[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan Huitema

Could you make eye wear craftable? because i love the ski masks and also it is frustrating having a Kevlar helmet but nothing to go over the face except stuff you loot from the dead

great mod tho i adore everything you have done here it makes rimworld so much more fun to play

Shinzy

Quote from: JordanHuitema on April 26, 2016, 12:17:07 AM
Could you make eye wear craftable? because i love the ski masks and also it is frustrating having a Kevlar helmet but nothing to go over the face except stuff you loot from the dead

great mod tho i adore everything you have done here it makes rimworld so much more fun to play

Nooo! Looting your fallen enemies is the only true way!
Your kevlar helmet pawn has to prove its worth in battle and fight for the added facial protection. Rip those glasses out of their still warm bodies
Riiip the poor sod into tiny chunks and feed them to your cat! *frothing rant about making apparel out of human skin*

Jordan Huitema

Quote from: Shinzy on April 26, 2016, 03:13:30 AM
Your kevlar helmet pawn has to prove its worth in battle and fight for the added facial protection. Rip those glasses out of their still warm bodies
Riiip the poor sod into tiny chunks and feed them to your cat! *frothing rant about making apparel out of human skin*
Ill do it myself then but thanks.
Cant wait for prepare carefully to come out so i can harvest organs and limbs of passers by and then chop them up and make chairs and cloths out of there skins without my colonists wanting to kill themselves for doing my bidding. C:<

Shinzy

Quote from: JordanHuitema on April 26, 2016, 09:25:02 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on April 26, 2016, 03:13:30 AM
ill do it myself then but thanks.
cant wait for prepare carefully to come out so i can harvest organs and limbs of passers by and then chop them up and make chairs and cloths out of there skins without my colonists wanting to kill themselves for doing my bidding

It's just that I'm using my own custom resources for the glasses which I should then make craftable aswell, or make away with entirely. And probably make the glasses unindestructable again
None of which I want to do as I do love having the corpses having something more "unique" but not too important to loot
I'm vain like that ;D

Zombra

At a glance, this looks like a great mod - I'm definitely interested in my colonists being able to wear pants.

The description is a little, er, bare bones though.  I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting into before I add this to my current saved game.  A more, er, descriptive mod description would be appreciated.

Failing that, let me just blurt out some of my concerns.

Will I have to make room somewhere for 12 new benches?

Did you explode the tailoring "Bill" list to 200 entries to wade through, instead of the 8 or so in vanilla?

Will I need to increase my storage/dumping space by 10x to accommodate all the new item types?

I saw what looks like some kind of cabinet in a screenshot.  Finally, a storage option for similar items?  (I can stack 75 pounds of silver on one spot, but not two t-shirts?)

Most importantly, will pirates, tribals and raiders suddenly go crazy with fashion?  Will I see guys who used to wear dirty boarskin onesies show up in hot pink rhinestone ball gowns?  Or do factions retain the same thematic "feel" as in vanilla?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts - looking forward to trying this.  :)

Shinzy

Quote from: Zombra on April 29, 2016, 02:36:06 PM
At a glance, this looks like a great mod - I'm definitely interested in my colonists being able to wear pants.

The description is a little, er, bare bones though.  I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting into before I add this to my current saved game.  A more, er, descriptive mod description would be appreciated.

Failing that, let me just blurt out some of my concerns.

Will I have to make room somewhere for 12 new benches?

Did you explode the tailoring "Bill" list to 200 entries to wade through, instead of the 8 or so in vanilla?

Will I need to increase my storage/dumping space by 10x to accommodate all the new item types?

I saw what looks like some kind of cabinet in a screenshot.  Finally, a storage option for similar items?  (I can stack 75 pounds of silver on one spot, but not two t-shirts?)

Most importantly, will pirates, tribals and raiders suddenly go crazy with fashion?  Will I see guys who used to wear dirty boarskin onesies show up in hot pink rhinestone ball gowns?  Or do factions retain the same thematic "feel" as in vanilla?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts - looking forward to trying this.  :)

The tailor bench will be having around 50 new recipes in it (if you do all the relevant research)
even without you'll be looking at maybe 16 extra recipes

There's 5 new researches
and 1 new workbench, 1 "research" bench and a facility to go with it
you can easily fit them all in basic 4x4 room

aand the factions won't be *too crazy* I've only allowed them to wear things that made some sense to me

Edit: Oh and the storage ares would need some expanding for clothes
Also if it's just the pants you want! =P Check the attachment, I made them into mod of it's own
(I read the pants thread where you mentioned you prefer playing Vanilla, so ::) )

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Zombra

Wow!  Thanks for splitting those pants off just for me :D

Looks like you've done wonderful work limiting stuff appropriately to factions.  Overall the mod looks great.

I think I'll try just the pants first and see how I feel about going full on later ;)

kosh401

Love this mod :D 

Question: Is there a way to deconstruct the new clothing? I like to set my stations to dismantle clothing that's under 50% and less than normal quality, but workers don't seem to do that with these new items. Do I need to get further along with research/tables before they will be included in the bills such as 'deconstruct hats' etc.?

Shinzy

Quote from: kosh401 on April 29, 2016, 04:51:04 PM

Question: Is there a way to deconstruct the new clothing? I like to set my stations to dismantle clothing that's under 50% and less than normal quality, but workers don't seem to do that with these new items. Do I need to get further along with research/tables before they will be included in the bills such as 'deconstruct hats' etc.?
You can burn them, I don't know how the dismantling mods work with this

Grogfeld

Quote from: Shinzy on April 29, 2016, 05:29:24 PM

Use Recycle mod to get heavenly material - plastic :P

Shinzy

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 29, 2016, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on April 29, 2016, 05:29:24 PM

Use Recycle mod to get heavenly material - plastic :P
;D

Malachi_Draven

I have the proper research finished but my tailoring tables are still only showing the vanilla recipes. Are there any mods that you know of which might be conflicting?

Edit: Nevermind. I did what somebody else did - put Apparello high up on my mod order - and all the recipes are there now :)

falcongrey

Have an interesting bug I believe with a Cobra Skin Tribal Mask. While all the other Tribal Masks I've come across can be taken to the stock pile, this one (even with EVERYTHING accepted at the stockpile) says there isn't any place to haul it off to so is stuck outside.

EDIT: Oh, and the above 'VisiblePants' mod you posted above... is that already in Apparello or a new separate add on to it?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Goldenpotatoes

Shinzy

Quote from: falcongrey on April 30, 2016, 03:43:27 PM
Have an interesting bug I believe with a Cobra Skin Tribal Mask. While all the other Tribal Masks I've come across can be taken to the stock pile, this one (even with EVERYTHING accepted at the stockpile) says there isn't any place to haul it off to so is stuck outside.

EDIT: Oh, and the above 'VisiblePants' mod you posted above... is that already in Apparello or a new separate add on to it?

Oh good spot! there's actually two kinds of masks, The other one's somewhat rare, compared to the other tribal hats.
I had just forgotten the storage category from that one :-[ (ima upload the fixed version tomorrow, it's way too late here atm)
The visible pants are already in Apparello, just copy pasted it off there for zombra, since he's still enjoying the vanilla ;D

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 30, 2016, 06:12:44 PM
I'm sorry, I just need to know:
http://i.imgur.com/pBFouL1.png

What ever happened to THIS?

Taters! there was some unfixable texture clipping issues with them