[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutureeros

Quote from: Shydragon on June 11, 2020, 02:13:12 PM
Some glitches popped up this morning.

- The infant in my current save looked like a headless naked torso. When she started crawling at 2 quadrums she looked normal, but her clothes don't appear on her sprite.
- Childcarers take other adults to their beds to feed them.
- I have a colonist that I recruited as a 12 year old. His child sprite looked completely normal even after the update, but the moment he turned 13 his sprite became a headless naked child torso (unless he's in bed, then it only shows his head like normal).

I loaded up my other save where there's like 10 babies and all the sprites are messed up, but differently than my current save.
- The age 2 quadrum to 2 year old babies look either like headless naked adults or like walking sausages with onesies (in the crawling pose) stuck on them. This doesn't seem to correlate with age, since I have 2 year olds, 1 year olds, and >1 year olds with both versions of the glitched sprite.
- The 3 kids aged 3-5 look like headless adults. Their clothes appear normally.
- Teenagers look like adults but with child sized heads and clothes.

I am having the same issue with colonists taking adult colonists to beds to be fed. This save already had children and pregnancy activated but this only started happening today. Is this possible to fix or is the save scrapped? Thank you. (P.S. first time posting please let me know if i formatted my question incorrectly)

notfood

Just to let you know that 3.0 breaks Multiplayer support. You need to use 2.1.2.

Why break away from HAR though? What was the issue?

TheBadiator

Quote from: Tragix on June 11, 2020, 03:45:12 PM
Quote from: TheBadiator on June 10, 2020, 11:31:01 PM
After the Update, all of my infants immediately grew up, and all of them glitched, so that even though they have 100 manipulation, they can't interact with objects. I had roughly 3 children old enough to hold pistols that they can't use now, and I had 5 more on the way that I don't have a bed or room for.
I'm not sure what part of  "This is incompatible with previous saves" wasn't clear.

Serves me right for just clicking download, huh? I'll just wait until you settle upon a stable version of the mod. Because I'm tired of saves breaking.

GhostData

Quote from: notfood on June 11, 2020, 08:05:46 PM
Just to let you know that 3.0 breaks Multiplayer support. You need to use 2.1.2.

Why break away from HAR though? What was the issue?
As far as I am aware, there was never any official support for multiplayer. At least, there is no special code or mention of it in the codebase.
I've never used the multiplayer plugin myself, so I can't begin to speculate as to what is required of a mod to work with the multiplayer mod - or what broke it.

Prior to this change, there was no official support for HAR in CNP. This release is the first step towards integrating the two on CNP's side.

Quote from: Unit501 on June 11, 2020, 04:54:00 PM
Copy that, if you'd like I'll see what I can do to put these other races through the system and see what kinda of trouble I can find?

And just to confirm, the unsupported races are the Ferisans and the Racc correct?
So far I have not been able to spot the same issue you ran into on world gen, so I've got no lead on that at the moment.
I can certainly tell you that Thrumkin, Racc, and Ferisans all need to be patched. You can determine this by looking at the race def in each mod, and checking for custom life stages:

This iteration relies on known lifestages, so custom lifestages have to have a definition so we know what to do with a pawn of a race when it reaches that lifestage.

Quote from: phutureeros on June 11, 2020, 07:48:27 PM
I am having the same issue with colonists taking adult colonists to beds to be fed. This save already had children and pregnancy activated but this only started happening today. Is this possible to fix or is the save scrapped? Thank you. (P.S. first time posting please let me know if i formatted my question incorrectly)
Per previous posts, this version cannot be used on previous save files - you will need a new save file.
When I first patched this to 1.1, I moved it to the release section assuming that it was a mature mod. However, the modded ecosystem has changed since CNP was last in development, so there are many transformations to come in order for it to reach a new point of maturity. Unfortunately, that means that some releases will introduce new mechanisms that simply won't work on an existing save.

There's still a tremendous amount of work to be done here, sadly. In order to be useful for the average mod user, we need to at a minimum not break race mods, support non player factions, handle caravans, support CE, and play nice with other derivative mods. CNP under my management will focus on handling children, pregnancy, and birth and doing so to the best of my ability to make it do so. This will eventually mean that other mods that can't make up their minds on what they want to be will step on each others toes - Babys and children, children and learning, and even RJW all derive from this original mod. I intend for CNP to provide a flexible enough implementation that any other mods wishing to use it for handling these three features may do so, but there will come a point in time where I will have to abandon any support for players who try to mix-and-match.

All of this takes a lot of time, which I unfortunately don't have. Stability will return in time, until then there are new features to write.

Geese man

Umm how are you guys even getting to see any infants?
my pawns cannot get pregnant naturally and when forced through dev mode it wont deliver a baby.
I'm seeing this in the log:
https://gyazo.com/43ee31441f6eca23d19d15acc8908d17
currently only using harmony and hugslib with base game (adding royalty does not chance anything)
so any idea why I can only produce infants with the: "T: Give Birth" ?

zbysiek12345

Quote from: Unit501 on June 11, 2020, 04:41:00 PM

Quote from: zbysiek12345 on June 11, 2020, 06:03:09 AM
I came from steam to post my bug reports after update.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e665507509c7230cf373fa260d47ae9d
Unfortunately, this tells me where a problem is occurring, but not with enough context to fix it. I will need to know more about the pawns that are throwing this errors - age, race, faction, etc.
There are also some unrelated errors to do with minified vents.

The errors are caused by my only child in colony. Human female Andrea aged 1 year and 40 days from my colony called Lechici.
In my case Andrea didn't change to a leg or something strange. I only observed that something is not good, because of few micro shuttering and then I cheked logs. I opened game today and I get this error every time. I don't see now any more errors:

Exception drawing Andrea: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objectat RimWorldChildren.Children_Drawing.ModifyClothingForChild (UnityEngine.Material origMat, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Rot4 bodyFacing) [0x0004a] in <f1be4809cdb24fa1b4d128854812276f>:0at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.DMD<DMD<RenderPawnInternal_Patch2>?-1857377408::RenderPawnInternal_Patch2>(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,single,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool,bool)at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal (UnityEngine.Vector3 rootLoc, System.Single angle, System.Boolean renderBody, Verse.RotDrawMode draw, System.Boolean headStump, System.Boolean invisible) [0x0001a] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.DMD<DMD<RenderPawnAt_Patch1>?1380000896::RenderPawnAt_Patch1>(Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool)at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 drawLoc) [0x0002b] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3 drawLoc, System.Boolean flip) [0x00006] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00007] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x000d8] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()Verse.Map:DMD<DMD<MapUpdate_Patch1>?-545372928::MapUpdate_Patch1>(Map)Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()Verse.Root_Play:Update()

GhostData

Found the issue with opening the debug menu without alien races installed. Will be fixed in the next release.

For those complaining of pawns being born at age 14 with an adult body: Stop using Children, School, and Learning.
CSL breaks basic method contracts to accomplish its goals, and in doing so is incompatible with CNP. CSL patches the pawn generation method and explicitly ignores several parameters the class provides to control pawn age at generation, forcing the method to return a minimum of 14. This could be easily remedied on CSL's part by simply adjusting the age when the pawn is born, so I'm not sure why they patched such a crucial method.

CSL will need changes in order to be compatible with CNP, as this is not something I can fix on my side. Based on CSLs mission statement, it appears the mod is geared heavily towards being an education/RP style mod, not interested necessarily in the believability of childhood, choosing to implement a very stripped down version of pregnancy and childhood in order to better accomplish the primary goal. This is perfectly fine, though my question would be "Why handle something poorly, when you could not handle it at all?"

For the mods to play nicely, at a minimum I believe CSL would need to stop patching pawn generation classes. There are probably other issues as well. For example, both mods patch the lovin' jobs to inject pregnancy code.

I will be updating the OP with a list of mods that are incompatible. I'm certain it will not prevent anyone from trying and failing to use those incompatible mods with CNP, but I will no longer feel bad ignoring those users.

Dolore9000

I had a problem where this mod and RJW together were only generating one base per faction.  If I used CNP by itself, without RJW, or RJW without CNP, then bases were spread as normal.  I updated to 3.01 from the gitlab and the issue seems fixed.

quicklikefire

Hi,

I was just wondering if there's plans to expand on the mod, like adding toys, ways to study, improving children behavior, birthdays, etc or if the plan is just to keep it stable with whatever the current release is.

Also: I'm new to modding as a concept, including making them, but wondered if it was possible to bring the old Baby and Children mod to this patch or disable pregnancy so that the mod is usable with CSL. I know this branch isn't usable with it unless the other mod changes.

Thanks!

Shydragon

I made a new save, but I'm still getting a couple of issues. Childcarers still try to feed adults, baby clothes don't appear on the baby's sprite, and newborns randomly become capable of walking for a bit when being carried.

JMan1008

So I started up a new game on 3.0.1 recently and recruited a 12-year old. After she turned 13, she immediately turned into a floating naked torso and my debug log was spammed with messages. Just to clarify, I am running a few incompatible race mods, but they are all disabled in the mod settings. This kid was a human, not an alien. And another one of my colonists is a sixteen-year old (not sure what age was the cut-off for teenager, but I think she's still considered one) and she's completely normal. I can hop back into my save game to get a screenshot and the exact debug log notification if that would help.

GhostData

Quote from: JMan1008 on June 13, 2020, 07:25:36 PM
So I started up a new game on 3.0.1 recently and recruited a 12-year old. After she turned 13, she immediately turned into a floating naked torso and my debug log was spammed with messages. Just to clarify, I am running a few incompatible race mods, but they are all disabled in the mod settings. This kid was a human, not an alien. And another one of my colonists is a sixteen-year old (not sure what age was the cut-off for teenager, but I think she's still considered one) and she's completely normal. I can hop back into my save game to get a screenshot and the exact debug log notification if that would help.
Thanks for actually mentioning ages and races - that part is vital. A save file would be even more helpful. We generate a few fields on pawn gen that may be screwed up for children generated for other factions.

JMan1008

Quote from: Tragix on June 13, 2020, 09:59:21 PM
Quote from: JMan1008 on June 13, 2020, 07:25:36 PM
Thanks for actually mentioning ages and races - that part is vital. A save file would be even more helpful. We generate a few fields on pawn gen that may be screwed up for children generated for other factions.

Here's the save file. Hopefully you can access it through Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DoDSiocaqjbmcOGNBg65IY3zoEJ_uF7v/view?usp=sharing

ProfZelonka

Three issues in my session:

1. Running into body type issues with all human children.. Headless children..
Made a thread not knowing it was caused by this mod. Provided logs in thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=52447.0

I don't believe the issue was there in the prev version.. but not sure, maybe just never encountered. It's happening on all human children now tho for sure.

2. I'm also having the issue of Childcare job taking machine/android races to the crib. lol Any chance to add a line of code to exclude machine races? I believe the following races have the issue: Android Tiers including The Old World and TX series, Geth, Kenshi Skeleton Race. Not sure about: Automatons, Syntho, or Borg?

3. And any chance to add that a kid above say.. 2, shouldn't be in a crib any more? I have my settings to adult age being 18 and have a 17 year old sleeping in a crib..

GhostData

Fixed a few issues from the last version. Alien race dependency should be soft now. Child body types not changing to adult at 13 should be fixed.
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v3.0.2

I still cannot replicate the childcare android problem. There are numerous checks on all childcare jobs that should prevent them from being valid targets for those jobs, and so far I have not seen them being taken to cribs. What other criteria are present when you notice this issue? Android has a low energy? Specific tier of android?