods regularly for updates, but there could be a short period between that and my updating my mod where they will not work together. If that happens, please let me know

Compatibility Patches are working perfectly. Enjoy!

Griphaha

ilikegoodfood

That happens sometimes when I make a lot of small changes and uploads in quick succession. Fixed.
Thanks for letting me know.

ilikegoodfood

A minor fix to the amount of Meat you get from butchering monsters has been released.

With regards to expanding the mod, I have finally started to seriously rebuild the Ranged Animal Framework from scratch as the Verb Expansion Framework. The folks over at the RimWorld Discord have been unbelievably helpful and the first step has gone well (humanoid raiders now recognize verbs from hediffs, and can shoot you with them). I imagine it'll take at the very least a few weeks, possibly a few months, to get everything working.

I need to change the Think Trees for animals, build a chooseRangedVerb function that approximates a verb's usefulness and selects the most damaging for AI and build an entire extension to the UI for player controlled pawns that have multiple verbs, as well as tweak the reporting system so that it correctly tells you what your colonist was shot with.

It's a big project and one I'm both exited and nervous about.

ilikegoodfood

A minor fix to the trade value of the Carrion Crawler Shell and Thermal Core.
Also, all monsters can now be traded with the various types of combat merchant.

ilikegoodfood

MonsterMash version 4.0 is finally out.

Sadly, this update does not include new content updates, but it provides a huge number of fixes that have become neccesary as time passed (and that no-one reported).

• Remove dependency on Range Animal Framework
  • Removed dependency on ModCheck
  • Added dependency of Verb Expansion Framework
  • Fixed compatibility patches for A Dog Said... Animal Prosthetics
  • Changed compatibility patches for Giddy-Up in accordance with removal of ModCheck

I am actively continuing development on the Verb Expansion Framework (Steam Workshop) (Forum), which I started a long time ago in order to facilitate some of the things I wanted to do with this mod.
Using features I hope to complete soon, I will performing a general overhaul of this mod.

Until then, this mod is working again, as it should be. Enjoy!

Vehicular_Zombicide

Will there ever be a compatibility patch between this mod and Genetic Rim?

ilikegoodfood

Quote from: Vehicular_Zombicide on August 01, 2019, 05:34:35 PM
Will there ever be a compatibility patch between this mod and Genetic Rim?

I would very much like there to be, although I don't yet know when I'll have time to get to it. The upcomming updates may be a resonable time to work on that too.

ilikegoodfood

The first content update for MonsterMash in a very long time is now out!
Version 4.0.1 brings slight adjustments to all creatures, fixes and mod compatibility for Advanced Biomes, Nature's Pretty Sweet, Realistic Planets, and Terra Project.

ilikegoodfood

Monster Mash Version 4.0.2 is now out, and along with it the version of the Polar Colossus that I originally envisaged.

The Polar Colossus now spawns with a set of three artificial bodyparts, the Thermal Core, Optical Targeting System and Thermal Lance Firing Assembly. Each one is roughly equivalent to an archotech bodypart, and grants powerful bonuses. When all three are installed on a pawn, the pawn gains the Thermal Lance Assembly and accompanying ranged attack (scales to body size).

Also finally fixed the tradability bug that has plagued this mod since release. All items, building and creatures are now tradable.

Near-future plans include the creation of a new mechanoid (technically two). Expect to see the Mechanoid Fabricator wandering the world, or occasionally dropping down among spaceship parts.

ilikegoodfood

Monster Mash 4.0.4 brings breeding fixes for the Carrion Crawler and Inferno Beetle, prosthetics integration for AlphaAnimals and the ability to convert the new Thermal Core (artificial body part) into the old Thermal Core (building).

It also brings us our first localisation. The modder Trunken has kindly translated Monster Mash into German.