[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vovik

Quote from: Rudo on March 23, 2020, 01:33:13 AM
Hey Vovik, I'll work on getting this update on steam. Would you mind putting a .txt in the mod documenting all the changes as you go so I can check for grammar etc. I'd appreciate it :)
Ok
Quote from: Canute on March 23, 2020, 03:04:42 AM
I suggest to put the all the update notes at the first posting into a [ code] block
then it looks like
Thanks
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

@vovik

Was the Totem Pole (aka Nature Worshiping spot) removed? I cannot find it anymore in the architect menu.

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 23, 2020, 04:19:25 PM
@vovik

Was the Totem Pole (aka Nature Worshiping spot) removed? I cannot find it anymore in the architect menu.
Totems are makeable through crafting at crafting spot or artisan station. It should show up there as far as i rememeber, same as other religion symbols.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

I see it now. Before you could directly build it. Thanks!

vovik

Bump.
Doors have a slight intresting mechanism of work, it will take time to implement the "gas airlock" properly.
Mein Herz brennt

Rudo

I updated the steam version to the latest version here. Someone has mentioned that they are having duplicate items in game and errors in the logs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: also the first shelter tech buildings do not count as indoors.

Edit 2: I've fixed both issues. One was my fault and the other was fixed by changing the wall fill percentage to 1.

Here's an updated version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zMrQ3D1tcsEzQVGhT6ZIdcuqL5NX2IAs

Edit 3: Stone ovens are refuelable but not usable for cooking. It doesn't have a WorkGiverDef, though I updated the steam version with the fix.

vovik

Ok, thanks, will merge those fixes. About simple coal complaints - for me its working fine, i have single coal chunks resource and coal minables, uploaded latest version of simple coal just to be safe.
Mein Herz brennt

Rudo

So there's a bunch of issues going on with medieval tech buildings. Catapaults and murderholes apparently can't be placed and murderholes don't even have a blueprint icon. I think maybe it would be a good idea to be testing to make sure existing things are working before trying to add more. There's a lot of instability in this mod and adding more before the base is even working properly is just going to create more issues.

Hydromancerx

So i have been very hopeful for this project. However the way is been done has been bothering me a bit. So much is just re-releasing existing mods. I was hoping it would be more of like a synergy with them. In addition other mods i very much like to use have been conflicting. Such as ZARS Tribalism. And as i can see Medieval stuff is not doing so well. So I have a bit of a strange request. Could you make a "Lite" version that only includes new content? What i mean is content not in any other released mod. It basically would include ...

- Totem Pole Shrine
- Neolithic Table and Stool
- Neolithic Beds
- Neolithic Tools and Toolbox

That's about all i can think of that is not already covered in Medieval Times, ZARS Tribalism or other mods out there. In short perhaps rather than including all of these mods into your mod you should instead add dependencies to them. Then do your tweaks to the mods. That way you have less to fix.

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 31, 2020, 01:46:36 PM
That's about all i can think of that is not already covered in Medieval Times, ZARS Tribalism or other mods out there. In short perhaps rather than including all of these mods into your mod you should instead add dependencies to them. Then do your tweaks to the mods. That way you have less to fix.
Sure, i will be doing polishing after i add airlocks, also i tried making a patch to medieval times and early times together... it resulted in whole lot.. no, A TONN of patches where i just screwed my head over and over, so i decided to do it this way. I will be doing separation of tribalism content mod stuff, as it does not need to overlap with mod that has its own "ecosystem of mods" (yes, i thought about that and made this conclusion).

Seems polish time comes sooner than i expected.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 31, 2020, 01:46:36 PM
So i have been very hopeful for this project. However the way is been done has been bothering me a bit. So much is just re-releasing existing mods. I was hoping it would be more of like a synergy with them. In addition other mods i very much like to use have been conflicting. Such as ZARS Tribalism. And as i can see Medieval stuff is not doing so well. So I have a bit of a strange request. Could you make a "Lite" version that only includes new content? What i mean is content not in any other released mod. It basically would include ...
I am kinda "re-releasing", rather i upgrade those mod parts - like adding more functionality to totems or shrines except than being just another thing that adds recreation it gains new functionality.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

update:
-added ice/primitive/reinforced arlock
-fixed room issue with primitive wall
-fixed stone oven
-checked coal again, it is working fine

moving to polishing stuff
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Well one thing i noticed recently is that the Stone Oven in ZARS Tribalism was broken by Early Times. Which is a shame since that oven works with more recipes from other mods than ET mod's Stone Oven. So I reversed the order from ZARS Tribalism then Early Times to Early Times then Tribalism and it seemed to fix the problem at least for the ZARS Tribalism Stone Oven. One other difference between the two is that ZARS Tribalism Stone oven is a 1x2 while Early Times Stone oven is a 2x2.

As for the Totem Pole i really like that. it makes it not just some decorative thing. Which is why i have still been trying to keep this mod as opposed to just going back to ZARS Tribalism and Medieval Times only. I have been tempted to put the Medieval Times mod back on my mod list and see if i set it after Early Times if it will fix all the Medieval content. Or if it will just crash my game.

Hydromancerx

Oh also one recomednned mod that goes well with all of these pre-Instustial mods is this ...

Burn It for Fuel
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1823276856

You can set any item as fuel and set what fuel-able item uses what. So for instance the Fertile Fields mod gives Plant Scraps so I have fire and stuff be able to use it as a fuel source. In the Apothecary Mod they have tallow so I use those from the RIMkea primitive lamps. And in Dubs Hygiene Mod i can use their water item as fuel for the Passive Cooler. Or from Ancient Rim i can use their Olive Oil for various lamps.

In short this is more of a tip than a request for those like me who like to play the Tribal game in Rimworld.

Rudo

I do agree with Hydromancerx about the state and current developement of this mod. I still think this mod is quite interesting and I'd like to see it progress, though tbh I think if you really want this to work you might even want to consider using the assets but starting from scratch. It's so crazy behind the scenes that when I try to fix an issue I'm looking through 5 different people's patches and changes to try and figure what's going on.

I know it might be overwhelming but I can try to help if you're interested in a rework. Since we already have a tech tree worked out we can go through and see what works and then make an appropriate file structure and then sort out the defs and patches from there.

edit: New bug: writing desks cannot be tasked with any bills

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 31, 2020, 06:59:05 PM
Burn It for Fuel
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1823276856
Cool, no need to implement it myself.

Quote from: Rudo on April 01, 2020, 12:29:14 AM
I know it might be overwhelming but I can try to help if you're interested in a rework. Since we already have a tech tree worked out we can go through and see what works and then make an appropriate file structure and then sort out the defs and patches from there.
First i need to separate zars tribalism stuff, also need to add some compat for updated combat extended, after than a rework is possible. Other than that you are not required to ask my permission to do a rework, i would just ask you to notify me about new version so i can add new features there if needed(in case i add something new that does not exist in that version).

Quote from: Rudo on April 01, 2020, 12:29:14 AM
edit: New bug: writing desks cannot be tasked with any bills
writing books requires research. How pawn will write a book if he does not know how to write?
https://imgur.com/a/AQQq1CL
Mein Herz brennt