Annoying bug with (maybe) Outfitter. Pawns with weapons won't equip a shield eve

Started by MalikCooper, October 19, 2019, 06:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalikCooper

So obviously pawns aren't allowed to shoot through a normal shield belt, so I can understand this logic. However, "Heavy Marine Armor" has a small built-in shield, designed to stop light gunfire/stray bullets, and people with my "soldier" outfit will not equip it. Instead, I can see that these armors have the score value "-1000" when I select one of these colonsts, the same as a shield belt for a colonist with a ranged weapon equipped. Pawns who have no weapon will equip this heavy armor without issue.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there any solution? It's honestly super damn frustrating, because they're trying to "save me from myself", but they're actually just directly disobeying the shit that my outfits are telling them to put on.

Canute

Hi,
yep some mod's add appareal with integrated shield belt systems.
And you should differ between Closerange soldiers and Rangefight Soldiers.
I think these "Heavy Marine Armor" is designed for Closerange for brawler pawn to attack others with sword&spears not with guns.
Normaly when a pawn equip a range weapons he won't equip some appareal with shield systems. But it can happen that the mod author forget to add a tag to these appareal and they still equip it.
Mosttime you only notice it will you try to force to hunt with these or draft them to shoot something and don't work.
But that's the problem of the mod, you can try to report it to the mod author.