Preserve beds despite being on mining trips

Started by Pangaea, November 14, 2019, 04:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Could you please make it so that beds in the colony stay reserved to its occupant, despite them being away on mining trips and having temporary lodgings there with sleeping bags?

It can be a right pain to set things up once they get back. Couples, ascetic, jealous, greedy being the main issues, but some pawns I want closer to possible action too, like good socials close to the prisons so I can quickly do a chat during the night without ruining the whole sleep pattern.

So in summary it would be great if the beds didn't become "Unowned" during the trip.

bugi

As an extension to that, simply, allow pawns to own multiple beds, no matter where the beds are, even in the same area. When they need to go to bed, they can go to the nearest one, if they have multiple in the same area.  It could e.g. save couple hours each day for a pawn doing longer work in a more distant part of the colony.  (Of course, that particular use case can be handled even now, via micromanaging beds, but that is one unnecessary chore that could be easily done with the change).

Edit: and that lead soon after to another idea, marking beds for anyone's use, i.e. in a way where the next sleeper will not automatically take ownership of that bed, and the sleeper can have his own bed, too. (Perhaps he just decided to use that "anyone's" bed instead, e.g. because own bed is at the time not reachable, or too far considering how tired he is, etc.)