(WIP) Gradual Romance

Started by Nationality, November 26, 2019, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nationality

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 16, 2020, 02:48:49 PM
Just heads up, the mod seems to be incompatible with android tiers. It throws these kinds of errors every tick: Exception while recalculating Pretty thought state for pawn Sean: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Gradual_Romance.Harmony.GRThoughtWorker_PrettyPatch.GRPrettyPatch (RimWorld.ThoughtState&,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x000ff>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_Pretty.CurrentSocialStateInternal_Patch2 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00263>
at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentSocialState (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00037>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateSocialThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef,Verse.Pawn) <0x000bd>

I don't know if that would be hard to patch. I hope not, and if there is a quick patch I can make locally any advice would be greatly appreciated! Super excited to see where this mod goes!

Thanks.
I think I know what the issue is, and it should be fixed for next version (which is taking a while!). That said, though I'd like androids to eventually be compatible, for right now, I don't think GR is compatible with any mod that adds androids. That's partly because Psychology natively has compatibility issues with androids, and you need to go into Psychology's source code to fix it.

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

Quote from: Nationality on February 17, 2020, 02:42:14 AM
Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 16, 2020, 02:48:49 PM
Just heads up, the mod seems to be incompatible with android tiers. It throws these kinds of errors every tick: Exception while recalculating Pretty thought state for pawn Sean: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Gradual_Romance.Harmony.GRThoughtWorker_PrettyPatch.GRPrettyPatch (RimWorld.ThoughtState&,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x000ff>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThoughtWorker_Pretty.CurrentSocialStateInternal_Patch2 (object,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00263>
at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentSocialState (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00037>
at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateSocialThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef,Verse.Pawn) <0x000bd>

I don't know if that would be hard to patch. I hope not, and if there is a quick patch I can make locally any advice would be greatly appreciated! Super excited to see where this mod goes!

Thanks.
I think I know what the issue is, and it should be fixed for next version (which is taking a while!). That said, though I'd like androids to eventually be compatible, for right now, I don't think GR is compatible with any mod that adds androids. That's partly because Psychology natively has compatibility issues with androids, and you need to go into Psychology's source code to fix it.

Also there is a similar message when highlighting bonded animals. Where GR spams an error log about trying to find the animals...uh.."attractiveness." Just a heads up. Also are you considering adding support for RJW? ;D

Nationality

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 19, 2020, 07:12:59 PM
Also there is a similar message when highlighting bonded animals. Where GR spams an error log about trying to find the animals...uh.."attractiveness." Just a heads up. Also are you considering adding support for RJW? ;D
I've never gotten such a message, so I think that might be a mod compatibility thing. Are you using RJW? I know they do some hacky stuff with animals to get them to work... the way they want them to. That might explain it. Anyway, there's a brute-force fix but I don't think RJW users will like it.

As for supporting RJW... probably not. GR is partly born from my dissatisfaction with RJW, which I find to be silly and weird. That said, I don't object to people patching GR to support RJW. It just isn't worth the time for me.

Nationality

A note to everyone: Because of the impending update to 1.1, a release is delayed until Psychology is updated. I've taken it upon myself to make an unofficial Psychology update to 1.1, and then I have to update GR to 1.1 after that.  :'(

Quote from: Nationality on February 21, 2020, 10:16:38 AM
A note to everyone: Because of the impending update to 1.1, a release is delayed until Psychology is updated. I've taken it upon myself to make an unofficial Psychology update to 1.1, and then I have to update GR to 1.1 after that.  :'(

Given how long it can take the author of Psychology to up date that could be a while :o

But I hope making your own patch isn't too difficult. Fortunately 1.1 seems to be the easiest version to update mods for in while. Well for most mods at least.

Also do you know what aspects conflict with RJW? I might take a stab at a patch. Although I'm still learning C and C#.

Nationality

Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 21, 2020, 10:39:55 AM

Given how long it can take the author of Psychology to up date that could be a while :o

But I hope making your own patch isn't too difficult. Fortunately 1.1 seems to be the easiest version to update mods for in while. Well for most mods at least.

Also do you know what aspects conflict with RJW? I might take a stab at a patch. Although I'm still learning C and C#.
I've never tested RJW with GR, so I'm not sure.
There is some conceptual overlap between RJW and GR, especially in the internal builds, so making them work together will probably be quite a challenge.

lugaruclone

As somebody growing further and further detatched from my individual pawns I really welcome this, it would really create an on ramp for more relationships happening and hopefully provide tools to keep friendships and relationships strong.

Hopefully we get some new friendship actions like 'encourage', 'hug' and 'console' to make camaraderie more valuable and to sometimes ease the transition from friends into lovers.

And besides pawns 'having more sex' for sure things  such as hugs and kisses might help transition from 'dating' to 'moving in together' and provide micro doses of 'loving' through the day to offset all those table related debuffs.

Quote from: Nationality on February 21, 2020, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES on February 21, 2020, 10:39:55 AM

Just a heads up there is an unofficial 1.1 version of psychology on the steam workshop now.

I've never tested RJW with GR, so I'm not sure.
There is some conceptual overlap between RJW and GR, especially in the internal builds, so making them work together will probably be quite a challenge.

Nationality

QuoteJust a heads up there is an unofficial 1.1 version of psychology on the steam workshop now.
Yes I know I uploaded it originally. It looks like Kemper is taking over maintaining it.
I'm a little dissatisfied with Psychology, so I think I'm going to start a similar mod with my own changes.
I'll eventually merge GR's features with the new mod's.

Ruisuki

what aspects of psychology do you wish were handled differently?

lobz

Hey there. This mod seems awesome. But I only just upgraded to 1.1 and I'm gonna wait until you have an 1.1 update too. Do you have any plans in that direction?

Btw I didn't find the dependency tag on your About.xml, so if you haven't added it, could I suggest you do?

HammerheadCow

Do you have any plans for a 1.2 update?
I'm not creative enough to make up a good signature.